I've played this game for over 100 hours. I've tried everything I could find online. The voice chat will not work no matter what I do.

I cannot hear anyone, and I haven't confirmed that anyone can hear me ether. It's getting really annoying when my team is *probably* yelling "THERE"S A GUY RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!!!" and I can't hear them. I die constantly in team matches, primarily because I don't notice my team surrounding a building and I go rush in like a guy without a brain. I now have to stay behind everyone and follow them because I can't lead without hearing anyone.

Enough ranting, here's most things I've done: I've uninstalled the game, checked files, moved the game to all my hard drives, checked my firewall (even tho I still cannot find out what ports are used for in-game voice chat from this game). I've uninstalled every piece of software that makes or controls sound. I've tried swapping parts in my PC (I'm building a PC for a friend, so I have a lot of parts around). I've uninstalled steam. Reinstalled everything. Hit "CTRL + T". Checked all my sound settings in-game. NOTHING IS WORKING!

Here's my specs (the important ones):

Ryzen 1700X

16GB DDR4 RAM

GTX 1070 8GB

A ungodly amount of hard drives for work

Headset: HyperX

CS:GO voice chat works fine. Same with Skype and most other games. 

Voice chat worked only ONE time. One random game I could hear my team. After that game, nothing. I don't know why this is a problem. I live in America, in California. I don't see a reason why this isn't working for me. My roommate has his game working fine. 

Any advice? Sorry for the rant. Both PUBG tech support and Vivox haven't been able to help.

• Like 1

Might be something with Java network permissions, but I don't know how to change it to allow on private networks, as I only allowed it on public and work networks when I first installed PUBG.

Edited by hydridecarbide

Hello,

My voice chat is not working. I tested my earphones and mic with windows and steam, both worked. Steam gave my voice back when testing, but in PUBG I cannot hear nor talk to other players.

unfairbro: Unfortunately, no, this did not work. I actually just played a game where both my voice chat worked and I could hear others. But like the last one, after that one game it stopped working. I know now that MY voice chat doesn't work as well, so no one can hear me and I can't hear them. While I want to talk, it's more of a issue with me not hearing anyone. I don't talk much to begin with. Thank you tho!

hydridecarbide: Actually, the network I use is considered public. Any advice on how to fix whatever that Java problem you said I might have?

Hey everyone, I have problems connecting to voice chat services which uses Vivox. Most the time it does not work but rarely it works. I don't understand why. Tried a bit with VPN and it worked. The conclusion might be that VOIP is blocked here, however other voip services work just fine, so does more mainstream apps like Skype, Discord, Facebook Messenger, etc. Any help would be appreciated 

Oh yes the ports are open.

I am from Bangladesh and Vivox games do not work for some odd reason, all other VOIP services work just fine. Tried with VPN and it worked.

What country do you live in? Some countries are currently blocked for VIVOX and for now, until they fix it, a VPN is the only solution. 

4158AE0A-2AAE-4D9E-B104-17C9864E2EA9.jpeg

Bangladesh, we do not have blocked VOIP. Not to mention it is kinda ridiculous that it does not work as all other voice chat services, more mainstream and not works fine. 

I totally agree with you. Do any of your Bangladesh friends have working VOIP without VPN? This is probably yet another VIVOX problem where they aren’t supporting chat for your country, whereas other popular and more international voice services like Discord, Skype, etc do work in Bangladesh. If no other Bangladesh friends have it working, I’d bet it’s a VIVOX problem, and you’ll have to get around it with a VPN, which can be expensive unfortunately. 

Let me just state that throughout VIVOX’s history there has been a huge amount of problems with ALL of the games that use it, and future developers should, and hopefully will, steer clear from VIVOX. 

I tried with my phone internet and still has the same problem, with VPN it connected at the expense of terrible ping. Clearly the issue is on their side and neither the developers or Vivox want to take the responsibility for this issue. Terrible **** middleware.

I've played this game for over 100 hours. I've tried everything I could find online. The voice chat will not work no matter what I do.

I cannot hear anyone, and I haven't confirmed that anyone can hear me ether. It's getting really annoying when my team is *probably* yelling "THERE"S A GUY RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!!!" and I can't hear them. I die constantly in team matches, primarily because I don't notice my team surrounding a building and I go rush in like a guy without a brain. I now have to stay behind everyone and follow them because I can't lead without hearing anyone.

Enough ranting, here's most things I've done: I've uninstalled the game, checked files, moved the game to all my hard drives, checked my firewall (even tho I still cannot find out what ports are used for in-game voice chat from this game). I've uninstalled every piece of software that makes or controls sound. I've tried swapping parts in my PC (I'm building a PC for a friend, so I have a lot of parts around). I've uninstalled steam. Reinstalled everything. Hit "CTRL + T". Checked all my sound settings in-game. NOTHING IS WORKING!

Here's my specs (the important ones):

Ryzen 1700X

16GB DDR4 RAM

GTX 1070 8GB

A ungodly amount of hard drives for work

Headset: HyperX

CS:GO voice chat works fine. Same with Skype and most other games. 

Voice chat worked only ONE time. One random game I could hear my team. After that game, nothing. I don't know why this is a problem. I live in America, in California. I don't see a reason why this isn't working for me. My roommate has his game working fine. 

Any advice? Sorry for the rant. Both PUBG tech support and Vivox haven't been able to help.

I have the same issue. Everything else works but this. It worked once but not now. I have done some tests. I notice that vivox is not even in my registry. Also No vivox Dlls are running while the game is running. I have gone all the way to purchasing a new drive and installing windows from scratch and yet the same thing. I have a friend that has the same Motherboard cpu and video card. All the same drivers as well. I have reinstalled the game from scratch set all the settings to default etc etc. 

Driving me NUTZ!! 

This is like a cruel joke... all my friends can talk in game but I cant...... I am so close to uninstalling. 

10 hours ago, Cosmic Sheep said:

Thanks for the update.

Can you please take this issue with the developers or Vivox? Their services is a huge hit and miss at the moment.

9 hours ago, B0nzai said:

This is like a cruel joke... all my friends can talk in game but I cant...... I am so close to uninstalling. 

Can hear but not be able to talk or simply cannot join or hear others?

11 hours ago, B0nzai said:

This sounds like exactly what I was experiencing before port forwarding Ports 80, 81, and 443. If you need more information about this, go to page 1 of this thread and read my Fix. Try this and let me know if it works. 

I cant hear anyone talk, I know my team mates have tried to talk to me, but i cant hear them. My friend can also hear people speak and I cant while standing next to him. I have always had this problem ever since I downloaded the game. I tried going to game user settings, ctrl T, and verified game files nothing worked. I anyone knows a fix for me help would be greatly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Foogabob said:

I cant hear anyone talk, I know my team mates have tried to talk to me, but i cant hear them. My friend can also hear people speak and I cant while standing next to him. I have always had this problem ever since I downloaded the game. I tried going to game user settings, ctrl T, and verified game files nothing worked. I anyone knows a fix for me help would be greatly appreciated.

Heya Foogabob,

Have you toggled on the correct voice channel? The default hotkey for that is CTRL+Y, which you can switch between all chat, team chat and no chat.

If that doesn't help, maybe check that the correct recording and playback devices are set on your computer. Sometimes disabling and re-enabling the devices will help. 

Also, check if your sound device drivers are up to date.

Can your friends hear you speak as well or is the issue only pertaining to hearing others? 

Is it possible to reinstall the game?