Snook

7.62 Takes up too much backpack space currently, forcing a meta of 5.56 to be too predominant. (7.62 Uses 0.7 Space, 5.56 Uses 0.5 Space https://some-stuff.com/pubg-inventory-backpack-space-explained/) = 40% Increase.

Given that all guns are relatively well balanced now, what is the point of penalizing 7.62 gun users so significantly by 40% by making the ammo take up significantly more space?

It does not make sense since weapon balances, and the game would be much more fun with more variety if ammo were equal in space used.

Considering the AK, SKS and SLR in general do less DPS than the 5.56 weapons as it is, why is there such a disadvantage to taking a 7.62 Weapon forced upon us?

Fix the ammo space pretty please!

• Like 2
  • RIP 2

Posted (edited)

I don't mind having a full 7.62 loadout, but a 5.56 and a 7.62 is a nightmare, you are either too low on both, or WAY too low on one of them (except if you're running an SR).

Sure, it depends on playstyle, but I hate sitting in one place, so I burn a lot of ammo, and I rarely loot (due to most kills being long-range or badly positioned). Having two 5.56 weapons is my meta, you can easily stack up ~400 spare which is good for such gameplay.

While I agree that it makes sense for the 7.62 to take up more inv space, I also agree that it is a bit problematic if you like to spray both your AR and DMR. ~150 spare for each is just not enough.

Edited by fSucee
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fSucee said:

I don't mind having a full 7.62 loadout, but a 5.56 and a 7.62 is a nightmare, you are either too low on both, or WAY too low on one of them (except if you're running an SR).

Sure, it depends on playstyle, but I hate sitting in one place, so I burn a lot of ammo, and I rarely loot (due to most kills being long-range or badly positioned). Having two 5.56 weapons is my meta, you can easily stack up ~400 spare which is good for such gameplay.

While I agree that it makes sense for the 7.62 to take up more inv space, I also agree that it is a bit problematic if you like to spray both your AR and DMR. ~150 spare for each is just not enough.

How many frags are you carrying?

2 minutes ago, BennyVAsian said:

How many frags are you carrying?

Not many. 2 max., plus 2-3 smokes. Those are essential though, not having any of either type is always a disadvantage.

10 minutes ago, fSucee said:

If im running both a 556 and a 762 rifle I try to carry an even reload amount for each (120, 150 or 160 with an extended mag). I'm always looking to drop the extra AR for a DMR or SR then I will drop the extra ammo. If you're planning to have enough engagements that you need "all" the ammo you can let your victims "loot" for you. 

I also prefer to run all 762 if possible AKM/Kar9 is my setup. The increased damage payout is worth the restricted ammo storage. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, IamBuiltForSin said:

I also prefer to run all 762 if possible AKM/Kar9 is my setup. The increased damage payout is worth the restricted ammo storage. 

^ what he said.

This is why 7.62 is much heavier as well, it has so much power.

People carry way too much ammo most of the time anyway.

• Like 1

150 7.62 for the ak for close engagements and about 180-200 556 for the mid-long engagements with m4+4x, bim bam bom bocadillo de atun. Lootboxes almost always has both of the ammo types so theres not really any danger and incase im running low on 762 and theres more 556 in lootboxes, swap it out!

16 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

^ what he said.

This is why 7.62 is much heavier as well, it has so much power.

People carry way too much ammo most of the time anyway.

It actually doesn't though.

This is a myth in game. Objectively, in the hands of skilled equal operators, the DPS (Damage Per Second) of 556 weapons is superior when on point (Google whacky jacky DPS youtube). thats why 762 being 40% heavier makes no sense with 'balanced weapons' across the game. It should change.

Also the realism argument, i like that for certain aspects of games, but there is a limit. Practically, it makes no sense. PUBG isn't that realistic, you dont run out of breath running... etc. You get the point... :) It needs to still be 'fun' and 'balanced' rather than totally 'realistic'

13 minutes ago, Snook said:

This is a myth in game. Objectively, in the hands of skilled equal operators, the DPS (Damage Per Second) of 556 weapons is superior when on point (Google whacky jacky DPS youtube). thats why 762 being 40% heavier makes no sense with 'balanced weapons' across the game. It should change.

Also the realism argument, i like that for certain aspects of games, but there is a limit. Practically, it makes no sense. PUBG isn't that realistic, you dont run out of breath running... etc. You get the point... :) It needs to still be 'fun' and 'balanced' rather than totally 'realistic'

Fun and balanced? There are "other" BR style games 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Snook said:

You might be right, I'll take your word for it on the DPS because I can't be bothered to look it up 🤣

You don't need to tell me about realism (or a lack of). I'm strongly of the opinion that playability, fun and entertainment must come first.

57 minutes ago, MrSoggyWaffle25 said:

I have no problem carrying 200 rounds of 7.62 along with meds and a few nades

Agreed, kill people take their loot, rinse and repeat

• Like 2

This has never been an issue for me. 

Weapon balancing will inevitably change. I appreciate the realism of the ammo at least. 

• Like 1

7s being heavy is only a problem with a lvl 1 backpack. After that its very manageable.

He wants to be able to carry 400+ rounds of 7.62

I nearly always run 5.56 AR with an AK or Beryl / Mutant but only until I find a DMR or Sniper, then I can drop the surplus.

You can’t have everything, it’s part of the game to compromise your inventory and work with what you have.

Pisses me off when people complain and try to push for changing the game to spoon feed everything you need for any situation. It’s hard, it’s unfair sometimes..... deal with it.

• Like 5

You don't need to have over 100 rounds of 7.62 or 5.56 because you are either going to lose (back to lobby) or win and loot what you just spent.  In squads you might carry a bit more if you need to carry your mates.

With other ammo types you should stock up because it is more rare your enemy will be using them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, IamBuiltForSin said:

Maybe because the rounds are larger and heavier? 

7-62nato-vs-5-56nato.jpg

Thats the issue with making 7.62 ammo all inclusive. Not all 7.62 is 7.62x51 in game. 

image1.webp

11 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

I nearly always run 5.56 AR with an AK or Beryl / Mutant but only until I find a DMR or Sniper, then I can drop the surplus.

You can’t have everything, it’s part of the game to compromise your inventory and work with what you have.

Pisses me off when people complain and try to push for changing the game to spoon feed everything you need for any situation. It’s hard, it’s unfair sometimes..... deal with it.

^this

53 minutes ago, Braydenmaine22 said:

Thats the issue with making 7.62 ammo all inclusive. Not all 7.62 is 7.62x51 in game.

What's the alternative? Having different 7.62 for each weapon?

Finding the right ammo for your weapon would be frustrating beyond belief. It would be wank.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

Actually no, this isn't it.

I'd just like to be able to carry more than 200 7.62 rounds when running AK/SLR/SKS Combo's.

To have a few grenades, smokes, meds etc. you can't do this even with a level 3 backpack let alone a level 2.

If you are good at positioning, you will end up in great spots where you can easily expell 100-200 rounds in a few minutes blowing up rotations and shooting at people who are just running in the open funneling into the zone. I can carry 300+ 556 and do this, and it's even easier to do this with 556 as well (Spray cars, tap people with a mini etc.)

So why penalize 7.62 users for wanting to do this? Give me more space! This encourages variety, not just pickup the mini/m4 every time and have 50% more ammo available by default. Its just stupid and unbalanced for no reason. It's pointless, just make them the same so the game is more consistent and balanced with loot combo. Servers at a high ELO level are just full of 556 predominantly and the opportunity is there to spread this out more by changing the core reason decent players don't use 7.62 as often.

Edited by Snook

5 hours ago, Snook said:

Actually no, this isn't it.

I'd just like to be able to carry more than 200 7.62 rounds when running AK/SLR/SKS Combo's.

To have a few grenades, smokes, meds etc. you can't do this even with a level 3 backpack let alone a level 2.

If you are good at positioning, you will end up in great spots where you can easily expell 100-200 rounds in a few minutes blowing up rotations and shooting at people who are just running in the open funneling into the zone. I can carry 300+ 556 and do this, and it's even easier to do this with 556 as well (Spray cars, tap people with a mini etc.)

So why penalize 7.62 users for wanting to do this? Give me more space! This encourages variety, not just pickup the mini/m4 every time and have 50% more ammo available by default. Its just stupid and unbalanced for no reason. It's pointless, just make them the same so the game is more consistent and balanced with loot combo. Servers at a high ELO level are just full of 556 predominantly and the opportunity is there to spread this out more by changing the core reason decent players don't use 7.62 as often.

I’m assuming you’re really bad at this game or something because it sounds like you never loot bodies. I’ll rock an SKS and AKM combo with 100 or so spare rounds and not worry because I know I’m going to go draw some blood from somebody who has 7.62