Sign in to follow this  
gabriiel40

In game Audio

Hi,

Ive only recently picked up PubG and have been enjoying the game quite a bit, however I noticed that no one was communicating in game via the voice chat. It seems after a little more digging that it is my audio that is messed up. Ive tried a couple of different things to try to make it work but nothing so far.

If anyone could provide some insight as to how to make it so I can speak to and hear my team in game, that would be great.

First off, It is disabled in the lobby and I believe the 1st minute after you enter the plane. So be sure you are mistaken that for not working.

I personally use Discord, but I always play with the same people. However, I do have a key bound to do game chat so I can speak with opponents or if we do decide to pick up a random.

So start it the basics.
Does it even work with Windows?

If there is test software that comes with your soundcard/mic, have you ran it through that?

If it is a headset, do you have the MIC cable plugged into the proper port?

Does it work outside of PUBG, like in another game?

If so, then check your settings in PUBG and make sure you actually have it enabled.

Yeah, just make sure your headphones and mic are both working. 

Then go go PUBG audio settings and put open mic so you dont have to press anything to speak.

Enter the game and change voice chat on team-only if you are playing duos or squads.

Also make sure your mic is not muted. 

I belive u can find those settings in PUBG key bindings

For me it is:

F1 -Mute voice chat

F2 -Switch voice channel 

F3 -Mute the game

Hope that helps

5 hours ago, cartercod2 said:

Yeah, just make sure your headphones and mic are both working. 

Then go go PUBG audio settings and put open mic so you dont have to press anything to speak.

Enter the game and change voice chat on team-only if you are playing duos or squads.

Also make sure your mic is not muted. 

I belive u can find those settings in PUBG key bindings

For me it is:

F1 -Mute voice chat

F2 -Switch voice channel 

F3 -Mute the game

Hope that helps

Yes, ive tried all of those and still nothing. My mic works great in any other game and in discord. Have tried open mic and still doesn't work.

8 hours ago, LuckImpaired said:

First off, It is disabled in the lobby and I believe the 1st minute after you enter the plane. So be sure you are mistaken that for not working.

I personally use Discord, but I always play with the same people. However, I do have a key bound to do game chat so I can speak with opponents or if we do decide to pick up a random.

So start it the basics.
Does it even work with Windows?

If there is test software that comes with your soundcard/mic, have you ran it through that?

If it is a headset, do you have the MIC cable plugged into the proper port?

Does it work outside of PUBG, like in another game?

If so, then check your settings in PUBG and make sure you actually have it enabled.

I have used discord to play with people that I know, however if I have randoms I cannot hear them within the game. My mic works perfectly fine with anything else I use it with, just not within pubg. Ive checked the settings within pubg as well to make sure and have tried to default reset them several times without success before trying to set them to my preferences.

Strange, although i had a similar problem maybe week ago.

My mic was working and I was playin duos and suddenly my mic just stopped working. 

I think its a game issue. My mic started working again when i rebooted my PC