Chatty

Patch 27 - 30, List of Controller Bugs on PC

Posted (edited)
  1.  Mission list coded to LB button, resulting in canceling of ADS, cant hold breath, hip aim, or boost cars (It needs to be removed from this binding or turned off)
    GAME BREAKING BUG

2. ADS Speed Bug, when aiming with LT Type B which is hold to aim, there is a 1-2 second delay, in aiming. (too slow to play by the time you aim, you are dead)
    GAME BREAKING BUG

3. The Map cursor locks to the central line of the map, when fully zooming out of the map,when map menu is open (making it difficult zooming in and out in the map, losing your position and location and having to recenter the map around you.

4. Inventory Bug, when scrolling through inventory with Right Stick ( up or down the looting tabs) the character model is also moving, looking up and down, ( this changes character position when looting and makes it difficult to react to situations when looting, and definately screws up in game orientation)

5. Map Bug, as with number 4, when the map is open, to mark the map with the Right stick you have to scroll across the map up and down left and right... This results in the character model turning in all directions and looking up and down...  If you auto running in game, or driving, or parachuting the character turns...  ( It's impossible to map mark and parachute accurately at the start of the game because when trying to mark the map, the character turns and the chute direction changes drastically.  Ruining early game)

These bugs have all been reported multiple times by different users, including videos and pictures, through patches 27, 28, 29, and 30...

We see a new patch on console bringing control type C, but no update on pc for the same thing, and we don't see any bug fixes for any of our issues...

At least 2 of these bugs should be hot fixed, as together they make the game unplayable because you cant ADS properly and cant hip aim properly, resulting in basically no gun play at all.  Its been 4 patches and no change, whilst seeing hotfixes going out for console and Pc for other issues...

Many people choose to play on pc with controller because the version of the game, and the performance of the game is just better, so don't neglect bug fixes.
Edited by Chatty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes please fix problem with the left bumper being bound to missions list. Makes the game unplayable for controller players.

In both type B and type A when pressing the left bumper, to either soft aim and or hold breath the challenge list pops up and blocks the screen. This will certainly get you killed in close range if you don't remember it and you cannot hold breath at all when aiming down sights. https://forums.pubg.com/topic/334799-controller-bugs-on-pc/ Its not just me, this is with a normal Xbox one controller.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 10:41 PM, Vandevere said:

Has this been fixed yet?

I noticed that

3.The Map cursor locks to the central line of the map, when fully zooming out of the map,when map menu is open (making it difficult zooming in and out in the map, losing your position and location and having to recenter the map around you.

Has been fixed the others are still broken, hopefully they will fix some tonight with the maintenance 

Yes, its a horrible binding, the missions list ruins aiming, boosting hold breath when sniping and other things, there are at least 4 bugs with controller at the moment, there are also a couple of other threads in the forum

On 7/4/2019 at 5:55 AM, Chatty said:
  1.  Mission list coded to LB button, resulting in canceling of ADS, cant hold breath, hip aim, or boost cars (It needs to be removed from this binding or turned off)
    GAME BREAKING BUG

2. ADS Speed Bug, when aiming with LT Type B which is hold to aim, there is a 1-2 second delay, in aiming. (too slow to play by the time you aim, you are dead)
    GAME BREAKING BUG

I fixed the ADS speed bug by changing the setting in Steam for the trigger.

I mapped Right Mouse click to the trigger as a Soft Pull and moved the slider more to the left. ADS speed feels as fast as it does on the console.

You might be able to do something similar by mapping Aim to a different key on the keyboard. I tried it on L and that worked fine, though you lose the ability to move left in the columns in your inventory.

But these should just be fixed.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, drummerboy8469 said:

I to have been having this beg.  I have contacted support and they said it was fixed, which it is not.

I just submitted a ticket specifically saying that the first and main bug (Mission List LB) was fixed and then broken again in June. Waiting on a reply.

On 7/4/2019 at 7:55 AM, Chatty said:

ADS Speed Bug, when aiming with LT Type B which is hold to aim, there is a 1-2 second delay, in aiming. (too slow to play by the time you aim, you are dead)

GAME BREAKING BUG

Personally I've found that the delay is about 200-300ms, based on my best guess, maybe a little more. It's definitely a problem that can be easily noticed when switched from Type B to A, but for me it's easily less than a full second. I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out, but now that I know it's actually pretty obvious.

the delay in type b makes this game unable to play if you are a controller player that uses type b.  I dont like to change things in steam controller layout because then you can start seeing conflicts in the way steam wants to control the game vs native pc controls.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:00 AM, BoiLiNG-PoiNT- said:

I just submitted a ticket specifically saying that the first and main bug (Mission List LB) was fixed and then broken again in June. Waiting on a reply.

Personally I've found that the delay is about 200-300ms, based on my best guess, maybe a little more. It's definitely a problem that can be easily noticed when switched from Type B to A, but for me it's easily less than a full second. I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out, but now that I know it's actually pretty obvious.

When the season pass time period was finished the missions list was gone because there were no current missions, maybe this is the small change you saw?

On 7/13/2019 at 6:22 AM, matthejl said:

the delay in type b makes this game unable to play if you are a controller player that uses type b.  I dont like to change things in steam controller layout because then you can start seeing conflicts in the way steam wants to control the game vs native pc controls.

I agree, the base game and bugs need fixing and we shouldnt have to do it, especially when it can cause problems with conflicts 

Edited by Chatty

When will these be fixed?  considering there has been multiple hot fixes to console and pc versions of the game for other bugs... 

I can confirm with happiness that some of the controller bugs have been fixed on the new 4.1 test server patch!

So far they have fixed the Missions list LB binding, so you can now use the LB  button for aiming and shooting again without it cancelling aim, and they have fixed the ADS delay! which is great! 

The 2 remaining bugs are

1. Inventory Bug, when scrolling through inventory with Right Stick ( up or down the looting tabs) the character model is also moving, looking up and down, ( this changes character position when looting and makes it difficult to react to situations when looting, and definitely screws up in game orientation)

2. Map Bug, as with number 1, when the map is open, to mark the map with the Right stick you have to scroll across the map up and down left and right... This results in the character model turning in all directions and looking up and down...  If you auto running in game, or driving, or parachuting the character turns...  ( It's impossible to map mark and parachute accurately at the start of the game because when trying to mark the map, the character turns and the chute direction changes drastically.  Ruining early game)