Jack_Burton

Died again jumping when I wanted to vault

Sigh

This one really chaps me.  Vault needs to be a different button/command than jump.

PLEASE.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NathHolloran said:

Even a tap to jump/hold to vault could probably work 

I’d settle for anything lol

I feel your pain the amount of times I’m climbing obstacles (walls, fences and boxes) it sometimes vaults and sometimes I stop on top of the wall and there’s literally no way to tell which it is going to do till it happens 

1 hour ago, NathHolloran said:

Pretty sure X would work fine. We already use it for doors anyway. I cant think of a single time I've been vaulting and had anything lootable nearby.

• Like 1

Pubg dev vid I watched thismorning May introduce changing of mapping for this, there having running jump grabs in the future. If we all ask nicely.... Ya never know. 

4 hours ago, NathHolloran said:

The vaulting should be like blackops smooth and fast

7 hours ago, RackemUp187 said:

The vaulting should be like blackops smooth and fast

This games movement is meant to feel slow and clunky. You've got 2 rifles on your back, a bag full of ammo and stuff, a bulletproof vest and helmet, grenades on your utility belt etc and you think you should be able to somersault over a 6 foot wall in half a second?  🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

Really needs to be a change to this. Also, taking damage from jumping from a car needs to be changed to be like when you parachute - you should be able to roll and avoid damage at certain speeds.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NathHolloran said:

Good idea!!

17 hours ago, NathHolloran said:

100% it could work.

3 hours ago, LarryTheDavid said:

Really needs to be a change to this. Also, taking damage from jumping from a car needs to be changed to be like when you parachute - you should be able to roll and avoid damage at certain speeds.

You already have this. At less than 30 kph you dont take damage. 

Having an animation would take away from our tactical options- jumping out at speeds to surprise engage... But I think the animation would improve the immersion of the game. Imagine hopping out and rolling into a ducking ADS combat position! That would be hot!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

You already have this. At less than 30 kph you dont take damage. 

Having an animation would take away from our tactical options- jumping out at speeds to surprise engage... But I think the animation would improve the immersion of the game. Imagine hopping out and rolling into a ducking ADS combat position! That would be hot!

Oh, didn't realize 30kph was the limit - statement redacted. I don't care much about the animation as much as taking damage. I've had so many times when I jump from a car going too fast and take a ton of damage that feels unnecessary. I don't know the quantitative metrics though so maybe it's already fair and I'm just complaining.

Roll into ADS would be sweet though lol.

16 hours ago, LarryTheDavid said:

Oh, didn't realize 30kph was the limit - statement redacted. I don't care much about the animation as much as taking damage. I've had so many times when I jump from a car going too fast and take a ton of damage that feels unnecessary. I don't know the quantitative metrics though so maybe it's already fair and I'm just complaining.

Roll into ADS would be sweet though lol.

Try jumping from a car in real life 😛

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Try jumping from a car in real life 😛

I think it's safe to say we accept some sort of middle ground between what's based in reality and what's not in this game. They make this game as real as possible with some exceptions: healing after being shot, a blue wall chasing you, sprinting for miles, etc. and I'd like jumping out of cars to be one of those exceptions in the form of taking less damage.

Also jumping out of a car at a high speed is one thing but jumping out of a boat I will argue to the bone should not take damage. Has anyone ever been wake boarding? Water skiing? Intertubing? On a boat at all? People not only crash into the water at high speeds in all these sports, but expect to hit the water at high speeds. I've jumped out of boats personally at high speeds just for fun and it's not like people are standing around wondering if I'm dead - it's more just a hassle to turn around and pick the person up.

Edited by LarryTheDavid

4 minutes ago, LarryTheDavid said:

I think it's safe to say we accept some sort of middle ground between what's based in reality and what's not in this game. They make this game as real as possible with some exceptions: healing after being shot, a blue wall chasing you, sprinting for miles, etc. and I'd like jumping out of cars to be one of those exceptions in the form of taking less damage.

Also jumping out of a car at a high speed is one thing but jumping out of a boat I will argue to the bone should not take damage. Has anyone ever been wake boarding? Water skiing? Intertubing? On a boat at all? People not only crash into the water at high speeds in all these sports, but expect to hit the water at high speeds. I've jumped out of boats personally at high speeds just for fun and it's not like people are standing around wondering if I'm dead - it's more just a hassle to turn around and pick the person up.

I agree with you regarding the boat-jump damage but i do feel you should take quite hefty damage jumping out of a vehicle at anything beyond 20 mph.

The thing i don't like is the amount of damage you take when you crash a vehicle at lower speeds, especially when hitting "invisible" bumps in the terrain. I watch PC players regularly slam vehicles into walls/houses at high speed without taking any damage, try that on xbox and you get a free trip back to the lobby.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 8:41 AM, NathHolloran said:

This games movement is meant to feel slow and clunky. You've got 2 rifles on your back, a bag full of ammo and stuff, a bulletproof vest and helmet, grenades on your utility belt etc and you think you should be able to somersault over a 6 foot wall in half a second?  🤷‍♂️

Yes ive done it in real life, i was in the military. Its not like its a big main pack on his back

36 minutes ago, RackemUp187 said:

Yes ive done it in real life, i was in the military. Its not like its a big main pack on his back

I'm a veteran as well I call BS, nobody is humping all their gear and two weapons and jumping 6 ft fences smoothly. 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:11 PM, Jack_Burton said:

Sigh

This one really chaps me.  Vault needs to be a different button/command than jump.

PLEASE.

Hmmm...not in game at the moment but pretty sure you can setup jump and vault to separate buttons already.  Jump and vault are both space by default but you can separate them out.

1 minute ago, Blackwings_tv said:

Hmmm...not in game at the moment but pretty sure you can setup jump and vault to separate buttons already.  Jump and vault are both space by default but you can separate them out.

This is the console forum 🤔

17 hours ago, Blackwings_tv said:

Not on Xbox unfortunately.  I hope custom button bindings come to console eventually.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:54 PM, cgeorgemo70 said:

I'm a veteran as well I call BS, nobody is humping all their gear and two weapons and jumping 6 ft fences smoothly. 

Lol ok