Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lladnes

Should I bother buying it?

My laptop is pretty bad and please don't tell me to buy a new one. Wondered if anyone knew if I should even bother buying this game? Will my laptop run it?

Intel i7-6500U CPU @2.50GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE 930M 

If I missed anything important let me know as I don't know much about computers.

I'd say when the game is properly optimized in a couple of months, sure, you should be able to run it.

My laptop is pretty bad and please don't tell me to buy a new one. Wondered if anyone knew if I should even bother buying this game? Will my laptop run it?

Intel i7-6500U CPU @2.50GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GEFORCE 930M 

If I missed anything important let me know as I don't know much about computers.

I agree with @AndehX.  In a podcast awhile back I recall one of the developers saying that one of their main goals is to get the game optimized so people with lower tier hardware can run the game around 60fps.

Your laptop isn't that bad actually.  Good processor, and ok graphics card (for a laptop anyway).  Don't expect to run it at high resolution/settings, but I would guess you could run it with lower resolution and settings with a reasonable fps.

Laptop is not bad at all lol. Seen a video of someone playing GTA 5 online with solid frames, give the game a couple months to get optimized and i dont see why you couldent play it. 

From Steam:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 30 GB available space

Easy. Buy it and if it dosent work get a steam refund.

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles

When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.