Bandi

FAMILY SHARING BROKE | Profiles Merged

So, I buy PUBG to play it the next day. Turns out my father installed it while he was awake and played it before me. In turn, this made it so my account is screwed over with the name "bandidad" and no customization at all for the character. My father also said that he accidentally passed the customization screen so he just lost his chance to change stuff.

Would love a way to fix this, anyone know how? I just want to start the game as if I first launched it, since my family share did it before me.

UPDATE:
Played 4 games and recorded them for Youtube on the profile. Sadly I feel like my progress will be lost eventually since this isn't my actual profile. I really want to fix this still.

ANYONE PASSING BY, Leave your thoughts and input on the problem. Any similar problems?

89f32779e39d74d3558d9f38a300158c.jpg

• Like 1

I have the same issue with the account. People from the family sharing should not be able to create an character. The main account is not able to reset the account or remove character which was created by the account from the family sharing.

8 hours ago, Bandi said:

So, I buy PUBG to play it the next day. Turns out my father installed it while he was awake and played it before me. In turn, this made it so my account is screwed over with the name "bandidad" and no customization at all for the character. My father also said that he accidentally passed the customization screen so he just lost his chance to change stuff.

Would love a way to fix this, anyone know how? I just want to start the game as if I first launched it, since my family share did it before me.

UPDATE:
Played 4 games and recorded them for Youtube on the profile. Sadly I feel like my progress will be lost eventually since this isn't my actual profile. I really want to fix this still.

ANYONE PASSING BY, Leave your thoughts and input on the problem. Any similar problems?

89f32779e39d74d3558d9f38a300158c.jpg

5 hours ago, weand said:

I have the same issue with the account. People from the family sharing should not be able to create an character. The main account is not able to reset the account or remove character which was created by the account from the family sharing.

Family sharing was disabled due to abuse. The first character created is the main and only character on that copy of the game. 

6 hours ago, Caesar of Roma said:

Family sharing was disabled due to abuse. The first character created is the main and only character on that copy of the game. 

But it wasn't disabled. If it was then my dad wouldn't be able to play on his account. He went on his Steam account, saw PUBG on Family Share, launched it and created his own character. I spent my own money to by this game for my account and I can't even reset it? This seriously isn't right. There has to be something.

14 minutes ago, Bandi said:

But it wasn't disabled. If it was then my dad wouldn't be able to play on his account. He went on his Steam account, saw PUBG on Family Share, launched it and created his own character. I spent my own money to by this game for my account and I can't even reset it? This seriously isn't right. There has to be something.

It is not his account. He's playing on your account technically as your Steam account that holds the game. All the shared accounts were merged onto the main account.

51 minutes ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

It is not his account. He's playing on your account technically as your Steam account that holds the game. All the shared accounts were merged onto the main account.

So now I'm stuck with what ever he chose? I don't get a choice at all? Is there a way my account could get reset? I didn't even know he played on my account, nor' did I know it would let him create my account. This is the only game I've had this problem on, there has got to be a fix for this. Thanks for the responses!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

The thing is that the accounts from the family sharing are able to create that main character, so the main account could be stuck with the character created by using family sharing account. There should be an option to remove the characters or reset the accounts in that case.

I'm assuming you had family share before it was turned off as of right now the game is not able to be shared. If you did, the shared account merged with the main account.

If you had not created the main character before you family shared, then whoever created the player becomes the main account. Unfortunately, we are not able to change names currently.

27 minutes ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

I'm assuming you had family share before it was turned off as of right now the game is not able to be shared. If you did, the shared account merged with the main account.

If you had not created the main character before you family shared, then whoever created the player becomes the main account. Unfortunately, we are not able to change names currently.

I just want to have my whole account reset as I just bought it. I bought the game around two nights ago and family shared yesterday. I only played one day so there should be no issue with smurfing if that is the issue with resetting the account. As I'm seeing this, I basically just gifted the game to a friend and can not buy it for myself now. There has to be a way to reset.

52 minutes ago, PUBG_Slyvinlisha said:

Nope. I've bought the game after the family share was turned off and one person from my family sharing created the character.

It is clearly a bug in the game which allows to create character by the account from the family sharing (when the main account didn't created the character) and the main account could be blocked because of that.

Since I'm not able to play this game as me, is there any possibility to refund the money which I spent on this game?

Edited by weand

Still looking for some help here. If any admins can't do anything about it, please contact someone higher in the hierarchy. This is actually preventing me from having my own account and purchasing a copy. I can't have my father buy the game and family share with him, because then we both have the game and it'll lock it to our accounts. I also can't refund since my father played the game for so long.

• Like 1