jingivitis

NVIDIA Sli causes glitch in the main menu

I have dual GTX 970 sli enabled. Whenever I have sli enabled, the game seem to run better which is good. BUT... when I'm in the main menu, it's all screwy. When I'm scrolling through my items in the inventory, some items stay where they are some lag and go to the middle. Some disappear until I put my mouse over it and it appears on screen. When ever I open and close any tabs in the main menu, it stutters and leaves almost like a shadow behind. This includes opening friends list and the play button options. Sometimes nothing is visible and it's black in the tabs (just the tabs when I open it). This all goes away if I disable sli. ALL of my drivers are up to date. I've tried pretty much everything out there for improving performance etc like the launch setting all that. I seem to be the first to talk about this. It's really odd.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I have a similar setup then you with 2x970. Unfortunatly, the Unreal Engine used by PUBG only support SLI on version 4.15+. PUBG use Unreal Engine 4.14 which does not support multi-GPU. I tried many workarounds but it just fails. The best way to play PUBG right now is by forcing Single GPU in the NVidia Control Panel (basically disabling SLI for this game). I found that the game runs smoother with much less glitchs.

Let's just hope the devs will upgrade the game engine eventually to get multi-gpu support.

Edited by Gorux

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, however no real sense in opening a new thread. Like OP I've been battling SLI issues since I've started playing PUBG(including the screwy UI, especially at character screen). Recent Nvidia drivers & game updates seem to at least made SLI systems show some performance benefit with fair GPU usage, however it's still a long way from good SLI support. Rant on; I just cannot see how the #1 selling game on steam(early access or not) which is even featured on Geforce website, lacks proper SLI support. As Gorux stated SLI support was added back in February of this year to the Unreal engine. While I honestly DO believe come official release of PUBG, SLI will have full support, I think voicing out will further remind the devs, there is a lot of SLI users out there that are frustrated with game devs in recent years that fail to add proper SLI support for their games. I've personally been running SLI systems since 2005, and SLI support for games on a general basis in the last few years has been very poor at times. It's 2018, Crossfire & SLI have been around a long long time now, it's about due time for game devs & Nvidia/AMD to start working just a little closer to make sure both sides of the spectrum are covered:D ;rant off. Anyway I've personally not found a fix for the black boxes at character screen, just learn to deal with it, or force Single-GPU(or disable SLI) like Gorux pointed out. Just sucks having invested so much money into graphics hardware, just to have it be a total wash in recent games. 

7 minutes ago, JoeyR said:

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, however no real sense in opening a new thread. Like OP I've been battling SLI issues since I've started playing PUBG(including the screwy UI, especially at character screen). Recent Nvidia drivers & game updates seem to at least made SLI systems show some performance benefit with fair GPU usage, however it's still a long way from good SLI support. Rant on; I just cannot see how the #1 selling game on steam(early access or not) which is even featured on Geforce website, lacks proper SLI support. As Gorux stated SLI support was added back in February of this year to the Unreal engine. While I honestly DO believe come official release of PUBG, SLI will have full support, I think voicing out will further remind the devs, there is a lot of SLI users out there that are frustrated with game devs in recent years that fail to add proper SLI support for their games. I've personally been running SLI systems since 2005, and SLI support for games on a general basis in the last few years has been very poor at times. It's 2018, Crossfire & SLI have been around a long long time now, it's about due time for game devs & Nvidia/AMD to start working just a little closer to make sure both sides of the spectrum are covered:D ;rant off. Anyway I've personally not found a fix for the black boxes at character screen, just learn to deal with it, or force Single-GPU(or disable SLI) like Gorux pointed out. Just sucks having invested so much money into graphics hardware, just to have it be a total wash in recent games. 

SLI is dying. The 960 and 1060 cards dont even have SLI capability. I will not be surprised if the next xx70 cards dont have support for it either. Really, at this point all its good for is making record breaking synthetic benchmark runs. 

We also know that no one should be SLI'ing 970's.... lol especially with PUBg which is sure to use more than 3.5gb VRAM. 

Oh boy here we go with the 3.5Gb VRAM 970 topic hahahaha. Just telling you from PERSONAL experience, as someone who owns 2x 970's, 2x 980 Ti's, and a single 980 in the spare computer. Some game engines have zero issues utilizing the full 4GB of VRAM on the 970, but realize even here in 2017, the only way to really push over 3GB VRAM usage is running maxed out settings @ 4k(sometimes 1440p), in which case the GPU is probably already suffering bad framerates. Most of the bad rap the GTX 970's got was from the "stuttering" in Shadow Of Mordor, which was fixed very shortly after via Driver Optimization. I've not seen the issue since on any other game. I ran my 2x 970's on my 1440p display for a while before upgrading to 2x 980 Ti's, and the ONLY REASON I upgraded is because some titles stressed the 970's enough to where I wasn't getting the desired framerate, not EVER due to VRAM limitations. The GTX 970 does have 4GB VRAM, but as most know the small 512mb partition is much slower(yet still much faster then system memory). Anandtech did a great article on the GTX 970's and it's limitations of the 3.5GB+512MB VRAM. But what do they know, or someone who owns a few9_9. It was a bummer to see Nvidia cut SLI support for entry level gaming cards, but was financially probably a better move for the company with the way the current GPU market is. With the amount of false info spread about SLI, and how many games have come out that use the same ol crappy UE4 which hadn't supported SLI for a while, yeah.......to some it might seem like SLI is dying. 

hey, 

i have dual 1070 and latest driver from nvidia the only thing that fixes it for me is fullscreen windowed 

same thing with fortnite it only works when i play fullscreen window 

tbh even if sli is dying they still need to support it for anyone who does have sli builds 

I find it ridiculous that a game which previously supported an SLI profile had it redacted. Given the profile of this game and the tie in with Nvidia it really is an oversight to not have good SLI support in-game. Can we get a view as to whether this is a realistic option for the future or if we have no hope of getting this support.