PUBG_Hawkinz

General Vehicle Issues, Bugs and Unpredictable Physics

Hi,

There are many issues with the way vehicle physics and collisions currently work in the game. 

The development team are working on improving all aspects of vehicle gameplay and will endeavour to greatly improve the overall experience and fix related bugs.

Here are some common issues with vehicles currently:

• General Vehicle collision. Often vehicles don't react as you'd expect when hitting other stationary objects or vehicles. This can often cause unexpected results like your vehicle blowing up or flying off towards the sunset.
  • After a vehicle flips, it can sometimes blow up extremely fast.
  • Blown out tires on vehicles can flicker (graphical glitch)

If you experience any of these issues, or any different issues related to vehicles, feel free to post a reply in this thread.

While playing earlier on the sunset map, anytime I would drive the buggy it'd randomly stop, make the crash sound effect, and do damage when I was driving on the roads. It's only happened on this map during two separate games. 

A friend was driving a motorcycle with a sidecar and when they hit the traffic barrier in between the motorcycle and the sidecar. Instead of stopping them, the traffic barrier went in between the motorcycle and the sidecar and they kept driving. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973789688 got a screenshot of it just before they got off the bridge.

• Like 1

Cars have way to wide a hit box, I let most things slide in early access but this really annoyed me as I had on my end jumped out of the way, with a good 6 feet of clearance, on the death screen at the point of supposed impact the car is nowhere near me. 

Some players are using these in the last few circles to cheese down the numbers. 

cR 3.png

• Like 2

Theres some serious issues leaving vehicles with this game. I beached with a boat this time, got out of the boat just as it was slowing to a halt, my character left the boat from the middle of the boat, and landed on the middle of the boat (WTF) and died. Good game

• Like 2

A tire on my buggy popped on its own.  My wild guess is that perhaps the game engine though that it should take pinch damage between the tree and the slope of the hill.

• Like 2

1. Often, entering a vehicle (Dacia, UAZ) on one side will cause the player to be seated on the opposite site instead.  For instance, entering at the driver's door will put the player into the front passenger seat instead.

2. It is possible to exit a vehicle into pinch spots that cause the player to get stuck and/or take damage.  In rare cases, the player loses the ability to re-enter the vehicle, since the game considers them to be constantly falling / twitching.  This can happen if there is a narrow gap between the wall of a building and the vehicle.  The game will cause the player to exit on that side rather than popping them out on the opposite side, even though there is not actually enough room for the player to actually exit there.

3. [one-off weird issue; no idea how to reproduce] It is possible for the game to think that a single player is occupying multiple seats in a vehicle.  I entered a Dacia from the driver's side but got placed into the opposite side (item 1 above), and when I tried to switch to seat 1, the game told me that the seat was occupied.  I can't remember exactly what happened immediately after that, but I was eventually able to move to the driver's seat.  Later, when I went to fetch my squad, the last squadmate couldn't enter the vehicle, as it told him the vehicle was full.  We all exited the vehicle, and then we were all able to get in after that...

• Like 1

I was driving in a Dacia with a teammate and he did a handbrake turn to pull over the car and I got out (of the back right seat) and was run over by the car after disembarking. The problem is that when I went into the downed 'state' I was glitched into the car and unable to be revived as pressing 'F' would put you in the car. The bug is me being stuck in the car.

me and my friend performs a stunt in a motorcycle and it got stuck between boxes.... and i can't even get out of the vehicle

20170714165241_1.jpg

Edited by xzaxius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I've noticed with every vehicle if you crash into another one at high speeds they get lodged together. It's because the collision models are too complex. They should use simple real boxes for the vehicles for now until they can fine tune the more detailed collision boxes.

Also, every vehicle handles like it's driving on ice. A motorbike is impossible to turn at higher speeds it just slides everywhere instead of holding the road.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin

my post was deleted from here, but i just died again from going 'to fast' in a motorcycle. 

So, just to reiterate, If you do this over some of the wheat fields it is certain death. Something needs to be done. 

1. Getting ejected from motorcycle when attempting to backflip but the passenger not. (Non-sidecar)

2. Falling after landing on back tires on motorcycle. (Non-sidecar) 

Bikes should not bounce if you don't land perfectly horizontal, suspensions are made for a reason. Tired of getting flipped to death.

• Like 2

@Hawkinz Please fix this bug asap! It is funny that this happened to me & my friends but its also a nuisance. We could have gotten shot, if other players were lurking around.

Here's the link to the video clipped from a Twitch stream: Dacia car bug

Dont know about other vehicles but entering a UAZ (command was: [F] Drive vehicle or w/e)  on driver's side put me in the backseat, and when I try to get to driver seat (Ctrl + 1) it tells me for 2 seconds that the seat is occupied.

RANT: Just got killed because of this and im pissed af.

I was driving in a UAZ [windowed] recently and did a handbrake stop. While I jumped out of the car, the car hit a bump and rolled over me. I glitched inside the car and could not get out.

Every time that the motorbike (without sidecar) hits a big enough jump at high enough speed, it doesn't matter how smoothly you land it; the bike does an endo and throws you off, killing you instantly.

• Like 1

Ok so there are Steel Rods outside some of the Houses,Happend to me Twice that i bumped in a 100 HP Dacia into it and it Exploded, i might be at a speed of 40-50.

This is Definately a Bud that can be fixed.

Dieing while jumping out of a vehicle at 30 km/h especially with proper clothing, security vest (it's not a police vest it's a cheap safety vest for bouncers) an army helmet and a fat backpack to protect you... I've taken no more damage than some abbrasions while only wearing jeans and a tshirt, and I'm unfit AF. taking some damage at that speed ofc but dying is a bit over the top.

Yeah I dont know what to call this other then bad luck. I was stuck inside falling and cannot get inside.