-Cometnine

Sound Issues: stuttering, lobbies, loss of, etc.

Bug Description:
Sound stuttering triggering low FPS when there are multiple sounds playing at once. Most noticeable;

• During initial lobby
  • When it rains
  • Bombing Runs
  • When firing a gun or being shot at (or near someone shooting)
  • Vehicles driving about

I am confident my FPS issues surround the sound issues. As soon as I die, the sound issues resolve themselves (even if the rain, bombing runs and shooting is the same) and my FPS increases from about 5 FPS to about 60+ FPS as the camera pans over my body. It's as if something changes when I die to stop the issue.

Date Seen:
06/04/2017 on latest patch

Troubleshooting Attempted:
Uninstalled/Reinstalled Audio drivers (restarting between each one)
Uninstalled headset drivers, using only Nvidia drivers for HDMI use. Still an issue (also updated these using same process)

Other Information:
Latest patch has improved this slightly. Audio doesn't lag as often (but still regularly occurs) and a 15% increase in FPS perhaps? However what this has done it would appear is allow for some more sounds to play before it lags again. So I guess the chance of it doing it has reduced but if the sounds peak rapidly then I still have the issue until the sounds stopped (well, they've all finished being rendered). This causes the same low 1-5 FPS.

Launch Options:
-d3d10

Was advised many others were introduced into the game by default so was not required.

System Specifications:

• Windows 7 Professional 64bit (SP1, updated)
  • Intel i7 965 Extreme @ 3.33GHz
  • 12GB RAM (Triple Channel)
  • Gigabyte GTX 1070
  • WesternDigital Harddrive with 300+ GB space free (differs to OS drive)
  • Corsair Vengeance 2100 USB Headset
  • 1920x1080 montior, via HDMI (Video and audio)

I've never experienced any issues before in other games using the same engine. Both via the graphics card and headset the audio glitches.

Also, I can use things like Teamspeak with no problems in the background and the sound of that is not affected. The sound issues appear contained within the game. I've played with and without Teamspeak running and no obvious difference to the issue.

Updating my reply-bugreport, with the last update (update 2) running:

Bug Description:
It happens when there are multiple sounds at the same time, suddenly the sound in general start to collapse, but now the FPS does not drop as much as before the update, and the sound stutter is not as hard as it used to be before. Anyway, it still happens.

Date Seen:
Since the first day I started the game, 30-31 March. Bug is less aggressive since April 6 (release of update 2) 

Reinstalled the game, installed all the latest drivers of the sound card, Graphics card… etc. Tried all the sounds options in the game, all the resolutions, windowed and full screened, all the Graphics options too.

In Windows, tried diferent quality options of the integrated sound card.

Nothing works. 

After Update, begins to work, but not definitely. At least it starts to be playable

Other Information:

Launch Options:
No one.

System Specifications:

ASUS F554LJ-XX770T Notebook 

Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Dual-Core (3M Cache, 1.7GHz)Windows 10 64 - pro
NVIDIA® GeForce® 920M 2GB

250GB SDD Samsung 850 EVO, 540MB/s, SATA III 

Soundcard - Realtek ALC233 @ Intel Broadwell PCH-LP - High Definition Audio Controller

Edited by NatxoBAS
grammar error, sorry for my english. :)

Bug Description:
When something is happening exactly 180 degrees behind me i cannot hear it at all (doesnt matter if its vehicle or somebody shooting 2 meters away).
Just to be clear sound is not low behind me, there is literally no sound at all.

Date Seen:
Since i bought the game on 23. March 2017

I tried using other headset and 5.1 speakers, same result.

Other Information:
/

Launch Options:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -malloc=system -sm4 -lowmemory

System Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI
CPU: Intel I7 2600k
Ram: 8GB

I have had this bug in one game but it was really annoying, what happens is that i had the sound of someone else who jumped out next to me. so i got so scared when he fired off his m249 and i was just sitting in a house as the sound for me was like if i was shooting it by myself. i have uploaded a video on youtube with the bug shown. hope i gets fixed.

anyone else have had this bug??

Video will be up in 2 hours from now on

Edited by Cpt_Zatza

Bug Description:
Sound stutter during explosions, rain, etc.

Date Seen:
Since I bought the game on 03/23. After the 04/04 patch it still persists.

Reinstalled all drivers and verified game's integrity cache.

Other Information:
I fucking hate this.

Launch Options:
None.

System Specifications:
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
CPU: Intel i3 4160
Ram: 16GB

Hi, I have a problem with directional sounds while inside a vehicle. On foot I have no problem at all, I hear shots from left to right or front to back. On a vehicle on the other hand. I am having trouble with directional sounds since I only hear shots on the left even though they are shooting from the right. Or another example is, I hear a vehicle on the left while im driving only to find out he's on my right..The problem is only when im inside a vehicle. doesn't matter who's driving.

Hi all

can someone test this

go to   command line ( admin)  - windows+x - common line admin and run - sfc/scannow  

i don't know helpful it or not, because i did it, and my game is working good now, but i don't know sfc/scannow   helped or not... please try it and  reply.

Edited by Energia

With the voice chat set to Team Only  and Push to Talk, not able to hear team mates in game, or able to speak in game, the mic icon does not show up either.

19 hours ago, Energia said:

Hi all

can someone test this

go to   command line ( admin)  - windows+x - common line admin and run - sfc/scannow  

i don't know helpful it or not, because i did it, and my game is working good now, but i don't know sfc/scannow   helped or not... please try it and  reply.

Tested, but made no difference for me. Thank you though.

4 hours ago, Vahdius said:

it is happening to me too

What's your specs? Devs need to know why your computer is different to those who have no issues. Saying it's happening to you helps no one.

• Like 1

I have a lot of problems with my voice chat not working in some duo lobbies. My mic will then not show up while talking. This forces me to cancel so many lobbies, that I'm not interested in duos anymore. It just happens from one lobby to another. Voip will work in one lobby and without restarting the game, it won't work in the next. But will then work again in the next without changing anything

Bug Description:
I can't hear any sound behind the character, like shots, airdrops coming, footsteps, but I can hear ambience sounds.

Date Seen:
Since first weekly update or since launch day.

Reinstalled all drivers and verified game's integrity cache.

Other Information:
Always getting kill from behind having no clue of what is happening :/

Launch Options:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES

System Specifications:
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Ram: 8GB 

For some reason the audio in game will sometimes stop working directionally. So say someone is in front of me shooting it will sound as if its coming from my left. Or if an airdrop flys overhead I will only ever hear it in my right ear, even as it passes overhead. I dont know what causes this to happen, and I dont know how to fix it. It spontaneously happens, and will randomly fix its self and directional audio will work again.

On 08/04/2017 at 6:11 AM, FistoPDX said:

Same exact problem.  Works for all my other friends.

Useless post!

Post your computer specs/setup so it can be worked out why it's not working well for you, but is your friends. That's the whole point of these posts.

Bug Description:
Directional sound issue while on vehicle. I have no problem with directional sound in the game except while I'm inside a vehicle. Every sound is on the same direction for some reason.

Date Seen:
After weekly update 1

No troubleshooting attempted

Other Information:
My squad doesn't seem to have the same problem as mine.

Launch Options:
Found out that no Launch Options is works better for me.

System Specifications:

i5 6600k

zotac Gtx 970

Windows 8.1

Wondering if there are plans to address sounds issues related to the direction for which you are being shot or gun fire is going off in general. At Mid-close range it is VERY hard to tell where gunfire is coming from. Long range shots are more clear (maybe less complex to render)? But at closer ranges - I have a very hard time telling where a shot is coming from. I know I've read some people with 5.1 and 7.1 headsets says it's easier to tell (obvious I guess) but for what I would say the majority of players are using, stereo headset, it is a big challenge to tell were fire is happening from.  

I have not seen if there are plans to address it and have not check on the topic in a while. I asking because of the small patch that was released this morning updating sound profiles for doors, lightening, ect...

Hello,

I experience a similar problem and I am also using the Astro A40 with mixamp through the optical cable.
I will use this topic to order a bug report instead of opening a new one. (also excuse my bad english pls :) )

---
Bug Description:

I should start with my sound and microphone setup to make thinks clear.

• I am using the newest version of Astro A40 with the mixamp.
  • My ingame sound is coming from an optical cable
  • My teamspeak sound is coming from USB (this will be interesting later)
  • My microphone is also through USB

I experienced this problem on my very first round in this game. My sound and microphone is fine in the menu but as I find a match and attempt to go through the loading screen my friends on teamspeak start to stutter and sound like a robot. Sometimes my sound and mic survives the loading screen and when I enter the lobby everything is fine again. But more often my microphone just stops working and and I am not able to hear my friend on teamspeak anymore. If it survived the first loading screen its basically guaranteed to crash as I enter the plane and I lose my TS sound and mic until I restart my PC. Even if I close the game its still broken.

As i said in my setup above, both my teamspeak sound and microphone are connected through USB. As I found out after quitting the game it looked like my USB microphone and USB sound input froze. Interestingly enough and to further support this theory. When I change my Teamspeak sound input from USB to optical the sound still works fine. I also haven't mentioned yet that my ingame sound is also working fine (optical as well).

Date Seen:
I bought the game 04.09.17 and I'm experiencing this bug since then.

Thinks I tested and tried:

• Start the game as a admin
  • change some steam startup settings
  • played the game in different compatibility modes like Windows 7 and 8
  • Changed the cpu priority (my CPU hits 100% in the loading screen and plane so I thought it may be a problem caused by interrupts)
  • of course reinstall and repair the game
  • If I play the ingame sound on USB it breaks as well
  • If I change my mic from USB to a "normal" mic input it works again therefore its only USB causing the problem
  • Changed the USB ports from 2.0 to 3.0 to power (some special usb ports my motherboard has)
  • I tried every ingame graphic option there is and turned off the ingame voice chat
  • and I hope I didn't forget something ...

Other Information:

• At first I thought the problem is on my end even though this is the first time in 5 years I am using my PC spec and experiencing this problem. I thought it may be a problem related to my CPU but then I saw this post about the same problem and I want to add my 2 cents.
  • My CPU heat is at around 70 - 75°C my GPU is around the same
  • My CPU hits close to 100% at the loading screen and in the plane, while playing the game it stays around 90 to 95%

Launch Options:
I saw a option like USEALLCORES it didn't work or changed something regarding the problem therefore I deleted it. (I don't remember the exact line I just copied it from a topic I saw regarding fps problems) -> I don't really have FPS problems my FPS is around 50 to 60 and sometimes drops to 30 or even 20 depending on where I am.

System Specifications:

Have fun with my DxDiag !

I really hope to find a solution. It really sucks to restart my pc everytime I played this game in order to get my mic and USB sound back to work again. I also can't communicate with my mates which sucks as well. I don't want to play the game like that even though I like the concept.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Sidies

7 hours ago, Sidies said:

Hello,

I experience a similar problem and I am also using the Astro A40 with mixamp through the optical cable.
I will use this topic to order a bug report instead of opening a new one. (also excuse my bad english pls :) )

---
Bug Description:

I should start with my sound and microphone setup to make thinks clear.

• I am using the newest version of Astro A40 with the mixamp.
  • My ingame sound is coming from an optical cable
  • My teamspeak sound is coming from USB (this will be interesting later)
  • My microphone is also through USB

I experienced this problem on my very first round in this game. My sound and microphone is fine in the menu but as I find a match and attempt to go through the loading screen my friends on teamspeak start to stutter and sound like a robot. Sometimes my sound and mic survives the loading screen and when I enter the lobby everything is fine again. But more often my microphone just stops working and and I am not able to hear my friend on teamspeak anymore. If it survived the first loading screen its basically guaranteed to crash as I enter the plane and I lose my TS sound and mic until I restart my PC. Even if I close the game its still broken.

As i said in my setup above, both my teamspeak sound and microphone are connected through USB. As I found out after quitting the game it looked like my USB microphone and USB sound input froze. Interestingly enough and to further support this theory. When I change my Teamspeak sound input from USB to optical the sound still works fine. I also haven't mentioned yet that my ingame sound is also working fine (optical as well).

Date Seen:
I bought the game 04.09.17 and I'm experiencing this bug since then.

Thinks I tested and tried:

• Start the game as a admin
  • change some steam startup settings
  • played the game in different compatibility modes like Windows 7 and 8
  • Changed the cpu priority (my CPU hits 100% in the loading screen and plane so I thought it may be a problem caused by interrupts)
  • of course reinstall and repair the game
  • If I play the ingame sound on USB it breaks as well
  • If I change my mic from USB to a "normal" mic input it works again therefore its only USB causing the problem
  • Changed the USB ports from 2.0 to 3.0 to power (some special usb ports my motherboard has)
  • I tried every ingame graphic option there is and turned off the ingame voice chat
  • and I hope I didn't forget something ...

Other Information:

• At first I thought the problem is on my end even though this is the first time in 5 years I am using my PC spec and experiencing this problem. I thought it may be a problem related to my CPU but then I saw this post about the same problem and I want to add my 2 cents.
  • My CPU heat is at around 70 - 75°C my GPU is around the same
  • My CPU hits close to 100% at the loading screen and in the plane, while playing the game it stays around 90 to 95%

Launch Options:
I saw a option like USEALLCORES it didn't work or changed something regarding the problem therefore I deleted it. (I don't remember the exact line I just copied it from a topic I saw regarding fps problems) -> I don't really have FPS problems my FPS is around 50 to 60 and sometimes drops to 30 or even 20 depending on where I am.

System Specifications:

Have fun with my DxDiag !

I really hope to find a solution. It really sucks to restart my pc everytime I played this game in order to get my mic and USB sound back to work again. I also can't communicate with my mates which sucks as well. I don't want to play the game like that even though I like the concept.

DxDiag.txt

Hey Sidies, I know from my personal experience that the robotic sound means there is a weak internet connection for the Voice Over IP software. I've used every VOIP platform you can name and all act the same they either cut out or it goes to this robotic voice sound (not as cool as transformers though) with this issue...  So I would say that is where the problem lies. PUBG is a very taxing game in it's optimized state so it looks like to me that with your cpu close to 100% it crashes Team Speak. 

Bug Description:
Directional sound issue (audio occlusion severely amplified)

So far this has been detected in all houses so far, in a warehouse and on an open balcony of a building (the balcony had a ceiling).

Seems that audio occlusion (my best guess) is amplifying sounds outside buildings significantly. I believe it to be audio occlusion because the amplified audio doesn't come from the source direction (which makes me think it's probably sound bouncing off the walls).

Date Seen:

Since the 645mb patch about a day or two ago.

Validated install. Going to try switching to 7.1 mode on the headset.

System Specifications:

ye olde 1090t, 8gb ram, GTX1070, Windows 10.

Logitech g933 headset.

HI, 2 questions,

why are footstep making more noise than cars, and why crouching making more noise than running ?

Thx

@findthelogic

38 minutes ago, LEEZERJICK said:

HI, 2 questions,

why are footstep making more noise than cars, and why crouching making more noise than running ?

Thx

@findthelogic

They will most likely change that. Previously it was too quiet and they made it a bit louder but they went a bit too far. It should be adjusted in one of the upcoming patches (I believe :) )

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Hey Sidies, I know from my personal experience that the robotic sound means there is a weak internet connection for the Voice Over IP software. I've used every VOIP platform you can name and all act the same they either cut out or it goes to this robotic voice sound (not as cool as transformers though) with this issue...  So I would say that is where the problem lies. PUBG is a very taxing game in it's optimized state so it looks like to me that with your cpu close to 100% it crashes Team Speak. 

Hei, thanks for your suggestion!

I just tried to play the game without any Voip software like teamspeak open (haven't tested that before) and surprisingly enough the first few games I played were fine. I don't have the time right now to test it further but every match I played without teamspeak were without any of the issues I posted.

Do you have any idea what I could do to prevent teamspeak from "crashing" my USB audio and microphone whilst playing battlegrounds?

I know this might sound crazy but if you run teamspeak as an administrator it might fix your issues of crashing your audio while playing battlegrounds. It might work or it might not