Ever since the beginning of owning this game, which has been since early July 2017, I have never heard a single voice in a lobby, or been able to speak in the game either. Here is a list of my specs for my PC before I talk about the problem in depth.

Intel Core i7-6900K CPU 3.20GHz

128 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

SOUND Blaster Z Audio Card

Windows 10 64-bit

I also want to list the steps I've already taken to attempt to resolve this issue.

Made sure my Voice Input device in Windows was set correctly.

Made sure my Speakers were set to default.

Turned Chat to "ALL" or "TEAM"

Pressed ctrl-T

Changed "push to talk" key binding (and then back to default)

Uninstalled the game and reinstalled

Uninstalled Steam and reinstalled

Verified game files in Steam more than 10 times (no errors)

Tried without my Audio Card

Tried on another PC with no Audio Card (still doesn't work)

Attempted a VPN (couldn't connect)

Tried 3 other USB microphones

Tried 2 quarter-inch microphones, each, plugged in to the on-board mic input, or the Sound Blaster mic input

Went to %APPDATA%/LOCAL/TsIGame/Saved/WindowsNoEditor/ and opened GameUserSettings (within that I made sure that "bIsVoiceInputMute" "bIsVoiceOutputMute" were set to "False" and that "bUsePushToTalk" and "bUseGlobalVoice" were set to "True"

Attempted to run Steam in Administrator mode

Attempted to run TSiGame.exe in Admin (doesn't connect to server)

I think it's important to note that this game is the ONLY game I have that doesn't seem to work for voice chatting. Other games in STEAM like CS:GO, Garry's Mod, Rocket League, Arma 3, and 7 Days to Die work perfectly. 

Non-steam games like, Battlefield 1, Battlefront, and Overwatch work perfectly.

My microphone(s) also work in Skype and Discord.

I have attempted to use a phone hotspot connection, thinking that maybe my firewall is blocking ports that allow me to voice chat. I would then, need to know what ports to open for this, and that hasn't been officially  released. However, same story with a VPN, it didn't allow me to connect to the server to even attempt to test this. However, I was able to connect to a lobby, but saw no icon for VOIP working, and my friends also did not hear me in their lobby, so I am assuming this was unsuccessful as well.

VOICE CHAT IS IMPORTANT. Many players use VOIP for tactical advantage, talking to friends, or just having fun listening to the shenanigans people do while dying, or in the lobby. It adds so much character to this game and makes it more fun and addicting. 

There are MANY other players who experience this problem as well, and PUBG Official Twitter posted a PSA about non-functional Voice Chat, and how it would be fixed soon. This was MONTHS ago. By the increasing number of threads related to this problem, it only seems to be getting worse. 

Are the developers still aware that this problem persists, and is there a fix for this issue already out, or in the works.

I would love some input on this situation. 

Thanks for all your hard work.

Try;
Uninstall PUBG > Close STEAM > Delete PUBG Folder > Make sure Windows and Drivers is all up to date completely > Restart computer > Run STEAM as Administrator > Install PUBG > Run PUBG from STEAM Library

You can also look through;

For some reason I can talk to others players, I've confirmed this by asking a squad member to jump and they do, but I can not hear their voices, I know th...

Hi Players, Please take a moment to read through this post and attempt all troubleshooting method so we can attempt to help solve your issues with the...

Please only use this thread to discuss current bugs and known issues from the lists below.For any new bugs, please create a thread following the bug repor...

I have played plus 100 hours on Pubg now and i have never gotten the voice chat to work, through my headset, but i can hear the voice chat through my speakers in my moniter. Ive tried literally everything. 2 of my friends have the same problem. I think it might be the voice chat ports that Pubg use, but i dont know, as with everything other game i can hear voice chat and i can talk. I've spent hours trying to fix this but voice chat still doesn't work. PLEASE FIX THIS.

After doing your suggestions in the order you recommended, there has been no luck with fixing this issue. I have read those forum posts as well to see if there were any different suggestions that I haven't tried. Unfortunately I have done everything that has been mentioned. 

Edited by Proxy404

@befatal

Just out of curiosity, did voice chat work before and if so, for about how long did it work. Also, are you using a different sound card for audio besides just onboard sound?

I hope they do fix this. As stated before, the problem is occurring with a big percentage of players, and these troubleshooting attempts are not working. It HAS to be something on their side. 

Yeah it worked absolutely fine before. 

The problem occurred literally when I installed Voice Meeter Banana and their Virtual Cable Audio Drivers.

Edited by befatal

I've seen another post about Voice Meeter Banana as well. So there must be an issue with that too. I'd recommend creating a separate post about this. Post your specs and just mention what you've mentioned here. The only thing we can do to fix this is make sure they are aware of the problem. They seem oblivious. 

I cannot hear nor can anyone hear me in-game.

- Verified Game files.

- Yes I know about CTRL-T, CTRL-Y yada yada. My problems is something else.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chazik said:

I cannot hear nor can anyone hear me in-game.

- Verified Game files.

- Yes I know about CTRL-T, CTRL-Y yada yada. My problems is something else.

Any ideas?

Does this apply to you?

On 22.9.2017 at 7:53 AM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

We use third-party voice communication software which runs on separate servers from the game servers.

The service is called Vivox and Internet service providers of several countries block Vivox services due to VoIP restriction laws. Countries included but are not limited to, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Algeria.

Are you in one of these countries or a close region? 

16 hours ago, Stafftiner said:

Does this apply to you?

I live in USA.

Windstream (Sh**stream) is my ISP.

Have you made sure via Windows system that your headset/mic is set as default?

Have you made sure in your ingame settings that you do not have it on muted? Do you hold T to speak?

Edited by Tengauge12

Alright Everyone!

Tonight, I FINALLY FIXED IT! After noticing that the VOIP service was VIVOX I instantly knew the problem. I have been having issues with VOIP in other VIVOX supported games as well, and I read around a bit. Turns out VIVOX has a hard time with some routers but the fix is generally easy.

Here is what I did, and if people need me to, I am willing to make a video tutorial to show you what I did step-by-step, however, you SHOULD be able to do it just by reading this post.

Generally the fix requires you to forward 3 Ports on your Router. This requires a few steps.

Step one: You need to make sure that your IP address is set to STATIC. Here is the guide I used to set that up. (This is for Windows 10, however there are other guides for older OS on this site too) https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

Step two: Once your IP address is set as a STATIC IP address, you will want to go to your routers homepage, which is your default gateway address. If you don't know what this is, continue reading this step. This is generally pretty simple, however, it can look daunting and seem difficult. Type in your WINDOWS 10 search bar, and RUN the Command Prompt. (cmd.exe) then in the cmd prompt type "ipconfig/all" (no quotes) this will bring up a list of different descriptions from you network. You will want to look for "Default Gateway" and it should give you a series of numbers that look like this 152.643.30.1 (it wont be the same, but it will look like this) Copy this number into your search engine address bar. This will load up your Routers home page and settings page. It will probably ask you to sign in. If you haven't created credentials for this yet, find your router on this page https://portforward.com/router.htm find your router, and then scroll down and it should tell you what the default username and password is. If you forgot, or don't know what it is, ask someone who might or it might be time to consider a reset. A reset like this one is a big step and should not be taken lightly. A reset erases every single setting you have ever changed in the history of this router. If you scroll down on your Router page on portforward.com you will  see a link on how to RESET your certain router. Again, this step is not to be taken lightly.

Step three: After setting up the Static IP, you should now have that and the correct DNS server settings. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, follow the static IP guide from above, there is a step to figure that out. 

THE PORTS THAT WE WILL NEED TO OPEN ARE

80, 81, 443

If you don't know how to open ports follow this link and select your router https://portforward.com/router.htm for instance, I eventually get to here https://portforward.com/asus/tm-ac1900/ and it walks me through how to do this. 

After opening these three ports I have voice chat in not only Playerunknown's, but in other VIVOX games too.

Let me know if this works for you. If you need help don't be afraid to ask someone around you on how to do this, or use google for answers. I find the portforward.com website has a lot of easy to follow information on this subject. I know it can be very daunting and confusing with setting up networks and port forwarding and stuff, but unfortunately this is what we have to do to fix this problem.

Hope it works for you all.

• Thanks 1

Hello!

Tonight, I FINALLY FIXED IT! After noticing that the VOIP service was VIVOX I instantly knew the problem. I have been having issues with VOIP in other VIVOX supported games as well, and I read around a bit. Turns out VIVOX has a hard time with some routers but the fix is generally easy.

Here is what I did, and if people need me to, I am willing to make a video tutorial to show you what I did step-by-step, however, you SHOULD be able to do it just by reading this post.

Generally the fix requires you to forward 3 Ports on your Router. This requires a few steps.

Step one: You need to make sure that your IP address is set to STATIC. Here is the guide I used to set that up. (This is for Windows 10, however there are other guides for older OS on this site too) https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

Step two: Once your IP address is set as a STATIC IP address, you will want to go to your routers homepage, which is your default gateway address. If you don't know what this is, continue reading this step. This is generally pretty simple, however, it can look daunting and seem difficult. Type in your WINDOWS 10 search bar, and RUN the Command Prompt. (cmd.exe) then in the cmd prompt type "ipconfig/all" (no quotes) this will bring up a list of different descriptions from you network. You will want to look for "Default Gateway" and it should give you a series of numbers that look like this 152.643.30.1 (it wont be the same, but it will look like this) Copy this number into your search engine address bar. This will load up your Routers home page and settings page. It will probably ask you to sign in. If you haven't created credentials for this yet, find your router on this page https://portforward.com/router.htm find your router, and then scroll down and it should tell you what the default username and password is. If you forgot, or don't know what it is, ask someone who might or it might be time to consider a reset. A reset like this one is a big step and should not be taken lightly. A reset erases every single setting you have ever changed in the history of this router. If you scroll down on your Router page on portforward.com you will  see a link on how to RESET your certain router. Again, this step is not to be taken lightly.

Step three: After setting up the Static IP, you should now have that and the correct DNS server settings. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, follow the static IP guide from above, there is a step to figure that out. 

80, 81, 443

If you don't know how to open ports follow this link and select your router https://portforward.com/router.htm for instance, I eventually get to here https://portforward.com/asus/tm-ac1900/ and it walks me through how to do this. 

After opening these three ports I have voice chat in not only Playerunknown's, but in other VIVOX games too.

Let me know if this works for you. If you need help don't be afraid to ask someone around you on how to do this, or use google for answers. I find the portforward.com website has a lot of easy to follow information on this subject. I know it can be very daunting and confusing with setting up networks and port forwarding and stuff, but unfortunately this is what we have to do to fix this problem.

Alright Everyone!

80, 81, 443

I didn’t try it with dynamic IP. You can try it out. I think the most important thing is opening those ports. However in my experience, it’s less successful opening ports with a dynamic IP.

On 5.10.2017 at 9:39 AM, Tengauge12 said:

Have you made sure via Windows system that your headset/mic is set as default?

Have you made sure in your ingame settings that you do not have it on muted? Do you hold T to speak?

Are you saying having the "push to talk" in T is the problem? lol.

I don't think this problem has anything to do with router bacause I've used 3 different ways, wirelress, wired router and wirless mobiledata same sht. First of all this problem occurred to everyone month ago from the update. Did they start using VIVOX month ago, if so stop using it!

I believe VIVOX updated their service at the same time this started happening. 

Another thing to try, skip your router and try plugging in straight to the modem. 

I do get your confusion about it not working on your mobile data too. That’s strange. Give it a shot, can’t hurt to try!

A couple other things to think about,

if you have a separate computer that can run PUBG try it on that if it doesn’t work on there, it is most likely an internet issue. 

If you don’t have another PC, or even just to test, take your computer to a friends house who has PUBG voice chat working, plug in your computer and try it out. If it doesn’t work at his/her house, then you might be looking at a hardware issue within your PC. 

This is such a frustrating problem that shouldn’t exist in the first place. It’s important to test all you can and keep track of everything you’ve tried. 

Good luck, come back if you need help. 

10 hours ago, jere said:

Are you saying having the "push to talk" in T is the problem? lol.

No I was not. Some people are unaware to hold t whilst talking unless set otherwise