Mr. Smalls

Bullets cancelling...

When you die your bullet that is flying through the air cancels. Even if it makes contact it does not do damage. @PUBG_Andymh5 if you are downed does the same thing happen? Does your bullet still in the air cancel and cause no damage upon impact?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Mr. Smalls said:

When you die your bullet that is flying through the air cancels. Even if it makes contact it does not do damage. @PUBG_Andymh5 if you are downed does the same thing happen? Does your bullet still in the air cancel and cause no damage upon impact?

I'm pretty sure being knocked also cancels your bullet. Happened to me yesterday in duos, I whacked the enemy in the chest with a K9 just as his buddy knocked me with a headshot. I checked on pubglookup and I got no damage on him.

Edited by ColonicBoom

2 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

I'm pretty sure being knocked also cancels your bullet. Happened to me yesterday in duos, I whacked the enemy in the chest with a K9 just as his buddy knocked me with a headshot. I checked on pubglookup and I got no damage on him.

This is correct.

6 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

3 hours ago, HypnoToad643 said:

This is correct.

No I'm sure this isn't correct. It only applies to the guy who knocks you. Your bullet still does damage to anyone, once your knocked, apart from the guy who knocked you.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, NathHolloran said:

No I'm sure this isn't correct. It only applies to the guy who knocks you. Your bullet still does damage to anyone, once your knocked, apart from the guy who knocked you.

Happens to me alot I notice the blood from me after knocking or killing someone who was shooting at me, and I always think 'faster than that guy' 

Edited by JayP

1 minute ago, JayP said:

Thats what they were saying I think. Happens to me alot I notice the blood from me after knocking or killing someone who was shooting at me, and I always think 'faster than that guy'

Yeah but Colonic Boom said he smacked one guy in the chest, got downed by his teammate and his bullet done no damage.. it should of done damage if the guy he hit wasn't the one who downed him

• Like 1

Just now, NathHolloran said:

Yeah but Colonic Boom said he smacked one guy in the chest, got downed by his teammate and his bullet done no damage.. it should of done damage if the guy he hit wasn't the one who downed him

Yea I re read it after and edited my post, my mistake not seeing it correctly. 

From what I know it's as you say and only counts to people directly shooting each other

6 hours ago, Mr. Smalls said:

Yes, if you get downed when firing at another player the bullet that came from your gun will strike the opposing player but deal no damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Yes, if you get downed when firing at another player the bullet that came from your gun will strike the opposing player but deal no damage.

Didn’t Chocotaco prove that this isn’t the case? I’m sure I seen a video of him shooting somebody in the head and at the exact same time the guy he shot in the head headshot someone else and Choco won the game.... 

Watch the end of the game... 

Edited by BuckStar

7 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

Didn’t Chocotaco prove that this isn’t the case? I’m sure I seen a video of him shooting somebody in the head and at the exact same time the guy he shot in the head headshot someone else and Choco won the game.... 

Watch the end of the game... 

If you down/kill the player shooting you then ther bullet will do zero damage to you.

if they are shooting someone else however then they can still damage the other person. 

Its a weird system but was was designed to stop draws between any two players especially for the end of a match.

38 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

As far as I’m concerned, if you have aimed on someone, fired, then been knocked- your bullets should absolutely still be counted. If it ends up in a trade, so be it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

As far as I’m concerned, if you have aimed on someone, fired, then been knocked- your bullets should absolutely still be counted. If it ends up in a trade, so be it. 

What if the final 2 is a trade off double death, no chicken? I mean that is a viable plan but it kinda goes against the "There will be only one" vibe

2 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

What if the final 2 is a trade off double death, no chicken? I mean that is a viable plan but it kinda goes against the "There will be only one" vibe

I see your point but highly unlikely that final bullets will strike at exactly the same time. Especially when factoring damage effects of different bullets / weapons against different type / health vests and helmets along with where on the body you are hit.

I just don’t think that your bullets should cease to exist, just because you have been knocked or killed. Totally ridiculous imo.

I didn’t know this, so not really impressed by finding it out!

• Like 1

Just now, hugeAXE WOUND said:

I see your point but highly unlikely that final bullets will strike at exactly the same time. Especially when factoring damage effects of different bullets / weapons against different type / health vests and helmets along with where on the body you are hit.

I just don’t think that your bullets should cease to exist, just because you have been knocked or killed. Totally ridiculous imo.

I agree it is a bit ridiculous but I can't see a better way of solving the final 2 issue. Unless it only implements the logic at the final 2 stage but that seems unnecessarily complicated in terms of programming. 

1 hour ago, Tempests Avatar said:

If you down/kill the player shooting you then ther bullet will do zero damage to you.

if they are shooting someone else however then they can still damage the other person. 

Its a weird system but was was designed to stop draws between any two players especially for the end of a match.

Yea ino about it cancelling out if you shoot the person who shot you but andy said that it cancels your bullet even if you shoot somebody else.

Just now, BuckStar said:

Yea ino about it cancelling out if you shoot the person who shot you but andy said that it cancels your bullet even if you shoot somebody else.

I would guess that it is an all or nothing scenario, cancel dead mans bullets or don't. Becomes (more, no idea how much more) complex if it has to take into account who you were shooting at.

16 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

I would guess that it is an all or nothing scenario, cancel dead mans bullets or don't. Becomes (more, no idea how much more) complex if it has to take into account who you were shooting at.

Check out that clip I posted from choco. Skip to near the end and see what happens.... he headshots someone at the exact same time the enemy headshots someone else. The bullet actually sounds like it fired after his and it still killed the other guy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NathHolloran said:

You might be right, I've honestly got no idea what happens if your bullet is travelling towards a different person to the one that knocks you. Logically it would work the same (because the bullet shouldn't have left the gun) but this is PUBG so who knows 🤣 

2 hours ago, NathHolloran said:

Yeah, I was shooting at one guy and got knocked (by M24 headshot) by his team mate. I was sure it was a hit on the guy I was shooting though but definitely no damage shown on pubglookup.

@PUBG_Andymh5 can you confirm if your bullet also disappears, when you get knocked, when you're aiming/hitting a different member of the enemy squad from the one that knocked you (or even a different squad entirely)? Or do your bullets only get cancelled when you're shooting at the same player that knocks you?

Edited by ColonicBoom

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MajorClagNut said:

You get a romantic candle-lit supper and a wing/leg each.

1 hour ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Think of it as the bullet having never been fired in the first place, rather than having disappeared.

It's the fair way to do it really, most games work it out this way. Even CoD does, although you can sometimes get kill trades (in CoD) there's a time-limit to stop it happening after too big of a gap.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

You might be right, I've honestly got no idea what happens if your bullet is travelling towards a different person to the one that knocks you. Logically it would work the same (because the bullet shouldn't have left the gun) but this is PUBG so who knows 🤣 

Yeah, I was shooting at one guy and got knocked (by M24 headshot) by his team mate. I was sure it was a hit on the guy I was shooting though but definitely no damage shown on pubglookup.

@PUBG_Andymh5 can you confirm if your bullet also disappears, when you get knocked, when you're aiming/hitting a different member of the enemy squad from the one that knocked you (or even a different squad entirely)? Or do your bullets only get cancelled when you're shooting at the same player that knocks you?

Seems as if any bullets still in air, fired by you are canceled upon down or death regardless of who they are fired at or who downed/killed you. 

I think this is a little wonky. I understand the why but it is a little frustrating to know I would have traded with someone but their gun has a higher velocity, therefore cancelling my shot to their dome as I fall to the downed position. It especially hurts seeing that face explode and nada happen because I got hit first. Yes this post is the result of this very thing happening. Yes I'm a little salty. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mr. Smalls said:

I understand the why but it is a little frustrating to know I would have traded with someone but their gun has a higher velocity, therefore cancelling my shot to their dome as I fall to the downed position. It especially hurts seeing that face explode and nada happen because I got hit first. Yes this post is the result of this very thing happening. Yes I'm a little salty. 

I think it's more down to differences in ping than bullet velocity, more often than not. It doesn't look fair when it happens but I expect it usually is.

One thing I have noticed recently, it seems to be taking way longer for blood to show from an impact. I fire and duck back in cover all the time and, at the moment, I often don't know if I've hit the enemy unless a team mate tells me they saw blood.

Edited by ColonicBoom

55 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

I think it's more down to differences in ping than bullet velocity, more often than not. It doesn't look fair when it happens but I expect it usually is.

One thing I have noticed recently, it seems to be taking way longer for blood to show from an impact. I fire and duck back in cover all the time and, at the moment, I often don't know if I've hit the enemy unless a team mate tells me they saw blood.

Well my ping is good. Steady around 40. In this instance it was my SLR vs m24. Fired at pretty much the exact same time. I had already landed two shots and the last shot we traded headshots. Mine landed just after his landed. I went down and he just had his face explode with orange mist. Mine was cancelled due to me being downed though. Frustrating at the least.

4 hours ago, Mr. Smalls said:

Seems as if any bullets still in air, fired by you are canceled upon down or death regardless of who they are fired at or who downed/killed you. 

Incorrect. Only bullets that are travelling towards the guy who downed you are cancelled. If you Kar98 someone in the head at the exact same time as someone different Kar98's you in the head, providing no level 3 helmets, then you and the guy you shot will die.