Nirvis

Voice Chat not working

As the title says, my voice chat is not working.

I've tried looking for a solution on previous posts about this topic, and nothing helped. I tried looking around in my playback and recording device settings, verified integrity of game files, reinstalled the game, restarted my pc a couple of times. It's still not working.

I read something about ports (which I don't really understand) and found a tutorial on allowing ports through windows firewall with an inbound rule. It's still not working.

If it matters, I live in Saudi Arabia, and I am playing on the AS region (I've tried the EU region as well). I heard it may be a region block thing and I'd need a vpn (which would slow my connection so I would like to avoid it if possible).

Sorry I did not realize I had to follow a format.

Date Seen:
Since I started playing

Server: 
Live

Error Message:
It's not a crash, voice comms don't work.

Other Information:
I've tried the EU and AS servers and the voice chat does not work for me, my team, or other players (I can't hear anyone and I don't see the icon when I use the push to talk button)

Troubleshooting Attempted:

I've tried looking for a solution on previous posts about this topic, and nothing helped. I tried looking around in my playback and recording device settings, verified integrity of game files, reinstalled the game, restarted my pc a couple of times. It's still not working.

Launch Options:
I don't have any

System Specifications:
My laptop is not that powerful, but I can run the game at low settings at 30-40 fps.

http://imgur.com/a/vU3VO

Edited by Nirvis

Having the exact same problem: Cannot hear people talking even with chat set to "ALL" channel and open mic,  the problem did not exist before last monthly patch, that's for sure but i don't know exactly when it started , i took me a long time to notice it. 

Date Seen:   07/26/2017, The problem did not exist before last monthly patch, that's for sure but i don't know exactly when it started , i took me a long time to notice it. 

Server:   Every server in all regions, solo, duo and squad

Error Message: No error message

Other Information: Cannot hear people talking on the lobby or in game even with chat set to "ALL" channel and open mic, suspect people also don't hear me

Troubleshooting Attempted: The basic, reinstall, verify integrity, check audio/headphone drivers etc, changing channels in-game from ALL to TEAM and applying the change, nothing works

Launch Options: No launch options at all

System Specifications:

Operating System: Windows 10

Graphics Card: nvidia gforce 780m

CPU: i7 4700m

Ram: 16gb

Just now, 84Dreaming said:

Having the exact same problem: Cannot hear people talking even with chat set to "ALL" channel and open mic,  the problem did not exist before last monthly patch, that's for sure but i don't know exactly when it started , i took me a long time to notice it. 

Date Seen:   07/26/2017, The problem did not exist before last monthly patch, that's for sure but i don't know exactly when it started , i took me a long time to notice it. 

Other Information: Cannot hear people talking on the lobby or in game even with chat set to "ALL" channel and open mic, suspect people also don't hear me

Troubleshooting Attempted: The basic, reinstall, verify integrity, check audio/headphone drivers etc, changing channels in-game from ALL to TEAM and applying the change, nothing works

System Specifications:

I only bought the game recently, and I've been playing solo a lot, so I didn't really pay attention to people talking. But then I tried duo and noticed my teammate was not talking and it was not showing the I was talking either (from what I've seen from youtube videos, an icon pops next to the name of the one talking). I've played for like a week and have not noticed that it was a problem, I just thought no one was talking or had a mic.

On 7/27/2017 at 4:20 PM, 84Dreaming said:

System Specifications:

On 7/27/2017 at 4:25 PM, Nirvis said:

I only bought the game recently, and I've been playing solo a lot, so I didn't really pay attention to people talking. But then I tried duo and noticed my teammate was not talking and it was not showing the I was talking either (from what I've seen from youtube videos, an icon pops next to the name of the one talking). I've played for like a week and have not noticed that it was a problem, I just thought no one was talking or had a mic.

Looks like i had my chat muted by CTRL+T,  i was pretty sure i checked it more than once before taking all steps but, well that's it. CTRL+T fixed my shit and i'm was trippin

Date Seen:   08/3/2017. Voice chat has always worked fine for me in the past.

Other Information: Cannot hear people talking on the lobby or in game even with chat set to "ALL" channel and open mic, can be heard. I had one circumstance where I could hear another player and it was in TEAM ONLY mode. Outside of that, I haven't heard a single person speaking in-game in about 10 hours of play.

Troubleshooting Attempted: Verified game integrity, reinstall, ensured settings were correct, driver 

Launch Options: None

System Specifications:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX480 8gb

CPU: i5 3470

Ram: 16GB

Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 USB

Edited by f a f f e l

I ran into this and the fix I found was to hit ctrl T and mute the voice then do it again to enable it and it worked. The issue I think is if you hit ctrl M to mute the master volume and ctrl M to enable the master volume it doesn't enable to the voice chat. It leaves it muted.

Okay, so it has been quite a while since this thread went up.  I have a Hyper X Cloud II headset that seems to be working perfectly but I cannot be heard by my squad members.  I have had a little success with shouting into the microphone, which is confusing.