Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xBCxUnbroknx

Why can't i Hear others but i can talk

For some reason I can talk to others players, I've confirmed this by asking a squad member to jump and they do, but I can not hear their voices, I know they are talking because I asked the same kind of question and the jumped (for yes I can talk).  The problem is NOT press t to talk or have my mike set to squad only or everyone.  I would appreciate some help with this.

Any suggestions?

Have you checked to see if your muted in settings? You can also try; CTRL+Y to ensure you're in the right channel. If all else fails, check;

We use third-party voice communication software which runs on separate servers from the game servers.

The service is called Vivox and Internet service providers of several countries block Vivox services due to VoIP restriction laws. Countries included but are not limited to, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Algeria.

Are you in one of these countries or a close region? 

On 22.9.2017 at 8:53 AM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

We use third-party voice communication software which runs on separate servers from the game servers.

The service is called Vivox and Internet service providers of several countries block Vivox services due to VoIP restriction laws. Countries included but are not limited to, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Algeria.

Im having same issue, I can talk others can hear but they don't hear me, and all this happened from the update month ago... others work fine discord, ts3 etc. I live in Finland so I dont know does that have to do with anything, I don't think so. I haven't installed/deleted any new programs or games or anything or sound cards either so the fault is certaintly in the game because it started month ago from that update..

On 9/22/2017 at 11:53 AM, PUBG_Hawkinz said:

Why is everyone so quick to copy/paste this same stupid assumption. If VOIP is indeed blocked, why on earth will Skype, Discord, Facebook Messenger, etc work? Why something as niche as a voip service for gaming of all thing will be blocked? I live in Bangladesh and I can use all manner of VOIP service in and outside of games, except Vivox of course.  Think about it before you answer. 

I tried contacting Vivox directly and let's see what they have to say if they even have the decency to reply.

PUBG works only with devices connected to windows default sound output / communication devices.

If you split your sound and communication devices, make sure the sound output for coummunication device (game) is not disabled in windows.

In game you can cycle with STRG+Y between " none , all , team only ", make sure to have it at least enabled for team only.

In game settings > audio, make sure speech input and output is set to 100 (not 0).

If everything above doesn't help, your only chance is to use external voice services such as teamspeak or discord.

Hi,

I have the same problem. While I have initial some voice chat problems when the game came out, after the first month everything worked fine. Until about 2 months ago when a patch came out and I couldn't hear the invoice chat anymore. I can still talk, people hear me, but I just cannot hear them. It doesn't matter, if I got my voice chat on "all" or just my "team". I get the normal game sound just not the voice chat sound. My voice chat in CS:GO, Discord, Steam, TS3 works all fine. I veryfied game file integrity, unistalled PUBG, tried different headphones or speakers, tried different voice chat output (got it on 100 now), tried playing on different servers: nothings seems to fix it.

My system and audio:

System1.jpg

Sound1.jpg