santimaster2000

Resolution / Fullscreen Bug

I'm on a laptop (Gigabyte P35X V6), I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits with the latest updates and the latest nVidia driver.

After the last update my game doesn't let me change the resolution and it just doesn't go into fullscreen mode, I normally run my desktop on 1024 X 768 and the game on 1920 X 1080, but now, even if I change my desktop resolution to 1920 X 1080, the game just doesn't show any resolution on the options, it's just blank, and even tho it says it's on fullscreen I know it's on borderless because the performance it's terrible.

Something that maybe it's relevant since the last 2 or 3 updates before this one, everytime I launched the game, this same thing would happen, and it would be fixed by just closing the game and launching it again, but now that doesn't work.

I've tried resetting my ingame settings, using the "Recommended settings" from nVidia Experience AFTER doing a clean reset of my ingame settings but nothing seems to fix the issue.

I really would like to have at least the chance to roll back the previous small patch, because this is ruining my gaming routine, I keep loosing Duo and Squad partners because every time I am out of comission for a bug, I just get replaced or the person/persons just stop playing the game altogeter.

Anyway, thanks in advance for reading this and I hope I can get a fix soon.

I have the same problem as you. Was able to go fullscreen before the latest patch by relaunching the game over and over again, but that doesn't work anymore. So not gonna bother even playing, since it really is unplayable.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, santimaster2000 said:

I'm on a laptop (Gigabyte P35X V6), I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits with the latest updates and the latest nVidia driver.

After the last update my game doesn't let me change the resolution and it just doesn't go into fullscreen mode, I normally run my desktop on 1024 X 768 and the game on 1920 X 1080, but now, even if I change my desktop resolution to 1920 X 1080, the game just doesn't show any resolution on the options, it's just blank, and even tho it says it's on fullscreen I know it's on borderless because the performance it's terrible.

Something that maybe it's relevant since the last 2 or 3 updates before this one, everytime I launched the game, this same thing would happen, and it would be fixed by just closing the game and launching it again, but now that doesn't work.

I've tried resetting my ingame settings, using the "Recommended settings" from nVidia Experience AFTER doing a clean reset of my ingame settings but nothing seems to fix the issue.

I really would like to have at least the chance to roll back the previous small patch, because this is ruining my gaming routine, I keep loosing Duo and Squad partners because every time I am out of comission for a bug, I just get replaced or the person/persons just stop playing the game altogeter.

Anyway, thanks in advance for reading this and I hope I can get a fix soon.

3 hours ago, BrokenPUBG said:

I have the same problem as you. Was able to go fullscreen before the latest patch by relaunching the game over and over again, but that doesn't work anymore. So not gonna bother even playing, since it really is unplayable.

[Dell XPS laptop, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i5, GTX1060 with all drivers up to date.]

I just signed up on this forum to report this annoying bug.

Just like @santimaster2000 and @BrokenPUBG, I'm experiencing the same issue.

No options to select resolution in fullscreen mode drop down menu in game settings.

Struck on some low resolution like 720p or something and the game is not at all playable with so much stuttering and lag.

Closing and relaunching the game would fix this issue(except the lag or stuttering) *before the latest update, but this workaround is not at all working anymore.

Tried uninstalling, performed registry clean up with ccleaner and windows clean up. And reinstalled fresh downloading whole 50GB on my crappy bandwidth speed with no luck.

PS.

Other games work just fine as they are supposed to be.

I'm left with no game until this issue is fixed.

Hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks.

Edited by AlphaKilo009
added laptop specs

Hello players,

Thanks for letting us know!

This has been forwarded to the Dev team for furhter Investigation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PUBG_Sheepy said:

Hello players,

Thanks !!!

2 hours ago, PUBG_Sheepy said:

Hello players,

Thank you very much.

Update: My issue solved.

After updating to the latest patch/update. I got a back to back error message saying

ERROR

Connection failed

Reconnect.

Then I did a file integrity check and found out 3 files were missing. Then after checking again after 5 minutes it acquired all the missing files. Then upon launching the game again, to my surprise it started and is now working like it is supposed to be. All the resolution options are available and working both for fullscreeen mode and windowed mode also.

PS.

I didn't have to scale down my windows resolution scaling down to 100%. It's now working fine with my 125% (recommended) scaling also. The taskbar icon is also fixed.

Hope it will be fixed for everyone having this problem.

Screenshots attached.

IMG_20190626_141130133_HDR.jpg.4dbcfbfe5a02e65a2f8df6b3bfd4da51.jpgIMG_20190626_141238796_HDR.jpg.6d0a44089e6903177b0c413de98048b3.jpgIMG_20190626_141254475_HDR.jpg.15a619eba4756130677900f0e5b34c3d.jpg63947872_Screenshot(47).png.aed02661bad01c8357f683df05f17d06.png

• Thanks 1