Sign in to follow this  
RandoMcBob

Can we reduce the nade spawns?

Posted (edited)

I have been playing PUBG since it was first released on Xbox when the only map was Erangel and I stopped playing this game shortly after Miramar was released because I didn't like the fact that I was forced to play the map and because the loot was decreased on Erangel. I came back to playing this game when Sanhok was released and I pretty much have stayed since, Sanhok has pretty much been the only map I have played since I made a return but I feel like a lot on the map has been changed for the worse since its original release. When Sanhok first released places like Boot Camp and Paradise Resort were loaded with ARs, Armor and Heals. I felt that if you wanted to have really good loot you had to fight for it which made the game have a completely different feel to it compared to the larger maps and I loved every bit of it. I don't like to run around and try to find loot, I want to land with other people and fight them so I can get all the loot I could ever need and be on my way. I do not care much about winning in this game, I enjoy fighting as many people as possible but it doesn't mean I want to die to people who are unable to shoot. I play this game only because of the fire fights that I get into and love how you have to react and respond to the situation to attempt to out play the enemy but recently that doesn't seem to happen very often. Anytime I get into contact mid to end game I instantly get bombarded with grenades like i'm trapped in the red zone by people who spend the entire game looting solely for grenades, i'm honestly convinced that these people only carry 3 magazines of ammo so they can save space for more grenades. When Sanhok was first released I cannot recall constant nades being thrown as soon as a fight begun, maybe this was because they were not as overpowered as they are now. I have talked with many people in the community and they agree that the nades have to stop, what is the point of looting if all you need to do is find grenades? Why drop near anyone if you can find just as many nades in mongnai as you can in Boot or Paradise?

I believe this game would play much better if we could get increased AR and heal spawns in hotter areas and decreased nades everywhere and maybe even reduce the damage that the grenades do.

And just to clarify exactly what I mean with the grenades please watch the video below starting at 57min.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/433763898?t=57m

Edited by RandoMcBob
  • Like 1
  • RIP 9

🤔 where exactly is the redzone like grenade  throwing?

People playing in a way you are not winning the fights or you can‘t play the way you want, so the game needs to be changed?

In my opinion the beauty of PUBG is that there are so many ways to play. Camping, RnG, sniping, throwing grenades etc. 

If you don’t care about winning, why play till the endgame. 

• Like 5
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RandoMcBob said:

I have been playing PUBG since it was first released on Xbox when the only map was Erangel and I stopped playing this game shortly after Miramar was released because I didn't like the fact that I was forced to play the map and because the loot was decreased on Erangel. I came back to playing this game when Sanhok was released and I pretty much have stayed since, Sanhok has pretty much been the only map I have played since I made a return but I feel like a lot on the map has been changed for the worse since its original release. When Sanhok first released places like Boot Camp and Paradise Resort were loaded with ARs, Armor and Heals. I felt that if you wanted to have really good loot you had to fight for it which made the game have a completely different feel to it compared to the larger maps and I loved every bit of it. I don't like to run around and try to find loot, I want to land with other people and fight them so I can get all the loot I could ever need and be on my way. I do not care much about winning in this game, I enjoy fighting as many people as possible but it doesn't mean I want to die to people who are unable to shoot. I play this game only because of the fire fights that I get into and love how you have to react and respond to the situation to attempt to out play the enemy but recently that doesn't seem to happen very often. Anytime I get into contact mid to end game I instantly get bombarded with grenades like i'm trapped in the red zone by people who spend the entire game looting solely for grenades, i'm honestly convinced that these people only carry 3 magazines of ammo so they can save space for more grenades. When Sanhok was first released I cannot recall constant nades being thrown as soon as a fight begun, maybe this was because they were not as overpowered as they are now. I have talked with many people in the community and they agree that the nades have to stop, what is the point of looting if all you need to do is find grenades? Why drop near anyone if you can find just as many nades in mongnai as you can in Boot or Paradise?

I believe this game would play much better if we could get increased AR and heal spawns in hotter areas and decreased nades everywhere and maybe even reduce the damage that the grenades do.

And just to clarify exactly what I mean with the grenades please watch the video below starting at 57min.

I 100% agree on decreasing the nade spawns! Almost every match enemy wants to throw tons of nades instead of getting into a real fire fight smh

Edited by mike11809

I very rarely get killed by grenade and in return I'm absolutely useless at killing people with them also 😂.... despite trying a lot 😁. So I'm ok with them. 

• Like 2

I don't see the problem in the clip you attached. The guy knew where the enemies were and made a smart strategic play. I saw 2 throws on the first set of kills and 1 throw on the second and 3 at the end. I do not think there is anything wrong with grenades, they are not over powered by any means in my opinion. It is frustrating I will admit to get 4 or 5 thrown at you at once but it is a part of the game. If you're going to constantly play Sanhok (which is overcrowded with loot), you're going to run into a lot of people with grenades. As far as increasing loot spawn in hotter areas, that defeats the purpose of rng, you can't just throw more shit in hotter areas, you could increase the spawn rate of items, but they could go anywhere in the map, which is one of the main aspects of the game, along with survival.  

• Like 1

If you don't care about winning then why don't you drop into a custom game that'll give you the gunplay / fire fights you want.

The main game is kill/win by any means necessary, if someone wants to sacrifice ammo / meds to carry more throwables then so be it.

• Like 2

PUBG don't listen to this guy. The game is already too heavily focused on gun skills and the keyboard players (tons of them) are ruining it. If anything we need less guns and more alternative and creative ways to take people out and get to 1st place.

9 minutes ago, ericthegreat said:

PUBG don't listen to this guy. The game is already too heavily focused on gun skills and the keyboard players (tons of them) are ruining it. If anything we need less guns and more alternative and creative ways to take people out and get to 1st place.

PUBG don’t listen to this guy... the best part of this game is the shooting mechanics!! There are not tons of keyboard players and if there is they ain’t very good lol. 

I think you forget that some of us have got pretty good using a controller. 

Keyboard players do exist but they are NOT common at all. 

Just because someone got the better of you doesn’t mean they are using a mouse! Always a excuse on why you died apart from you got outplayed by a better player at that point in time. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RandoMcBob said:

I'm all for making 'hot drops' hotter (except on Sanhok because they're already hot) but regarding the grenades...

Nah. Git Gud. If you get caught a lot then you're doing it wrong.

You think that player in the video is using grenades because he can't shoot? People that are bad at shooting are bad with grenades too. If they take his grenades he'll just kill you with something else. You're just trying to find something to blame other than yourself.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 2

Didn’t watch the video but I will say, I for one wouldn’t mind a slight reduction in grenade spawns. I have no problem if I get killed by a nade. Usually just say good toss and move on. But the other day I was playing a squad match, I think it was on vikendi, and by probably halfway through the match I think we had combined about 15 nades, give or take a few. Just seemed a bit excessive. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RandoMcBob said:

To be clear, you're not actually complaining about how many grenades are on the map here - you're complaining that you're getting killed by grenades. No matter how many grenades spawn on a map it will still only take 1 well placed grenade to kill you. Make no mistake, decreasing the spawn rate of grenades will not also decrease the rate of long, hysterical, and erratic posts like this one.

I've said this a million times - the only people who don't like grenades are players who want to hide in their little hiding spot, completely safe to any obstruction, and shoot at people who are in a less advantageous position. Your video explains this sentiment perfectly - one team is guarding the zone behind a bunch of trees in and has a massive advantage over the other team so the dude throws some grenades to even the odds.

Edited by LarryTheDavid

Posted (edited)

And by the way, that video is just more evidence about how annoying these posts are. One dude is complaining about being "shot through a tree" and another person is complaining about their lip ring getting caught on a soda can. Now, you're complaining about grenades. All I've gathered from this is that everyone complains about everything when they die.

Edited by LarryTheDavid

Next will be molotov complaints then its cars then its snipers and it never ends

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

Didn’t watch the video but I will say, I for one wouldn’t mind a slight reduction in grenade spawns. I have no problem if I get killed by a nade. Usually just say good toss and move on. But the other day I was playing a squad match, I think it was on vikendi, and by probably halfway through the match I think we had combined about 15 nades, give or take a few. Just seemed a bit excessive. 

Were they grenades that you found spawned in buildings though? And couldn't that just be particularly lucky RNG for you? I don't often find 15 grenades spawned in buildings through normal looting.

The majority of the times that I've had more grenades than necessary, it's when we've killed a couple of squads and taken their grenades, and the squad we'd killed had already killed a couple of squads and taken their grenades...

What I'm saying is it would need to be significant reduction of spawned grenades for it to make any difference, people will be even less likely to throw them early/mid game and will still hang onto them until the end and when someone kills them they'll collect them. And if they reduce their spawn rate enough to be noticeable it will likely be harmful to the balance of the game.

Edited by ColonicBoom

1 minute ago, ColonicBoom said:

Were they grenades that you found spawned in buildings though?

The majority of the times that I've had more grenades than necessary, it's when we've killed a couple of squads and taken their grenades, and the squad we'd killed had already killed a couple of squads and taken their grenades...

What I'm saying is it would need to be significant reduction of spawned grenades for it to make any difference, people will just be even less likely to throw them early/mid game and will still hang onto them until the end. And if they reduce their spawn rate enough to be noticeable it will likely be harmful to the balance of the game (as in 'camper paradise').

For the most part I believe so. It’s been awhile but if it’s the game I’m thinking of we landed at port, wiped two squads out, continued looting port then headed south.  Circle was down towards abbey somewhere. Didn’t even go through Goroka (sp?) just hit up small complexes on the way. We all got to the point where we just stopped picking them up. And come to think of it, I think I’ve noticed this on Vikendi more than any other map.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

For the most part I believe so. It’s been awhile but if it’s the game I’m thinking of we landed at port, wiped two squads out, continued looting port then headed south.  Circle was down towards abbey somewhere. Didn’t even go through Goroka (sp?) just hit up small complexes on the way. We all got to the point where we just stopped picking them up. And come to think of it, I think I’ve noticed this on Vikendi more than any other map.

We had a Vikendi squad game where we got 25 kills between us the other day (doesn't happen often), we could probably have collected 20+ grenades quite easily in that game if we'd wanted to. Assuming the majority of the people we killed had at least 1 and we'd actually been able and bothered to loot them.

I'm just thinking how much would the spawn rate need to be nerfed to make a difference and how would it affect general play...

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect grenades to be common enough for every player to be able to find 1 grenade within the first 10 minutes of a match. Then if you kill 4 players each then your squad could potentially have 20 grenades between you.

But if we make them rare enough that you don't find 1 within 10 minutes of looting then we could damage the balance of the game and definitely the ability to push an occupied building.

It's difficult, I can see why it gives devs a headache.

Edited by ColonicBoom

3 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

We had a Vikendi squad game where we got 25 kills between us the other day (doesn't happen often), we could probably have collected 20+ grenades quite easily in that game if we'd wanted to. Assuming the majority of the people we killed had at least 1 and we'd actually been able and bothered to loot them.

I'm just thinking how much would the spawn rate need to be nerfed to make a difference and how would it affect general play...

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect grenades to be common enough for every player to be able to find 1 grenade within the first 10 minutes of a match. Then if you kill 4 players each then your squad could potentially have 20 grenades between you.

But if we make them rare enough that you don't find 1 within 10 minutes of looting then we could damage the balance of the game and definitely the ability to push an occupied building.

It's difficult, I can see why it gives devs a headache.

It would def be difficult to lower the correct amount without throwing it off balance. I wonder if there are any stipulations to where loot is placed and how much. On vikendi I’ve walked into one of the two story buildings that are usually in the smaller complexes (best I can describe it) and had 3 frags in the living room area alone. But then I’ll go through 6-8 buildings before finding level one armor. I think a lot of this could be solved just by putting something in that says hey, there can only be so much of this in one room or so much of that. Do we really need 3 level one backpacks spawning in the same bathroom of one building?

Light em up boyz.....

I would like to see around half the grenade spawn replace with Molotovs.   The affect is basicly the same minus instadearh and the eardrum shattering sonic boom while adding a touch of stealth. They force you to move and at the same time gives you a chance to fight back.  And...its comical. 

11 hours ago, RandoMcBob said:

Just get good at the game, you’re obviously not if this happens to you. All you have to do is shoot them while they’re cooking it or when they come out to throw it. Stop hiding and fight, this way you won’t get naded, if you rush a guy with a grenade in his hand, you’ll have less of a chance of dying 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

It would def be difficult to lower the correct amount without throwing it off balance. I wonder if there are any stipulations to where loot is placed and how much. On vikendi I’ve walked into one of the two story buildings that are usually in the smaller complexes (best I can describe it) and had 3 frags in the living room area alone. But then I’ll go through 6-8 buildings before finding level one armor. I think a lot of this could be solved just by putting something in that says hey, there can only be so much of this in one room or so much of that. Do we really need 3 level one backpacks spawning in the same bathroom of one building?

I've always wondered that too. I used to screenshot these rooms of duplicate items and post them up in here because I've always suspected it's bugged. I got a bunch of people telling me it's just RNG but it doesn't look random, it looks bugged. When we find multiples of a rare item in a small area, we all get hunting fast because there are nearly always enough of them for everyone.

It used to happen all the time, it still happens a lot now. I remember we found 7 4x scopes in about 10 seconds at Mylta Power. 3x level helmets in one room, a bathroom with 3 ARs and 2 SMGs inside. I found 5 first aids and 3 painkillers in a single storey building (not a warehouse) on Miramar today. 

I totally agree with your suggestion "there can only be so much of this in one place", caps for the room, the building, the side of town, the town itself. I think there should be set minimums and maximums in every section of the map for all item types and then it should be random within those parameters. Maybe it is, doesn't seem like it though.

Edited by ColonicBoom

Just cap it at 2 grenades per person  for the entire match. If you use them you can pick up anymore. It's getting out of hand. I watched a guy that used 13 nades in the final circle (got on kill).

Don't care if you use them it just the fact that a team of 2/3/4 can have as many as 20 nades. That's just crazy.

1 hour ago, RandoMcBob said:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/plz-dnt-nade-me/screenshot/12292370

16 grenades, I had a chance to grab another 6 but told my teammate to pick them up... not really sure how this isn't a problem...

So what does that mean?

You were able to pick up 16 grenades. 

You can also collect 300-400 rounds of ammo. 

Some games I find sniper rifles all the time plus an 8 times scope. 

Come back if you find 16 grenades every game. Plus only 6 players left in this games which indicates you were collecting grenades the whole game to proof you point. 🤔

One or two games isn’t proof. Even 10-20 games isn’t enough given the amount of games played. 

2 minutes ago, Baba Yaga 138 said:

So what does that mean?

You were able to pick up 16 grenades.  

You can also collect 300-400 rounds of ammo. 

Some games I find sniper rifles all the time plus an 8 times scope. 

Come back if you find 16 grenades every game. Plus only 6 players left in this games which indicates you were collecting grenades the whole game to proof you point. 🤔 

One or two games isn’t proof. Even 10-20 games isn’t enough given the amount of games played. 

It just proves my point that kids can loot the whole game and spam grenades on the last team...