I think the redzone mechanics should be changed to be similar to what they are in A3 BR. Now its is simply unfair, you can get killed immediately when it spawns upon you. I think the intention of the redzone should be to force the players to move and only kill them only if they stay at the zone intentionally. You can be number 1 player and still get killed not because of a mistake or good play of an enemy, but just by bad luck. Such randomness shouldnt be in a competetive game. 

• Like 1

Perhaps an air-raid warning (15 or 30 seconds?) the current zone you are in will be the Red Zone next, and provide a red circle outline to indicate the zone. That should give most people time to get to cover or perhaps get out of the zone before the artillery starts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Unknovvn said:

Perhaps an air-raid warning (15 or 30 seconds?) the current zone you are in will be the Red Zone next, and provide a red circle outline to indicate the zone. That should give most people time to get to cover or perhaps get out of the zone before the artillery starts.

I like this a lot.

I think a warning to get out of the zone together with a lot more bombing (to cover 75-85% of the area in the circle) would be great.

• Like 1

The randomness of the red zone is perfect. If you stay in it you run the risk of dying. If it spawn on you, wait it out inside a building or try your luck and run through it. 

i believe you cant be killed while in a building during a bombing run. can we either take dmg or have random building being destroyed

@Subject_with_gun : I think the idea is to force people leave the map instead of staying inside a home.
Doing that, when you are in the red circle you need to expose yourself ... this will bring lot of camper to their knees.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Noodle said:

@Subject_with_gun : I think the idea is to force people leave the map instead of staying inside a home.
Doing that, when you are in the red circle you need to expose yourself ... this will bring lot of camper to their knees.

What if I just killed three guys in an open field with one tower or a cabin, red zone is flashing, I need to hide in that cabin to survive, but no, the red zone has killed me. Wow, this is so interesting, already makes me want to go next and die again to some random bombing. Not everyone is camping, what if the only weapon I got was a Kar, you suggest me to run arround with a sniper? jumping,backflipping? I don't mind camping. But I do mind being killed just randomly.

Edited by Subject_with_Gun
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subject_with_Gun said:

What if I just killed three guys in an open field with one tower or a cabin, red zone is flashing, I need to hide in that cabin to survive, but no, the red zone has killed me. Wow, this is so interesting, already makes me want to go next and die again to some random bombing. Not everyone is camping, what if the only weapon I got was a Kar, you suggest me to run arround with a sniper? jumping,backflipping? I don't mind camping. But I do mind being killed just randomly.

I already run through a bombing zone and didnt get hit, it's not an instant kill thing. If they are that useless, why implementing them the first time ?

And for the camping thing, for me it's not the camping the problem ... it's camping + thrid person camera abuse, when you can peek your cover without taking any risk at all.

And talking about "killed just randomly", being killed by a guy waiting like 20 yers behind a tree that you cannot see but i can (third person camera again), and shoot you in the back at the second you go for another cover ... it feels the same for me.

So again, this is only because you didn't win and got killed, right? I find the problem of barels sticking from the walls and doors a much bigger disadvantage, because you can see this in first and 3rd person. The red zone need some tweaking, but not for the sake of killing everything in an area, so you can run freely, cuz you know " ahh, all campers are dead". All this minor tweaking must take place after the big one's 

3 hours ago, boltar said:

i believe you cant be killed while in a building during a bombing run. can we either take dmg or have random building being destroyed

Realism does not equal fun.

Imagin you are in a fire fight and the red zone pops up. You cant run cuz you will get shoot, you cant stay in cover cuz your house/cover might get randomly destroyed.

Not a good UX IMO. 

1 hour ago, blackdude0 said:

Realism does not equal fun.

Imagin you are in a fire fight and the red zone pops up. You cant run cuz you will get shoot, you cant stay in cover cuz your house/cover might get randomly destroyed.

Not a good UX IMO.

So, just remove the red zone then ...

I dont think bombing zone = realism or not. A bombing zone is design to force people out or for them to take a chance they may die or take dmg. My post is i believe they forgot to add dmg while you are inside buildings. 

If you dont enjoy the being force out of your camping spot then say that.

Edited by boltar

You think a house is the only place to camp? I can easily camp in the bush, inbetween the rocks, near the tree,in a boat , almost anywhere. The red zone is pushing players to search for cover. And this is the time for a gunfight.

can you even be killed in bombing zones? have 50 hours on PUBG and never left a redzone, just ignored it. It was loud but i didnt take damage a single time out of hundred zones.
All my friends who are playing the game never experienced death by the zone too.

The bombing zone as it is now is almost certainly a place holder. In other br games it does hit buildings and destroy them. Otherwise there's just no danger. 

It will get scarier when the game is more polished. 

19 hours ago, azza_001 said:

The bombing zone as it is now is almost certainly a place holder. In other br games it does hit buildings and destroy them. Otherwise there's just no danger. 

It will get scarier when the game is more polished. 

Well a dev stated on stream, that you should get into "proper cover" (what ever that might be) if you are inside the red zone and dont want to be blowen up.

2 hours ago, blackdude0 said:

Well a dev stated on stream, that you should get into "proper cover" (what ever that might be) if you are inside the red zone and dont want to be blowen up.

That can easily mean it can help you out or tank a hit for you. It may not mean you're 100% safe. If a Bomb hits a house it should wreck it. 

1 hour ago, azza_001 said:

That can easily mean it can help you out or tank a hit for you. It may not mean you're 100% safe. If a Bomb hits a house it should wreck it. 

I guess we can keep speculating, but we are probably better off waiting to see what the devs decide on.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 3:16 AM, Sedrani said:

can you even be killed in bombing zones? have 50 hours on PUBG and never left a redzone, just ignored it.

I have been killed so many times by the red zone, even 4-5 times this previous weekend and even when driving a god damn car trying to escape it! :o 

The red zone RNG is going to be one of the most frustrating things to loose rating over, when the leaderboards actually work.

16 minutes ago, Aintreal said:

I have been killed so many times by the red zone, even 4-5 times this previous weekend and even when driving a god damn car trying to escape it! :o 

The red zone RNG is going to be one of the most frustrating things to loose rating over, when the leaderboards actually work.

Ironically I literally ignore it every time now, I've never once been killed and stopped fearing it, I use it for a stealth mechanic to sneak up on people  : D

4 minutes ago, Kainan said:

Ironically I literally ignore it every time now, I've never once been killed and stopped fearing it, I use it for a stealth mechanic to sneak up on people  : D

haha. your luck could end anytime now then. :D

But seriously, all the red zone does is encouraging people to stay indoors even more. Maybe if they changed it so that you take damage inside buildings too, it would be a cool feature. But for now, players with my kind of luck are either going to STAY inside if the red zone occurs on top of them, or if they're out in the field, they RUN to cover inside buildings, instead of trying to get out of the bombing zone.

Realistically this should work the exact opposite. If we get killed by bombs while inside buildings (which we should), i would run for my life every time i was in the red zone! :P

Hey guys, its great to have discussion around the red zone its current power etc but lets try and stay on topic with the original posters feedback and question.

The developers have stated they'd like to implement lots more destruction and will be doing so, but with such a large map and large amount of players it is difficult to introduce more destruction without compromises performance. I'm sure we'll be seeing more destruction added gradually, not sure on the specifics.

In regards to houses being blown up by the red zone, I'm personally not a fan of it because then there wouldn't really be any way of escaping the red zone and my understanding is that its a mechanic which forces you to flee and find cover.

Something that forces you to stop what you're doing if you're in the open, alter your gameplay and move to a new area or find strong cover.

Although,  I would definitely like to see smaller structures like sheds and shacks be ripped apart by the red zones. I think this would be a good compromise too.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1