Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FinestNoob 360

Idea: Spike Strips

Recommended Posts

Yay or nay. Of course it wouldn't spawn as much as let's say a gas can. Maybe as rare as a med kit. 

 

Erangel. One of the bridges. Camping. Good idea? My thoughts is that it only has one use though so once one car gets blown out, that's it for the spike strip or should it have more? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea but worry this would make bridges near impossible to cross.  Blockades are already difficult enough to penetrate.  Cool idea though.  👍🏻

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

Yay or nay. Of course it wouldn't spawn as much as let's say a gas can. Maybe as rare as a med kit. 

 

Erangel. One of the bridges. Camping. Good idea? My thoughts is that it only has one use though so once one car gets blown out, that's it for the spike strip or should it have more? 

Love this idea... Ambushing cars would be fun and the likelihood of it doing immediate damage would be low. The car wouldn't blow up or be completely stopped by the spike strip but it would make the driver lose control and the car slower to drive after hitting. Great idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jack_Burton said:

I like the idea but worry this would make bridges near impossible to cross.  Blockades are already difficult enough to penetrate.  Cool idea though.  👍🏻

That's why finding the right spawn rate is important. PTS testing would be great for this stuff. Maybe 1 out of 7 games you encounter bridge campers with spike strips. Just change it up a bit since almost every game on Erangel is going to be some sort of bridge trap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IMDtarget said:

If it were to go, I'd say more like flare gun rarity.

 

 

1 hour ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

That's why finding the right spawn rate is important. PTS testing would be great for this stuff. Maybe 1 out of 7 games you encounter bridge campers with spike strips. Just change it up a bit since almost every game on Erangel is going to be some sort of bridge trap. 

IMDtarget has a good idea about including it in a flare drop.  Flare drops would keep the number down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jack_Burton said:

 

IMDtarget has a good idea about including it in a flare drop.  Flare drops would keep the number down.

 

Kind of pointless in a flare drop. What he was saying was that it would be limited to 3 world spawns per match like the flare gun itself currently is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

Yay or nay. Of course it wouldn't spawn as much as let's say a gas can. Maybe as rare as a med kit. 

 

Erangel. One of the bridges. Camping. Good idea? My thoughts is that it only has one use though so once one car gets blown out, that's it for the spike strip or should it have more? 

 

I'd say make it the rarest item (literally one spawn per match) itll degrade with use by 20% per vehicle so you can theoretically take out 5 cars with it.

 

The kicker... its destructible via bullets, grenade damage, etc. So if you happen to have it laying out and they spot it they have a chance to destroy it before they get wrecked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HypnoToad643 said:

 

Kind of pointless in a flare drop. What he was saying was that it would be limited to 3 world spawns per match like the flare gun itself currently is.

Ahhh, right.  Thanks for clarifying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HypnoToad643 said:

 

I'd say make it the rarest item (literally one spawn per match) itll degrade with use by 20% per vehicle so you can theoretically take out 5 cars with it.

 

The kicker... its destructible via bullets, grenade damage, etc. So if you happen to have it laying out and they spot it they have a chance to destroy it before they get wrecked.

Now you got me thinking. How about bear traps as well? When a player runs over it, they are damaged almost 75% health and "stunned" for about 3 seconds. Of course it be easy to spot and shoot out as well but you can lay it in a bush or behind a door. Like the spike strip, it is rare in spawn. 

 

They could add so many things to this game and as long as they keep the spawn rate at the right balance could definitely make this game more interesting without deviating from the gameplay we have now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 9:59 PM, FinestNoob 360 said:

Yay or nay. Of course it wouldn't spawn as much as let's say a gas can. Maybe as rare as a med kit. 

 

Erangel. One of the bridges. Camping. Good idea? My thoughts is that it only has one use though so once one car gets blown out, that's it for the spike strip or should it have more? 

 

Love it.

 

I'd say make it a single use item... sort of.

It can take out 2 vehicles and then it's completely destroyed.

It can be moved if nobody hits it but once it's been hit once then it has to stay in place.

 

edit - maybe give it the strength to destroy a certain number of tyres, rather than number of vehicles.

9 maybe. So two cars will be insta-fudge and the 3rd car will get off lightly.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

Love it.

 

I'd say make it a single use item... sort of.

It can take out 2 vehicles and then it's completely destroyed.

It can be moved if nobody hits it but once it's been hit once then it has to stay in place.

 

edit - maybe give it the strength to destroy a certain number of tyres, rather than number of vehicles.

9 maybe. So two cars will be insta-fudge and the 3rd car will get off lightly.

I was thinking any tire that goes over it just automatically blows out since theres no such thing as wheels losing air pressure in this game, tires just blow out when you shoot it enough times so if they run over spike strip, the wheels blow out. If they swerve to the side and only one wheel touches it then of course that wheel blows out. 

 

How about shooting it to destroy it as well? Say your inside the incoming car but you have no choice but to push through the bridge due to the blue being on your ass. I think shooting it from the passenger seat if your a good enough shoot, should be able to destroy it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

I was thinking any tire that goes over it just automatically blows out since theres no such thing as wheels losing air pressure in this game, tires just blow out when you shoot it enough times so if they run over spike strip, the wheels blow out. If they swerve to the side and only one wheel touches it then of course that wheel blows out. 

 

How about shooting it to destroy it as well? Say your inside the incoming car but you have no choice but to push through the bridge due to the blue being on your ass. I think shooting it from the passenger seat if your a good enough shoot, should be able to destroy it as well. 

 

Oh yeah, they should definitely blow out instantly, and if the car's going fast then it's rolling/flying time!

I was just meaning rather than have the strip be destroyed after a set number of vehicles, make it so it's destroyed after a set number of tyres.

 

So if it can shred 8 tyres before it's destroyed then it can take out 2 cars, or 4 motorbikes, or a car and 2 bikes. But a trike and a car then makes it interesting for the next vehicle, they'll lose one but they might make it.

 

I guess they'd have to make it destructible, I'm not sure you should be able to shoot it to bits while driving towards it though (how many shots on target, 10/15?) - I think you should have to get out and shoot/grenade it.

 

Would be cool if you could stop and kill the enemies, then steal their spike strip for yourself.

 

This is making me think about gas can fireball booby traps on the bridge.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this idea. I'd like to see more place-ables in pubg even. Things like spike strips, claymores/trip mines, mortars to shoot explosive shells long distances, maybe some kind of large melee item or weapon slot item that you can place as small cover, etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 1:59 PM, FinestNoob 360 said:

Yay or nay. Of course it wouldn't spawn as much as let's say a gas can. Maybe as rare as a med kit. 

 

Erangel. One of the bridges. Camping. Good idea? My thoughts is that it only has one use though so once one car gets blown out, that's it for the spike strip or should it have more? 

 

Can we even get anything that hasn't been released on PC yet?

 

Most ideas and suggestions might as well be posted in the PC section.

 

If developers like it and add it in, maybe six to eight months later we will get it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😂 I'm not a fan of bear traps, not for the idea itself but... I remember on dayz I set one up to screw anyone over who found my camp... I accidentally stood on it!! broken leg!! Crawled for what felt like hours to get supplies 😂 nightmare mate

 

I'd be up for spike strips for sure! I'd quite like it as a one use item... Can hit multiple tyres as long as it's with a short space of time if that makes sense? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, uMIST said:

 

Can we even get anything that hasn't been released on PC yet?

 

Most ideas and suggestions might as well be posted in the PC section.

 

If developers like it and add it in, maybe six to eight months later we will get it

I don't have a gaming pc and don't feel like getting flamed in a section that I don't even belong in lol so you're welcome or anyone else is welcome to post this idea over there. Just give me credit where credit is due if this idea hasn't been brought up yet in there. You never know though. One of the xbox moderators here could see this and all it takes is for that guy to bring it up in a conversation at the water cooler in the kitchen room with one of the PC devs and bam by the end of the year or next year we have spike strips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...