Sign in to follow this  
JetFalcon

No PUBG in 1-2 weeks

Posted (edited)

So after my Xbox Live ended because it ran out, I simply had no way to get back on PUBG.  But then, I did my best to resist the urge to get back on because PUBG is very addicting and time consuming.  You can't just say I'm going to play a few games of PUBG unless you really don't care to win.  If you have any slight want of winning a chicken dinner, this game is going to be a never ending battle.  You have to lose so many games to eventually get a win.  

Maybe you will die early in the game.  But if you succeed and make it near the end, 20-30 minutes has already passed by.  And then its last 2 and you died b/c you got picked off.  Then go into rage mode and then comes the endless cycle of wanting to win b/c you were so close.  It almost feels like gambling on tilt, where you get so close to winning, you lose, then you start chasing your losses thinking you will win the next one.  Then you just wasted 3-5 hours getting nothing, or maybe one win if you are even lucky.  

Now I feel there is more time in the day not playing PUBG.  I still like the game, but that game is addictive and a huge waste of time.  And its a game that hurts your ego b/c you got so close to winning then you die.  Then you get hooked and you spent hours trying to get a win, and maybe you do get a win, but it took you 4 hours to do so, or you simply have to turn the game off b/c you simply wasted 6 hours getting nothing.  

10 years ago, I played COD4 to MW3 while I was in college.  I had nights where I stayed up all night, and it was the best game to play after class.  At least in COD, I was able to win alot more games consistently since its only being 1 of 8 people if its solo, or 50% chance if teams so everyone gets to win.  But in PUBG, I feel winning is more about being in the right place / right time.  Because you can technically win with 0-1 kills and the last you killed got 10-12 kills but fell victim when you picked him off.  

Edited by JetFalcon
  • Thanks 1

hmm play cod then? But is the win on COD just as rewarding? Not for me. 

Or relax and play the game, so what u dont win? Do some silly challenges

• Like 2

I would free up so much time not playing pubg... and I would be bored as hell! 😂😂 lighten up it's a game, made for entertainment, sounds like you need to chill a bit and just enjoy playing instead of having this stress about winning. It'd a game with 100 players and only 1 wins? Purely the maths in that should tell you something? 

• Like 2

All joking aside... It's quite mad how many literal days/months/years we all put into playing games... I'd never admit to friends or family outside of games 😂 can't see it stopping either... Imagine the full on LAN parties at the old people's home! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I understand the OP's point. 

PUBG is an extremely difficult game to "win" for gamers of average skill like myself.

So I find a couple of other aspects of the game (not just winning) to enjoy.

1. I try to really enjoy each gunfight and the desperate situations that unfold form game to game. 

2. I record each kill and each exciting sequence because I really enjoy editing my PUBG video clips.

So that's how I deal with it - just try to find areas of enjoyment other than winning.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I feel ya man, some of the best games I had, never got past 15'th......hell everytime I run my own personal p18c challenge, it seems I get 4-5 kills and its a small miracle to get those kills, then Im just plinked off after busting my booty or I get cornered by a third party in the distance.

And then there are those games where Im just playing, no real rhyme nor reason, but Ill be danged if I win it and with a respectable 8 or so kills.

Im more inclined to blame those third parties that get involved more than anything. But hey, that's the game. Sometimes you get a free kill, other times you are the free kill. But this is why I like the big maps more than the little ones. Less likely an entire squad of goons hear you duking it out with someone, and then you got to deal with other guns pokeing out of the bushes.

Edited by wizardO3

I hardly ever win, but I still come back because I enjoy playing the game. I've never enjoyed something where I get my ass kicked so consistently (other than golf). Hell, even losing is fun. Even while losing, my friends and I still have a good time. If that wasn't the case, I'm sure we'd be playing something else. I've never understood playing a game for anything other than enjoyment, but that's me. If it isn't enjoyable, what's the point?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stuffedcrust21 said:

All joking aside... It's quite mad how many literal days/months/years we all put into playing games... I'd never admit to friends or family outside of games 😂 can't see it stopping either... Imagine the full on LAN parties at the old people's home! 

It is ridiculous... but the way I look at it, I'm

not doing any harm, not like I’m drinking loads and killing myself or hurting others (Mrs might say otherwise when I play it till 4am and useless the next day cuz I’m too tired) so it’s not the worst kind of addiction 😂 

think i played around 30 days on each modern warefare, but was a lonely game, played with a few friends but never joined any forums or played with many randoms, but met a lot of good people in this forum and just joining randoms in squads/duos.

Great game/great community/slight addiction but better than a heroin addiction. 

I don’t win nearly as much games as any good player does. And I often get top 5 ALOT of the times. But I don’t care to lose anymore. I just move on to the next game. I know there is a lot more people on PUBG that are just better than me, and there’s nothing I can do about that. I can only play once, maybe twice a week, if I’m feeling it.

I know there’s people that play this game religiously so it’s hard to compete against that.  And even if I do get a dinner, I just accept it and move on, like a loss.  Whatever. 

7 hours ago, spanker63 said:

I've never enjoyed something where I get my ass kicked so consistently (other than golf).

That golf statement though  .....and I couldn't agree more

On 6/17/2019 at 5:07 AM, Photon mkUltra said:

I understand the OP's point. 

PUBG is an extremely difficult game to "win" for gamers of average skill like myself.

Yeah, in the sense you must be the top 1% to win for solo as its 1/100 players.  Instead of COD solo matches where it's only top 8-12 players.  

It's now been about a month I've stopped playing.  Even my friend asked if I quit PUBG because he knew I liked to play alot.  

Kinda wanna enjoy myself and not feeling pressured to win a game, PUBG isn't a game I can enjoy casually.  I can't enjoy a game if I die early or get close to winning and die at last 5 alive.  

And since there are no bots, people are very cunning and no one ever gives you an easy kill.  The only become easy kills if they were put in a bad situation out of their control, like being picked off after they survived an intense battle.  I do miss the game though, I will def have alot of fond memories 10 years later, kind of like Halo 3 & COD4-MW2 did 10 years ago.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, blckadr1980 said:

It sounds like war mode then is the mode for you? 

No, it's not the same when you can revive.  Even though it sounds more convenient, you cant replicate that adrenaline rush you get when you take down someone that tried to enter your building.  Or the last kill of the game.  It's like a game of hide and seek, hoping everyone else kills each other off and you can hide as long as you can with minimal battles.  

But unfortunately, if I play with friend list, some of them just want to get kills, like go out of their way to get kills even if there is no benefit to increasing your chances of being last one standing.  And since this game doesn't reward you for most kills, its pointless, as you can still win the game with 0-1 kills while another guy got 8 kills.  I remember one game, it was last 2 survivors, I had a buggie, and drove in circles until I found the last person standing.  He messaged me and told me he had something like 8-9 kills, made it to the end to get run over by me.  

I know what your saying about the feeling. It's all about that first circle and positioning. A lot of strategy comes into play for regular chicken dinners. It's all about rotation and knowing position of your enemies when circles move. You dont need to see them , but if you have heard a gun fight remember where it was from and you will know a direction they will be entering the circle etc etc. Yeah it's a long game 30 mins but rewarding when you win. And that guy that you ran over , well he shouldn't have let you ride round without blowing your vehicle up, he choked and gg to you. This is battle royale , it's about the last man standing regardless of kill count , sometimes it's just as rewarding with 1 kill or 15 

OP, maybe the issue is that your primary goal/enjoyment from PUBG is solely from winning.

Yeah winning is great, but personally I'd rather get 10+ kills than get a win by hiding/sneaking all game with next to no kills. Much more enjoyment from that than simply winning.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, JetFalcon said:

So after my Xbox Live ended because it ran out, I simply had no way to get back on PUBG.  But then, I did my best to resist the urge to get back on because PUBG is very addicting and time consuming.  You can't just say I'm going to play a few games of PUBG unless you really don't care to win.  If you have any slight want of winning a chicken dinner, this game is going to be a never ending battle.  You have to lose so many games to eventually get a win.  

Maybe you will die early in the game.  But if you succeed and make it near the end, 20-30 minutes has already passed by.  And then its last 2 and you died b/c you got picked off.  Then go into rage mode and then comes the endless cycle of wanting to win b/c you were so close.  It almost feels like gambling on tilt, where you get so close to winning, you lose, then you start chasing your losses thinking you will win the next one.  Then you just wasted 3-5 hours getting nothing, or maybe one win if you are even lucky.  

Now I feel there is more time in the day not playing PUBG.  I still like the game, but that game is addictive and a huge waste of time.  And its a game that hurts your ego b/c you got so close to winning then you die.  Then you get hooked and you spent hours trying to get a win, and maybe you do get a win, but it took you 4 hours to do so, or you simply have to turn the game off b/c you simply wasted 6 hours getting nothing.  

10 years ago, I played COD4 to MW3 while I was in college.  I had nights where I stayed up all night, and it was the best game to play after class.  At least in COD, I was able to win alot more games consistently since its only being 1 of 8 people if its solo, or 50% chance if teams so everyone gets to win.  But in PUBG, I feel winning is more about being in the right place / right time.  Because you can technically win with 0-1 kills and the last you killed got 10-12 kills but fell victim when you picked him off.  

You have articulated almost exactly how I feel about this game. 

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. It sucks me in and I get addicted, trying to secure the chicken. I can’t put it down until I get it. Even when I do set it down for a moment, I’m thinking about the game constantly. 

It’s been particularly more difficult to get the “fix” in my opinion because I suspect the player base is way down and we are left with just the hardcores on xbox right now.  I think PC numbers hover around 300k a day, down from 2-3 million in December 2017. I can only imagine Xbox numbers....does anyone know?? This makes the win that much more elusive and more frustrating yet addicting in ways.

I won a game about 4 weeks ago and then walked away from it until very recently. After 2 or 3 close matches and no chicken, I feel like I’m back on the treadmill.  While away, I feel like I was a lot more productive in other aspects of my life and I didn’t have any guilt about wasting away hours and hours on the game as well.

Everyone is different but I think the best thing from me is to probably stay away from the game, I think the negatives outweigh the positives for me. Again, to each there own. 

Edited by shaggy10

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, HybridGT said:

OP, maybe the issue is that your primary goal/enjoyment from PUBG is solely from winning.

Yeah winning is great, but personally I'd rather get 10+ kills than get a win by hiding/sneaking all game with next to no kills. Much more enjoyment from that than simply winning.

If I got 10 kills, then got killed being the last 2-3 alive, I would be SOOOO angry.  Just to think I was unstoppable the entire game, then get picked off and die. 

I only kill if I have to, or very low risk like sniping them in an open field while I have cover.  Only if it benefits me to keep people away from my hiding spot.  

Edited by JetFalcon

5 minutes ago, shaggy10 said:

You have articulated almost exactly how I feel about this game. 

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. It sucks me in and I get addicted, trying to secure the chicken. I can’t put it down until I get it. Even when I do set it down for a moment, I’m thinking about the game constantly. 

Everyone is different but I think the best thing from me is to probably stay away from the game, I think the negatives outweigh the positives for me. Again, to each there own. 

Yes same, when I'm away from the game, I start thinking about it, like I'm playing it even though I'm not.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JetFalcon said:

If I got 10 kills, then got killed being the last 2-3 alive, I would be SOOOO angry.  Just to think I was unstoppable the entire game, then get picked off and die. 

I only kill if I have to, or very low risk like sniping them in an open field while I have cover.  Only if it benefits me to keep people away from my hiding spot.  

That sounds to me like that's the source of the problem. Playing it safe and low risk can be stressful. Relax and don't get angry.

Chasing kills is way more fun to me than solely aiming to win. Try going for a different primary objective - deleting people 🤣

If you get a win out of it, so be it. If not, at least you've made others queue again and waste all that time lol

Edited by HybridGT

23 minutes ago, HybridGT said:

That sounds to me like that's the source of the problem. Playing it safe and low risk can be stressful. Relax and don't get angry.

Chasing kills is way more fun to me than solely aiming to win. Try going for a different primary objective - deleting people 🤣

If you get a win out of it, so be it. If not, at least you've made others queue again and waste all that time lol

Yeah, it's true, but its more likely to get me to the final few survivors and have a chance to win.  But it is a huge waste of time because even if you do make it, you can't really hide from anyone when its the last few people left.  Or circle closes in on you, and next circle forces you to leave your current hiding spot, increasing your chances of getting shot exiting / running / driving to new location / and then possibly entering a building that has people in there hiding.  

Just play the game for fun.  

I hardly ever notice where we place in games because I couldn't care less.

Occasionally my mate and I will say "Shit, only 8 people left...." but we only really play to muck about and (try) to kill people.

The whole, 'Can't win, Won't play' attitude is unfortunately becoming all too common these days.  It's sad.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 2:25 AM, JetFalcon said:

But in PUBG, I feel winning is more about being in the right place / right time.

Disagree. I didn't get back to back chickens in solo with at least 5+ kills just by being in the right place / right time. It's a mixture of luck, gun skill, and smart choices. Sure I won a chicken before in my early days being completely oblivious to what was going on and the guy just managed to die in the play zone while i was still trying to figure out the controls but this only ever happened once lmao but I tend to focus on my gun skill and making the best choices the most to increase my chances. Sure there are plenty of moments as well where I was completely positioned on the other side of the circle and had to run to the other side only to be picked off by campers but that is what is great about this game, If I was smarter, I should have had taken a vehicle in the early game and prepared for these moments. 

PUBG is probably one of the most frustrating games and I agree it does waste a lot of time since most of the game you're either jogging for the whole game or just waiting for circle to close which I have repeated constantly that we need a faster paced royale mode but to say it's about being in the right place at the right time doesn't always hold true. I'm sure I've taken plenty of chickens from guys who thought they could camp until the end of the game but didn't have the necessary gun skill to win it. 

My only complaint is the amount of idle time that goes on in these games. That's all. I literally watch youtube videos while i play and wait for the circle to close.

Edited by FinestNoob 360

42 minutes ago, JetFalcon said:

Yeah, it's true, but its more likely to get me to the final few survivors and have a chance to win.  But it is a huge waste of time because even if you do make it, you can't really hide from anyone when its the last few people left.  Or circle closes in on you, and next circle forces you to leave your current hiding spot, increasing your chances of getting shot exiting / running / driving to new location / and then possibly entering a building that has people in there hiding.  

But if your struggling to kill people when it’s down to the last few then the only way to get better is fighting others. 

Ive recently come back after a year away and I was terrible. I’ve rapidly improved though by forcing fights and teaching myself to aim better and think better. It can be really, really frustrating but it’s well worth it. I know now I have a decent chance in most fights. Hell I still potatoe a lot and miss shots I used to easily hit but I’m confident enough to win 1 vs 2 or even more

• Like 1