sweetmau5

Can't hear teammates or talk in game

So I have tried resetting all my settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the game but still nothing. Whenever I join any game literally every single time I can hear everyone and can talk in the pre game lobby but SOON as I load into the plane everything goes silent. When I hold my push to talk my mic doesn't even light up. This is extremely frustrating since I hate playing solo but love squads, and what is squads when you can't talk or hear ANYTHING EVER. Why is it that I can talk to people and see my mic light up as well as hear them talk when the game is counting down but soon as I play and actually need to talk I can't. I've messed with all the voice chat settings an extreme amount in game and out of game, switching to chat always on team only etc...tried all the combinations and nothing works. please fix this or I'm just going to stop playing. Cannot play a team game when you can't chat. This game has been progressively going downhill. This bug on top of the fact that the game ALWAYS throws me in Asian servers when I'm NA and I have to remember to reselect the correct server every time makes me want to call this game quits.

I'm 99% positive its not my rig as I did not have this problem until directly after the update. I have 500+ hours into the game prior to the update and have been able to play fine and talk fine. Not a single thing has changed besides the game update. Same headset, mouse, keyboard, etc...which makes me 99% positive that was the update. The fact I can talk and hear people in pregame lobby and not during the game itself screams game issues. Will include specs in a moment

Edited by sweetmau5

Specs

Windows 10

i7-6700

16mb ram

GeForce gtx 1060

headset i'm using is corsair void...

...like I said pretty positive its an issue with the game. My comp can run this game very easily. If I sit in discord and join a game I can still talk in discord but not the game...this update ruined the game for me. To bad I can't get my money back. Sent in tickets to pubg or whatever that 3rd party is that does their support tickets...absolutely no help, my dog had better advice.

I appreciate your frustration, the notion that your issue should take priority when there are many issues to deal with is asking a bit much. I know how frustrating this can be. Are you running the game off of a solid state hard drive? I'm assuming windows 10 is automatically downloading new audio drivers for you? Have you tried rolling back those drivers? Another thought, since there are a bunch of new key binds, the unchangable "r" to cook grenades among them, are you having any conflicts with the push to talk button or the mute voice chat button. Are you positive that you can be heard in lobby, did you get confirmation from a friend? We will figure this out! Or, put in your ticket, we will keep this post active for a bit, and use discord until its fixed.

Sorry I am being a bit salty, it is very frustrating but I wasn't insinuating that my issue should take priority over anyone else's however I was insinuating that I paid money for this game and I expect it to work somewhat properly. I also expect that if you are going to release an update it should not be one that makes the game worse since the entire reason for updates is for progress. Its simple things like having to remember to select NA server every single time you want to play since the game automatically throws me in the AS server for no apparent reason. My drives are updating automatically however I also tried resetting them. Yes I am running on a solid state. I checked out the new key bindings and all my binding are default, nothing else use's T. I have gotten confirmation from several random squads I've been paired with that they can hear me. 

Same Problem here....

I can hear my teammates for few seconds and can talk with them, but ~14 seconds bevore the match is starting the voice chat does no longer work. Also the speaker is not shown when I use pushtotalk keybinding. I re-installed the game, changes my headset reinstalled the audio driver (Realtek). My teammake also told me in the lobby that my voice is stuttering and they can not hear me clear.

I searched in the .ini where the problem could be. But I can not find a solution.

This is extremely frustrating, I have tried getting support through a ticket with enMasse or whatever it is and their response is literally that they can do nothing and to post on here...so much help. After doing much searching online I have seen that there are several other people with the same problem. Pretty awesome game

Yeah, that sucks. At least you've done your homework. That's a lot more than most people on this forum. The moderator has posted a specific template for bug reporting on these forums. I'll link it below. Regardless of the frustration, try to bear in mind that the game is still a work in progress with a small development team. We've payed a measly $30 to play indefinitely, but we've also agreed to play it in an unfinished form. Clearly we both love this game, you've racked up some 500+ hours. Stay patient, it will get better!