Coming to us soon(ish)........ exploding gas cans!

Someone mentioned this recently 👍....apologies if this has been mentioned already

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I don't mind most of what was mentioned in the notes but I do not like the call out system or ping thing. I also don't know how I feel about the gas cans. It sounds cool and pretty neat and all, but I hope at least you have to pick them up and drop them before they explode. I hope you can't just shoot a spawned gas can and it explodes. 

Edited by VinnieB

6 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

I don't mind most of what was mentioned in the notes but I do not like the call out system or ping thing. I also don't know how I feel about the gas cans. It sounds cool and pretty neat and all, but I hope at least you have to pick them up and drop them before they explode. I hope you can't just shoot a spawned gas can and it explodes. 

You don't need to prime the gas can.  They can be blown up if they have spawned or been placed by a player after being hit with multiple shots.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

You don't need to prime the gas can.  They can be blown up if they have spawned or been placed by a player after being hit with multiple shots.

Not so sure how I feel about that then. 

Multiple shots? The video I watched only showed it took 1 shot to blow up. 

Edited by VinnieB

5 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Not so sure how I feel about that then. 

Multiple shots? The video I watched only showed it took 1 shot to blow up. 

Which video are you referring to?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

The one posted here.

Would the team be willing to rework this idea? Maybe have it so a few shots sets the gas can on fire, and either a second or two later the can will explode or the next shot will make it explode? 

8 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

6 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

The one posted here.

Would the team be willing to rework this idea? Maybe have it so a few shots sets the gas can on fire, and either a second or two later the can will explode or the next shot will make it explode? 

Skip to 6:30 in the video, one shot is exploding them. 

It's just going to be a campers dream. I can see this being the end of PUBG for me. They'll have cans by the doors waiting for you to walk in. 

Edited by VinnieB
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, dopestone1 said:

Yassssss!

Yeah I'm down with this. Quite enjoy the idea of pulling off a through a window snipe shot on a gas can

There's no video.

The youtube link to Wacky Jacky's.....i think

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Yeah I'm down with this. Quite enjoy the idea of pulling off a through a window snipe shot on a gas can

Eh, what's next? If you shoot someone in the bag and they're carrying a gas can, do they explode? 

Edited by VinnieB

8 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

I like this... once a can has been hit, allow a few seconds before the explosion... maybe an audio cue 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Skip to 6:30....

I watched this live.  WJ had already shot these gas cans 3 times each prior to taking the last shot.

• Like 4

Just now, VinnieB said:

Eh, what's next? If you shot someone in the bag and they're carrying a gas can, do they explode? 

Haha, i think you can extrapolate most things out to the nth degree and find something you don't like.

I can't help but like the possibilities that an exploding trap opens up.

I can't wait for the BRDM-2 👀

IMG_20190619_200619.jpg

Yes, looks awesome. Was it 6 man?

3 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Haha, i think you can extrapolate most things out to the nth degree and find something you don't like.

I can't help but like the possibilities that an exploding trap opens up.

Like I said, I think it's a cool idea but I also think it's going to be OP. So it's going to take 4 shots for the cans to explode. So you shot all your cans you're going to carry 3 times then store them in your bag. Find a building to camp and line up your cans on the doors and wait for someone to walk in. This is going to cater the camping style players. 

2 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Like I said, I think it's a cool idea but I also think it's going to be OP. So it's going to take 4 shots for the cans to explode. So you shot all your cans you're going to carry 3 times then store them in your bag. Find a building to camp and line up your cans on the doors and wait for someone to walk in. This is going to cater the camping style players. 

Once you store the can in your inventory the health restores to full meaning that you will have to shoot them all again.

3 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Yes, looks awesome. Was it 6 man?

It's a 4 man.

Just now, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Once you store the can in your inventory they restore all their health meaning that you will have to shoot them again.

So then you just shoot them 3 times when you place them. This needs to be reworked, it may make some good clips and highlights but I'm telling you it's going to be OP. 

If you are able to pick them back up after you "primed" them with 3 shots, maybe change that? Have it so you can't once the can has been shot one time? Make it looked damaged so you know it's been shot at but hasn't exploded.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

So then you just shoot them 3 times when you place them. This needs to be reworked, it may make some good clips and highlights but I'm telling you it's going to be OP. 

If you are able to pick them back up after you "primed" them with 3 shots, maybe change that? Have it so you can't once the can has been shot one time? Make it looked damaged so you know it's been shot at but hasn't exploded.  

Can imagine people lining up a few infront of doorways whilst camping if it means a single shot can finish off pre primed cans. They chain react if close enough so would stop anybody getting to you in a house

1 minute ago, Prinzar said:

Can imagine people lining up a few infront of doorways whilst camping if it means a single shot can finish off pre primed cans. They chain react if close enough so would stop anybody getting to you in a house

It also acts as a giant red flag saying "campers in here" 😂

• Like 1

Just now, MajorClagNut said:

It also acts as a giant red flag saying "campers in here" 😂

Won't know until you open a door tho, it'll be too late by then.