Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrDread

Will the game be playable on minimal reqs?

Recommended Posts

There is infomation about minimal System Reqs on main page of the official site (now its also on game page on steam). For last day of CBT game was totally unplayable on kinda rig. Have no hope that things hadnt been changed for 2 months of CBT going to change in 2 days. But still I am asking. Will the game be playable on OFFICIAL minimal reqs on Match 23rd?

fakeinformation.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy of mine pretty much barely covers min reqs and still playable for him after some tweaking.  However, they still have a lot of optimization to do in the coming months.  People with beast setups are not getting the performance they should be imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definetly not. If mine and all my friends computers that are way, way over the Minimum requirements can't handle the game and constantly have crazy fps drops and lags i don't see how a PC that barely meet the Minimum requirements can handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be aware though that the developers may be forced set requirements for graphical options in ranked games. This is due to avoid players using the lowest possible settings to gain an advantage over someone who is using ultra settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why force graphics up and not down?  who to say that it won't happen that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going with no for the time being. I have way above the minimum required and I have to run it on medium with a resolution drop, and I freeze at the loading in screen for matches so when I actually do load in I've already landed. 

With optimization tweaks being continued, I can see it being runnable at the minimum a while after release though, maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play on an i5 3570k and GTX 670. High Texture, High AA, screen scale 100 and everything else on very low. Runs pretty smoothly apart from when near Polyana (but even then I get more frames than in multiplayer A3!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see it being playable on those minimum requirements for a couple of months at least.

I would imagine that optimizing the game to an acceptable standard, is not going to be an overnight thing, or even something that could be accomplished in a couple of weeks.  In large towns like Georgopol, I can drop to 17fps depending on which direction im looking, and I have a Ryzen 7 and GTX1080.  So theres is some HEFTY optimization that needs to be done.

I would venture a guess that most of the optimization will come from stopping the game engine from drawing areas of the map that are not visible to the player.  Like when you're in a building in a large town, the rest of the town should not be rendered by the game engine if can't see it.  If you face away from the town, your FPS shoots up because obviously you can't see the town, so it isnt rendered by the engine.  Problem is, they need to optimize the engine so that the town is not rendered when its not visible, even if you're looking in the direction of the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kizeR said:

I play on an i5 3570k and GTX 670. High Texture, High AA, screen scale 100 and everything else on very low. Runs pretty smoothly apart from when near Polyana (but even then I get more frames than in multiplayer A3!)

I really don't get it. My computer is 5 times better than yours and i'm running everything on low and it doesn't run even close to smoothly. Constant freezes and fps drops no matter what. They have some serious work ahead of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hibbsan said:

I really don't get it. My computer is 5 times better than yours and i'm running everything on low and it doesn't run even close to smoothly. Constant freezes and fps drops no matter what. They have some serious work ahead of them. 

read my post above.  That's most likely the reason for the major FPS drops.

the amount of players on screen can have a direct effect on FPS too.  I've noticed in the plane at the start, if theres 100 people inside the plane,  I get around 20fps.  If theres only 50 people in the plane, I can get upwards of 50fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kizeR said:

I play on an i5 3570k and GTX 670. High Texture, High AA, screen scale 100 and everything else on very low. Runs pretty smoothly apart from when near Polyana (but even then I get more frames than in multiplayer A3!)

Similar for me on an OC'ed i7-2600K with GTX 760, except I ran AA up to ultra because it did not seem to impact FPS, and dropped screen scale to 90.  I had 120 FPS in menu, mid 40's on the island lobby, low 30's in the jump plane, 60's in open terrain and mid 20-40 in the larger towns.  But my biggest annoyance is the periodic screen stuttering, especially when looking at or around the larger towns or burst-firing full auto with a weapon.     

My dated system has a mix of RAM dimms that limits my system RAM clock speeds to 800MHz, effectively bottle-necking my data transfer bandwidth between system and video RAM.  This is a big issue with my current 2GB RAM video card since 2GB video memory is not enough to hold all of the textures for most recent games, causing more data transfers between system and video RAM during gameplay, resulting in FPS drops and occasional stuttering depending upon what is being rendered.   Hopefully, the 1070 GTX with its 8GB video RAM should alleviate this issue by eliminating the need for large data transfers between system and video during gameplay, not to mention the added video performance.  :D

BTW:  A3 FPS issues also have a lot to do with the screwy way BI wrote their server engine and net code; even high-end cards see noticeable frame drops after playing on an A3 server for more than an hour or two.  It's the main reason why most A3 servers restart every few hours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doowie said:

Be aware though that the developers may be forced set requirements for graphical options in ranked games. This is due to avoid players using the lowest possible settings to gain an advantage over someone who is using ultra settings.

One must also keep in mind that mid/low end users are still the majority in PC gaming. Even though I could handle ultra, if I was playing a ranked/competitive mode I'd personally drop my settings down to maximize frames, draw, and ability to ID targets. If anything I would rather the developers drop the Ultra users down to a med preset so it does not force out the majority from being able to play a game mode with reasonable frames. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run an OCd i5 3570k @ 4.5 ghz, AMD 7970 with 16gb crosair vengeance @ 1600 mhz.  Average FPS is 60, min ive seen is 52, highest around 78 but typically sticks at around 60.  Screenscale 115, settings mostly low @ 16x9.

 

I dont care about looks, just fps and performance so I can win...not look at foliage and trees all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had mediocre performance, 40-60fps. Textures on high, shadows very low and the rest on medium. i7 3770, GTX 1060.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndehX said:

I can't see it being playable on those minimum requirements for a couple of months at least.

I would imagine that optimizing the game to an acceptable standard, is not going to be an overnight thing, or even something that could be accomplished in a couple of weeks.  In large towns like Georgopol, I can drop to 17fps depending on which direction im looking, and I have a Ryzen 7 and GTX1080.  So theres is some HEFTY optimization that needs to be done.

I would venture a guess that most of the optimization will come from stopping the game engine from drawing areas of the map that are not visible to the player.  Like when you're in a building in a large town, the rest of the town should not be rendered by the game engine if can't see it.  If you face away from the town, your FPS shoots up because obviously you can't see the town, so it isnt rendered by the engine.  Problem is, they need to optimize the engine so that the town is not rendered when its not visible, even if you're looking in the direction of the town.

which ryzen you have? i have 1700 @3.9gHz the performance is not so bad, sometimes the game runs smoothly(aa low,post fx very low,foliage effects high,texture ultra,screen scale 85,1080p) sometimes i play with 90fps,sometimes 100 sometimes 50 it changes so much. i wish that they will optimize the game, because it still need a lot of optimization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mertovski said:

which ryzen you have? i have 1700 @3.9gHz the performance is not so bad, sometimes the game runs smoothly(aa low,post fx very low,foliage effects high,texture ultra,screen scale 85,1080p) sometimes i play with 90fps,sometimes 100 sometimes 50 it changes so much. i wish that they will optimize the game, because it still need a lot of optimization.

I have the same CPU, running at the same speed. 3.9ghz, and yes, for the most part, the game does run fine, until you get to large towns like Georgopol, then the FPS TANKS down to ~19fps.  My previous post explains why this happens and what the solution to it is.  It just remains to be seen if they can make it happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an OC i5 760 at 3.6GHz and a gtx 950 with OC at 1400Mhz Clock, with everything on very low it runs nicely with a 40/50 fps average. I can put the texture on medium and post processing on low and still playable but some freezing and a 30 fps average. I have friends with better systems that can't play the first 2 minutes of the game while every texture around them is loading. The only diference between me and them is an SSD hard drive where my game is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rothbeard said:

I have an OC i5 760 at 3.6GHz and a gtx 950 with OC at 1400Mhz Clock, with everything on very low it runs nicely with a 40/50 fps average. I can put the texture on medium and post processing on low and still playable but some freezing and a 30 fps average. I have friends with better systems that can't play the first 2 minutes of the game while every texture around them is loading. The only diference between me and them is an SSD hard drive where my game is.

Yeah an SSD is a must for this game. Without a SSD the game also stutters like crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AndehX said:

I have the same CPU, running at the same speed. 3.9ghz, and yes, for the most part, the game does run fine, until you get to large towns like Georgopol, then the FPS TANKS down to ~19fps.  My previous post explains why this happens and what the solution to it is.  It just remains to be seen if they can make it happen

i think they will make the game better, what they need is time for this. Even this performance is playable for me, of course i would like to play with no drops :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VetVel said:

Yeah an SSD is a must for this game. Without a SSD the game also stutters like crazy.

Yeah this is pretty important.  I noticed severe stuttering when the game was installed on my HDD.  Transferring it to my SSD solved alot of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndehX said:

Yeah this is pretty important.  I noticed severe stuttering when the game was installed on my HDD.  Transferring it to my SSD solved alot of it.

yeah its honestly impossible to drive with the game installed on a 7400rpm HDD, the stuttering becomes more apparent as you move faster as the game has to load the incoming environment at a higher pace but is just unable to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...