TL:DR There is no function to disable a controller and now it's basically taking over and ruining my game.

Problem: Controller plugged in, taking over UI.

Reproduction: Open game with controller plugged in.

Solution: Ingame function to disable controller???

I have my XBOX controller plugged in while playing. I never used it to play Playerunknowns Battlegrounds. It's always been a problem though. First problems started with not being able to disable vibrationmechanics. Then in the later few patches, the UI from the controller scheme is starting to take over my game. I can't see the menu anymore, it simply says Press A to return to game, and Press B to exit to menu. And for some reason it also works with keyboard presses. I cannot spectate my fellow teammates anymore, because the only option there is "Press A to return to menu".

What I need is a way to disable my controller all together, without me having to get up and walk every single time. And yes, my PC is in another room, I'm behind an L table. That makes a total of 10 meters back and forth whenever I want to play PUBG, not to talk about the damage caused to the connection itself, from all the replugging I would have to do.

// JustinCaseDK out //

Edited by JustinCaseDK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

THIS!!!

I use my Xbox controller to talk to my friends on discord, Xbox party chat via windows 10. I cannot spectate them and it is absolutely annoying. I also have a screenshot for evidence and or proof of what I am and you are talking about and hopefully they fix this. As you can see from the top left, my friend was alive and I could not spectate him. Please fix this.

20170728150825_1.jpg

I've exactly the same problem!! 

It's quite easy to solve, just a checkbox in the options menu. It's a pain, you can't remove this UI and what I ask myself is... People who play with controller (if someone play with controller) can not spectate teammates? Watch the screenshot of the menu, they can't even see correctly the ESC menu!! O.o

Then I read that this game has 5 million of copies sold. You could contract a bigger team to finish it!! ¬¬

20170728230902_1.jpg

I had this exact same problem for about 2 weeks now and after the latest patch it has gotten out of hand as the spectate and pause menu doesn't exist anymore. It's annoying as hell and is on the verge of being game breaking. 

32 minutes ago, TehAlekzi said:

I had this exact same problem for about 2 weeks now and after the latest patch it has gotten out of hand as the spectate and pause menu doesn't exist anymore. It's annoying as hell and is on the verge of being game breaking. 

And this problem persist even if I unplug the controller, tried absolutely everything to troubleshoot the problem: Reinstalled game, removed all configs, removed the driver for all my controllers (steam controller and PS3 controller) and nothing works. The controller UI is here to stay it seems. 

Edited by TehAlekzi
Added information

I play Dark Souls with a 360 controller, and when I play this afterwards, as above, the UI displays the 360 icons. Not a problem except there is no button to spectate at the end of a squad match, and no kill count. Love that the controller no longer rumbles, but need to spectate.

Hello everyone!

Well it happens that, when I press escape key, the menu is not displayed appropriately. I tried many things. I tried to verify the data files of the game, i tried to erase something appsdata/tsl/userconfig, but still no solution. All I need is an answer of what could be and what is the solution to that.

Extra data. Sometimes I play mortal kombat or street fighters with a PS3 controller. The ps3 controller is hacked with a software that makes it like a Xbox controller. I have played PUBG for the last 1 month and a half. I have been strugling with this problem since PUBG's last update.Besides, I play this game without the controller plugged in my PC, I've always played it with keyboard and mouse, so I really do not understand why this happens.

If you have the answer please help me.

Sin título.jpg

Same issue, please come with a solution! I use my controller for my microphone.. ( I use my controller for audio and microphone because my pc doesnt support it otherwise)

I own an analog keyboard Wooting One , so the game thinks it's a controller. Fix that please, otherwise I am not able to spectate my teammates. that's horrible!

So I also get the XBOX UI after using my PS3 controller... it's not even connected, I can close the game and restart it and it still shows the Xbox UI... help

5 hours ago, JustinCaseDK said:

The only current solution to all this: Exit game (if its open), then unplug your controller, then reopen the game.

if your not a controller user then this may work, but other wise this doesn't work. I even tried to disconnect completely til in game and unable to use my controller's start button to open the old setting menu/ui. only shows 2 options.

I've been dealing with this also... especially sucks when playing with Duo and Squad, I have to have my stuff up so loud so I can actually hear foot steps decently, so usually I turn it down in the Lobby or Main Menu, then after I land open the settings and then turn it back up. so with this I'm having to leave it loud and not hearing anyone on TS or Discord unless being deafened or unable to hear much in-game. if I played ONLY Solo, then it wouldn't be a problem since I mute my entire PC til I land. granted I am only using a PS4 controller to play, but already had my settings perfect Via Steam Big Picture mode, so this is restricting the options and Spectating. only things I've found but have not yet worked on my end was this steam launch command(posting them in case they work for other's) "  -nocontroller  " and even found the controller configuration file located "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\Engine\Config\controller.vdf" which I deleted and no change. so far I'm going to mess with the steam's controller configuration to see what will work, if any even will... til they update/fix this issue.

9 hours ago, frutch said:

I own an analog keyboard Wooting One , so the game thinks it's a controller. Fix that please, otherwise I am not able to spectate my teammates. that's horrible!

I honestly think this is another issue. Not that I mind you borrowing this one. But maybe you'll get more response if you start your own on that one. :)

• Like 1

I found a way to disable the controller & controller prompts, per steam game

1. Go to Steam Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings, then enable a configuration support (Image 1-2)
  2. Right click the game in your library & select "Edit Steam Controller Configuration…" (Image 3)
  3. NOTE: From here things are a bit weird
  4. If there are no action sets, create one (Image 4)
  5. Then delete the action set (Image 5-6)
  6. If steps 4-5 don't give you a blank page like image 5, you can try individually setting all the controller commands to "None" & then repeat steps 4-5

If you can't create or delete an action set, you can try Browse Configs > Templates, & import the Gamepad config

After doing this I have been able to play with a controller plugged in & without any controller prompts (the controller still works for other games), I hope this can help

Edited by B42
  • Thanks 3

A few more things

For step 5, delete all action sets

After step 6, you may want to disable the configuration support from step 1, as this can cause problems when using the controller (xbox d-pad & right-stick not working)

2 hours ago, B42 said:

A few more things

For step 5, delete all action sets

After step 6, you may want to disable the configuration support from step 1, as this can cause problems when using the controller (xbox d-pad & right-stick not working)

Well, if the update didn't just happen I think this would have helped, but since these updates just happened, it seems to have fixed the problem for the menu while in-game. was testing the updates before doing what you posted in case they changed it. so far on my end, I have my start button/Options(PS4/DS4 Controller) for Esc. so now when I use it sometimes it's fluctuates between the controller way and then the keyboard way. but so far you can finally get to it even if you press Esc. on your keyboard with a controller plugged in.

@B42 thanks for the tips though, was going to reply and try it a few hours ago but the game just barely started to update and such so I waited til then. so hopfully now you and no one else may have to go through that for the controller's any more, but mind as well have it up just in case lol.

48 minutes ago, JackyCola said:

For me this problem is gone with todays update :>

lol, yeah, hopefully it fixed many other's as well. haven't tried teaming up yet to see how the spectating is working, but if the menu works i'd assume so.

I am also having the same issue and would like a fix for it. It is really annoying to be with a team of people and you can't change your settings or spectate the match after you die. The only way is to unplug the controller. Can we please have this fixed.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade1031 said:

I am also having the same issue and would like a fix for it. It is really annoying to be with a team of people and you can't change your settings or spectate the match after you die. The only way is to unplug the controller. Can we please have this fixed.

there was an update this morning for the game. did that not help your end? if not, try what @B42 has showed a couple post's up.

7 hours ago, BOBCAMO said:

there was an update this morning for the game. did that not help your end? if not, try what @B42 has showed a couple post's up.

Well everything is working now. Thanks a lot bro. The only down side is the severe lag from the game

On 7/28/2017 at 3:21 PM, AllMightu said:

THIS!!!

I use my Xbox controller to talk to my friends on discord, Xbox party chat via windows 10. I cannot spectate them and it is absolutely annoying. I also have a screenshot for evidence and or proof of what I am and you are talking about and hopefully they fix this. As you can see from the top left, my friend was alive and I could not spectate him. Please fix this.

20170728150825_1.jpg

Learn to use discord like a real human being.