clarkeeo

FPS stuttering spikes

Posted (edited)

After the last update I've been getting some game breaking FPS stutters where the game drops to 0 frames for anywhere up to 3 seconds, whilst this happens, the PUBG diagnostics red icon comes up, the one that looks like a red stop watch symbol with a question mark at the top right of it.

No idea what this could be as it happens when I'm running the game with everything set to very low on a high end PC.

PUBG:

name: Clarkeo

region: EU

PC specs:

CPU: i9-7900X CPU @ 4.3GHz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

RAM: 32 GB

On average the game will sit around 180 FPS and only recently since the last update i have got this problem, the game still runs on average at that FPS but now with the FPS stutters.

I tend to see this more when there is a lot of people around or when i am moving fast, e.g. flick to an enemy and start firing or jumping and turning around.

I have checked all my drivers are up to date, I've checked my temperature during the game runs, I've checked my connection, I've checked playing other games, all of these are fine which leads me to believe it is PUBG.

I've got around 1200 hours on the game and this is the first I've experienced it.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks

Edited by clarkeeo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yep, there Are already 20 topics About this in the last 3 days, the anticheat update (80MB) broke the game.

Thanks for Posting, the more people Post, the Faster they will fix it.

Its Not your PC dont worry.

Edited by Itssladenlol
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, clarkeeo said:

I've got around 1200 hours on the game and this is the first I've experienced it.

1800+ hours here, and the first time I've ever experienced anything like this. It was an update that did it. Literally nothing has changed in my computer for several months. No software installs, no hardware changes, no windows updates. All of a sudden this insane stuttering starts right after an update 1-2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 9:07 PM, meandub said:

1800+ hours here, and the first time I've ever experienced anything like this. It was an update that did it. Literally nothing has changed in my computer for several months. No software installs, no hardware changes, no windows updates. All of a sudden this insane stuttering starts right after an update 1-2 weeks ago.

It was update #30. You gained ledge grab in exchange for about 80 FPS. 

• Haha 1

ive been randomly dropping to 50 fps with whatever it was that downloaded last. it wasn't the actual update, but a hotfix or something. though honestly the update itself sorta fucked the dog too.

i've got a 2080ti and playing at 1440. i shouldn't be anywhere near 100 fps, let alone under it.

• Like 1

This is happening to several of us, especially on Vikendi. We vary in cards from 1080ti, 2070 and 2080 card with different high end processors. All of us have lowered our settings, which we certainly shouldn't need to do and it still does it. We can go from about 200FPS to less than 20 for no reason.

it is certainly tied to the last patch being much worse, but it has always done it to some extent.

2 hours ago, LuckImpaired said:

This is happening to several of us, especially on Vikendi. We vary in cards from 1080ti, 2070 and 2080 card with different high end processors. All of us have lowered our settings, which we certainly shouldn't need to do and it still does it. We can go from about 200FPS to less than 20 for no reason.

it is certainly tied to the last patch being much worse, but it has always done it to some extent.

^ this. 

But i dont expect Them to fix it, they have no clue what they are doing.

Its been like this since 4 weeks and no fix. 

i also have stuttering issues since march but now is unplayable ...

For me it all started on patch 28 fps stutter ramdom

crash on both my intel and amd system, 1080ti and a 1070

Try this it helped me a ton.

No stuttering and spikes anymore.

8700K and 1080ti here

When you enter the game just altab and go to task manager > details > TSLgame and set priority to high.

Play pubg

Edited by cartercod2

18 hours ago, cartercod2 said:

Try this it helped me a ton.

No stuttering and spikes anymore.

8700K and 1080ti here

When you enter the game just altab and go to task manager > details > TSLgame and set priority to high.

Play pubg

its already on high priority... doesnt help ...

well ive been experiencing stutter and random crashes since patch 28, like many other suggested i did reinstall my network adapter driver, i also decided to reinstall pubg on my regular sata 3 ssd instead of my nvme, my game stop crashing since then, but i was still getting random stutter. i decided to move my page file from my nvme ssd to my regular sata 3 ssd, i almost have no more stutter, an almost perfect flat line in frame time, i dont know if my plextor m8pe is giving on me or its the game that has trouble wiith nvme because before patch 28 everything was fine, but here are two video of an almost flat line for frame time

I'm bumping this thread as well. I'm running an ASUS TUF FX505...Ryzen 7, 1660ti, 16gb ram. I hadn't played the game in about a week or two, but came home and it noticed this issue had started up. 

This budget laptop will run 100+ fps typically and 70+ fps while in battle. Every 15 minutes (I don't know the exact time frame), it will drop to 10 or less fps for 5 seconds. At first it would come up with the "Latency Variation" symbol. Network diagnostics are displayed and show good ping and packet transfer. Hardwired or on Wifi it will do this. I can't seem to pin it down to an in game event that could be causing it either.

I reinstalled the game, checked all drivers for updates...guess I could uninstall them and reinstall. I have spent some time in Event Viewer and saw a couple things that are throwing errors around the time frame i'm playing. Something with AMD Display something or other is trying to install some program. I deleted that program but it still happens. Priority is also set to Very High. Tweaking and testing for the day has lead to some improvements but it's not completely gone. 

Looking for help and ideas to fix this. Seems like a current issue which makes me feel at least a little better. Upside...testing has made my solo game a little better for what its worth. lol.