Akdov370

RTX 2070 usage is dropping ingame

so, when i play, if i look somewhere without like building (clear are) i get 200+fps and my gpu usage is ~80%, but when for example i look towards a city my fps drops to ~150 and gpu usage drops to ~60%

while in lobby my gpu usage is ~97%

my cpu usage is always around 60%

is this normal? if no any ideas why? i just got the rtx 2070

My guess would be that the processor isn't able to keep up and feed it as much information.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:54 PM, Akdov370 said:

so, when i play, if i look somewhere without like building (clear are) i get 200+fps and my gpu usage is ~80%, but when for example i look towards a city my fps drops to ~150 and gpu usage drops to ~60%

while in lobby my gpu usage is ~97%

my cpu usage is always around 60%

is this normal? if no any ideas why? i just got the rtx 2070

Its normal atm cause the game is bugged, thousands of people reporting the Same issue since 4 weeks, dont worry your setup is fine. 

Anychance you are using any launch command?

On 7/8/2019 at 11:30 PM, Jawnys said:

Anychance you are using any launch command?

no launch commands

On 7/8/2019 at 5:58 PM, LuckImpaired said:

My guess would be that the processor isn't able to keep up and feed it as much information.

but my cpu isnt at 100% at any time, its like 60% max (i7 8700)

for sure your 8700 isnt the bottleneck, check your power settings in windows make sure your at high performance, and you can always select prefer maximum performance in nviidia control panel 

if this doesnt work, i would recommend uninstalling your driiver with ddu, you can download it from guru3d.comm

Totally normal , no need for concern. If anything look towards optimizing your windows install, and picking a particular graphics driver that runs best for your system. Slim down that Nvidia install, tweak the settings,  keep your  cpu oc and memory settings high and your golden. 150fps  is good I'm assuming at 1080p, maybe 1440?

dont worry, the game is bugged since patch #30, some peoples performance dropped by 30-40fps since patch #30 but devs dont care.

I tried the -notexturestreaming launch command with my 2070 last night and though I didn't have a single frame drop period on Vikendi that lasted seconds like before, I did have many little micro stutters on ALL maps that were just as annoying.

I watched my GPU memory and it maxed out at 7.2GB of the 8GB available on pretty much all the maps so it I think the command did it's job.

So I have been playing some more and without having the -notexturestreaming setting the game uses at most 3265.2GB of memory of my 8GB card. That is kind of ridiculous as it does appear to scale very well with higher graphics cards.

21 minutes ago, LuckImpaired said:

So I have been playing some more and without having the -notexturestreaming setting the game uses at most 3265.2GB of memory of my 8GB card. That is kind of ridiculous as it does appear to scale very well with higher graphics cards.

That should say it DOESN"T scale well for higher end graphics cards.