Smack

"High fan" and overheating since latest update.

Since the latest update (the new UI and new season pass) my Xbox One X struggles to run this game. When sitting in the lobby, out in the water, or being around smoke, the fan on my xbox runs full blast. My xbox has also shutdown due to overheating twice. Here is the kicker, my xbox runs completely cool and the fan never kicks in for any other game -- only pubg.

This is an Xbox One X with the game running on an external SSD.

The problem is so bad, I'm surprised there wasn't already a long list of complaints.

• Like 1

2 months old xbox x + ssd here. I can confirm the same situation, fan goes crazy with pubg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one.

My xbox one x is 6 months old. Dust free environment, no pets, no smokers. My xbox is clean and clear yet pubg is making it overheat.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, Smack said:

Since the latest update (the new UI and new season pass) my Xbox One X struggles to run this game. When sitting in the lobby, out in the water, or being around smoke, the fan on my xbox runs full blast. My xbox has also shutdown due to overheating twice. Here is the kicker, my xbox runs completely cool and the fan never kicks in for any other game -- only pubg.

The problem is so bad, I'm surprised there wasn't already a long list of complaints.

Hi, If your Xbox is shutting down due to overheating you should reach out to Xbox support on the page below regarding this issue.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Posted (edited)

It has overheated twice playing this game and this game only. No other game even runs warm. This game causes the fan to go crazy. The issue is unique to pubg. I have contacted xbox regarding the issue and they pushed back saying that I should notify the makers of the game -- since the issue was unique to the game itself.

What do you suggest I say to them now? That its not pubg and that they should fix my not broken xbox? Seriously, I'm asking.

Do me a favor and play pubg on an xbox one x with no headphones on so you can listen to what the console sounds like while you play. Especially in smoke nades. Even listen to the sound of the fan increase as you go from the title screen to the lobby. There is clearly an issue here.

Also please note, this was not an issue prior to the latest update. Your latest round of rendering optimization has had some kind of unintended consequence.

Edited by Smack

On 6/25/2019 at 3:18 AM, Smack said:

It has overheated twice playing this game and this game only. No other game even runs warm. This game causes the fan to go crazy. The issue is unique to pubg. I have contacted xbox regarding the issue and they pushed back saying that I should notify the makers of the game -- since the issue was unique to the game itself.

What do you suggest I say to them now? That its not pubg and that they should fix my not broken xbox? Seriously, I'm asking.

Do me a favor and play pubg on an xbox one x with no headphones on so you can listen to what the console sounds like while you play. Especially in smoke nades. Even listen to the sound of the fan increase as you go from the title screen to the lobby. There is clearly an issue here.

Also please note, this was not an issue prior to the latest update. Your latest round of rendering optimization has had some kind of unintended consequence.

Hi, I have an Xbox one X and can hear the fans with many games but it has never shut down due to overheating.  We've previously spoken with Microsoft about this and you'll need to report this issue via the Xbox Insider Hub App:

You can download the app here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub

How to submit a report:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi, I have an Xbox one X and can hear the fans with many games but it has never shut down due to overheating.  We've previously spoken with Microsoft about this and you'll need to report this issue via the Xbox Insider Hub App:

You can download the app here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub

How to submit a report:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

Thanks!

Can you tell me what other games you’re playing where the fans are comparable to pubg, I’d like to download a couple and see. Thanks!

i have submitted the issue via the hub app as you requested but, I already did the same thing directly through Xbox support. I’ll let you know what they say.

Edited by Smack

On 6/21/2019 at 4:25 PM, Smack said:

My x hasn’t performed well bc of high fan since I started on pubg bro which resulted in my Xbox x having sound issues my main issues were my bluetooth audio and controller staying connected it would cut out my controller and or headset and people would claim I sounded like a robot or cut out as I spoke but to solve that I am wired into my Xbox which sucks but it is what it is I’m out of warranty date but I can say pubg caused the issue in my Xbox overheating back when the sounds where extremely loud etc I 100% of the time hear my fan on my x while playing pubg