Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trent

Xbox One & PS4

This game looks amazing, I've been watching tons of YouTube videos on It. None have been on Xbox. Is this game is going to become a Xbox game? And if so is there a estimated time frame.

Thanks Trent

When they are happy with the PC release, it will come for consoles. This is all I know for sure.

The full release of BATTLEGROUNDS is planned for the first half of 2017 so not that long : ) 

52 minutes ago, Rabid"T"Dog said:

Dont count on it.

Gonna be a long time before this game is a finished product.

I got my information from the community manager. Where did you get yours?

28 minutes ago, Tykjen said:

I got my information from the community manager. Where did you get yours?

My brain,you think this is close to being  a finished product.Unless they have another team working on xbox code the same time,its going to be a long time if ever.

And u have the new xbox set for release next year this time.

45 minutes ago, BG_FWG said:

The full release of BATTLEGROUNDS is planned for the first half of 2017 so not that long : ) 

Key word PLANNED.I noticed you didnt chime in on the xbox thing.

The PLANNED release in the first half of 2017 is for PC - the platform for which we are developing this game. Once we've done that, we'll look at our options re other platforms. The reason we say planned and don't just give you a date is because game development is a complex process and things can change, dates may be shifted around. 

And you did say 

Gonna be a long time before this game is a finished product.

You didn't say 

Gonna be a long time before this game is a finished product on Xbox One.

All I'm saying is, 7 months isn't that long. Of course, we don't necessarily have to agree on how long or not long 7 months are. 

14 minutes ago, Rabid"T"Dog said:

My brain,you think this is close to being  a finished product.Unless they have another team working on xbox code the same time,its going to be a long time if ever.

And u have the new xbox set for release next year this time.

Key word PLANNED.I noticed you didnt chime in on the xbox thing.

Glad I dont have to rely on brains. I rely on information. They wont have to do much "coding" to port it (The UE4 engine makes this easy ) to xbone and ps4. The consoles are basically above average PC's. 

@BG_FWG thanks for giving me some what of a time frame :D

2 hours ago, BG_FWG said:

I'll be looking forward to playing this on the Xbox 

8 hours ago, BG_FWG said:

The PLANNED release in the first half of 2017 is for PC - the platform for which we are developing this game. Once we've done that, we'll look at our options re other platforms. The reason we say planned and don't just give you a date is because game development is a complex process and things can change, dates may be shifted around. 

And you did say 

You didn't say 

All I'm saying is, 7 months isn't that long. Of course, we don't necessarily have to agree on how long or not long 7 months are. 

I know what planned means.

I plan on going across country this summer via bike,but $$ is saying only half the plan.

3 minutes ago, Rabid"T"Dog said:

I know what planned means.

I plan on going across country this summer via bike,but $$ is saying only half the plan.

So you have experience in biking. Awesome. How about game development? And seeing how much this alpha has progressed in such little time... I doubt youll ever make it across the country before the game is finished ^

1 minute ago, Tykjen said:

So you have experience in biking. Awesome. How about game development? And seeing how much this alpha has progressed in such little time... I doubt youll ever make it across the country before the game is finished ^

Motorcycle,and across country is 4 days.

And Ubisoft and Easy studios,now retired,working on a  title with friends  6 of us in a house,planned for release in 2018,using the U4 engine.

Been in the field since 2001.

Also notice how he said" we'll look at our options re other platforms" ....Not "yes it is in the works"

8 hours ago, Tykjen said:

Glad I dont have to rely on brains. I rely on information.

My new sig.

19 minutes ago, Rabid"T"Dog said:

Motorcycle,and across country is 4 days.

And Ubisoft and Easy studios,now retired,working on a  title with friends  6 of us in a house,planned for release in 2018,using the U4 engine.

Been in the field since 2001.

Also notice how he said" we'll look at our options re other platforms" ....Not "yes it is in the works"

My new sig.

You tell everything but show nothing. The plans are to port it to consoles once PC version is done, hence why I did respond to the first post.

But your first respond to the topic was "Dont count on it" Based on what? Your own experience with UE4? Thats cute.

10 hours ago, Rabid"T"Dog said:

Dont count on it.

My new sig.

1 minute ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Long stretch but do you foresee a VR version later down the road? 

There is an oculus rift folder within the Battlegrounds game folder :) When I asked about it, the community manager told me VR support will be implemented down the line. Cant wait for that day!

4 minutes ago, Caesar of Roma said:

OMG. That is going to be amazing. The realistics of it pared with VR. That is going to be an amazing day. 

Indeed :) And whenever VR hits, it would have to be VR only servers added.

How could I possibly say "yes it is in the works" if we're not currently working on an Xbox version? : ) Good luck with your indie game, by the way. Hope it turns out to be a great success and there are no delays to its planned release in 2018. 

On 11/27/2016 at 0:34 AM, Trent said:

Dose that mean there a low chance of it happening

No. On the contrary. Unreal 4 products are relatively easy to set up on the current ps4 and xbone. Look at the Unreal 4 engine game Paragon...it has crossplatform between PS4 and PC already.

Will Battleground ever come to console gamers? I personally play on PS4, and I'd love to play this game, since H1Z1: king of the kill seems to be abandoning/delaying their pursuit of console.

Really hope you guys manage to bring this to the console platform, the unreal engine runs well on xbox/ps4 so thats promising, I know there is already alot of interest in this game in the xbox community and we lack this type of gameplay so I think it will be a huge hit.

I'm reading that you guys are testing the game in the early game preview on xbox atm is there anyway we can join in to help test by pre ordering or any other means? Cheers.

35 minutes ago, Apocalyptic kiwi said:

I'm reading that you guys are testing the game in the early game preview on xbox atm is there anyway we can join in to help test by pre ordering or any other means? Cheers.

If that was an option it would be published, there is nothing published to date stating there is any public testing going on.