Sign in to follow this  
regu

Why is no one playing Vikendi

Why is no one playing Vikendi? Its my favourite map and on Friday at 22:00 are only 6 people in the queue? WTF.

Please disable the queue-counter. No one joins this map when they see, that only 6 people want to play it.

beginning of this week at around 12ish midnight both the vikendi fpp solo and miramar queues were going off.

The wind.

I know, it's petty. But I can choose not to listen to it so I won't.

• Like 5
  • RIP 1

The wind.... I did not expected that. Small cause, big effect.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Destru said:

The wind.

I know, it's petty. But I can choose not to listen to it so I won't.

56 minutes ago, regu said:

The wind.... I did not expected that. Small cause, big effect.

This exactly 100% and no other reason.  It's stupid how loud and persistent it is, even inside buildings with now windows and all doors closed.

I'll never play the map again, unless they lower the wind noise from near red-zone levels to about a 2 or 3.

Edited by Gorf_Denroh
  • Like 3

Hm, i  never recognized FPS drops. But i am playing at arround 100 FPS, maybee the drops are not big enough that i can detect them.

I like these map :-\ . It sucks that 2 of 5 maps (Vikendi Day/Night) are not playable.

I like the map itself....performance issues are the problem as well  the ridiculous wind sound.  

The map design and loot table makes vikendi my favorite squad/duo map but one of my least favorite solo maps. 

I linke the small Size. I never had Problems with the bluezone...

On 7/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, regu said:

Why is no one playing Vikendi? Its my favourite map and on Friday at 22:00 are only 6 people in the queue? WTF.

Please disable the queue-counter. No one joins this map when they see, that only 6 people want to play it.

I stopped playing Vikendi the minute they made snipers as common as popcorn.  In my opinion looting and trying to find the best loadout is a big part of PUBG but Vikendi has been robbed of this part of the game with the crazy increase in snipers.

Tell me a reason why should I play?

-Wind sound is annoying.

-Optimization is horrible. Especially entire PUBG struggling about FPS right now Vikendi is a mess.

-Loot table is horrible, M24's are spawning like AKM's or Uzi's.

List goes like that...

There are only 2 reasons to play for the map. They are MP5K and G36C but they are not enough. Such sad PUBG wasted those weapons with imprisoning in a map like that.

vikendi solo fpp eu going off right now for example. dont have to wait long.

Posted (edited)

I quick join as well, but I remember when this community moaned about vikendi having 90% smg drop rate. I dont mind the howling wind because it creates immersion imo.

Edited by blazinblevins

1 hour ago, blazinblevins said:

I quick join as well, but I remember when this community moaned about vikendi having 90% smg drop rate. I dont mind the howling wind because it creates immersion imo.

Immersion is one thing.  Making my ears bleed and making it so that I can't hear footsteps...or even my own voice...is a deal breaker.  The fact that I can hear my voice on every map except for Vikendi proves that the ambient sound is WAY too high on that map in particular.

If the devs want normal people to come back and play the map, they absolutely have to reduce the ambient sound levels to match the other maps.

I mean hell, if you want immersion, then why not have howling monkeys on Sanhok, who throw their poo at you...and screaming birds.  It's ridiculous.

I play it a lot, but I only quickjoin matches. The wind is not that horrible, it's only too loud when you use loudnes equalization.