Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
embecmom

Streamer reported me for griefing because I shot him.

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

It should be common sense for streamer to hide the match they're on or delay the feed to lessen the chance they are stream sniped. That's just common freaking sense! But.......

 

It's usually enough for streamer to just be actively against stream sniping. Streamers who actively say they don't like stream snipers normally don't have problems with stream snipers.

Only streamers (e.g., Shroud) who seem to be actively enjoying stream snipers and have built their entire community around them (they get most of their kills from that) have "problems" with them.

 

If some1 should be banned for that "offense", it's the streamer, not the players (noone should though, since both sides "agree" to the interaction and neither break rules of the game itself (well unless the stream snipers use streamer's information to kill OTHER players, not the streamer himself, but in that case the streamer is the most guilty one too)). Anyway, I don't think there have been any bans for stream sniping lately - the way it should be.

Edited by Biochemikas
  • Like 1
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biochemikas said:

 

It's usually enough for streamer to just be actively against stream sniping. Streamers who actively say they don't like stream snipers normally don't have problems with stream snipers.

Only streamers (e.g., Shroud) who seem to be actively enjoying stream snipers and have built their entire community around them (they get most of their kills from that) have "problems" with them.

 

If some1 should be banned for that "offense", it's the streamer, not the players (noone should though, since both sides "agree" to the interaction and neither break rules of the game itself (well unless the stream snipers use streamer's information to kill OTHER players, not the streamer himself, but in that case the streamer is the most guilty one too)). Anyway, I don't think there have been any bans for stream sniping lately - the way it should be.

Your description is wrong in so many ways. You describe only one type of stream sniping. There are many, many snipers who don’t do so in a friendly manner and do it despite the streamer being against sniping.

 

Its interesting to see that many of the posters here are misinformed about the nature of “malicious” stream snipers who do so to get recognition and to troll the streamer. The more popular the streamer, the more likely they are to get sniped.

 

I realize that some players are biased against streamers, for whatever reason. Perhaps because of bad experiences with a streamer or their discussion of how they died, or some other reason. All these subjective opinions are fairplay. However, it’s pretty evident that some posters here do not understand, or haven’t seen enough streams, to recognize some of these descriptions are categorically incorrect.

 

In this case, I’m glad PUBG sides with the streamers against the snipers, and Im glad there are no signs they will change that in the near future. It’s cheating in order to ruin a streamers game and it’s malicious, in many cases. It should be, and is, a ban-able offense.

  • RIP 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know why punishment for "stream sniping" is never going to be justifiable or good? Because it's impossible to PROVE stream-sniping unless blatantly self-admitted by the sniper himself. In a normal world, person is innocent until proven otherwise beyond reasonable doubt. There is absolutely no way to prove stream-sniping (and no, even having both stream and the game open by the same account is still not reasonable proof of actually using that information), let alone malicious intent behind it.

 

Anyway, since there hasn't been a word on that for quite a while I believe PubG corp realised this too and stopped this malicious practice quite some time ago.

 

Edited by Biochemikas
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

All they need to do is use obs to delay the upload stream. It's under settings and you can set the delay amount. Click, click, done! No more whining.

Delays are unpopular with the audience. It’s less exciting/engaging for the audience to be delayed and it makes the interactions between streamer and chat more difficult. Often their audience will react immediately to something happening in game.

 

whether the streamer wins a fight, loses a fight, wrecks their vehicle, nades their opponent or accidentally nades themself, their audience reacts immediately and streamers react to their reactions.... It’s what makes streaming/twitch what it is. Otherwise you could just watch a youtube video. 

 

I get the feeling some posters don’t watch, or understand the nature of streaming. Which is fine, but when commenting on things like this as a fix, it becomes evident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biochemikas said:

You know why punishment for "stream sniping" is never going to be justifiable or good? Because it's impossible to PROVE stream-sniping unless blatantly self-admitted by the sniper himself. In a normal world, person is innocent until proven otherwise beyond reasonable doubt. There is absolutely no way to prove stream-sniping (and no, even having both stream and the game open by the same account is still not reasonable proof of actually using that information), let alone malicious intent behind it.

 

The same way that certain forms of cheating or team killing are made evident by patterns of play, this is how it is easy to see stream snipers, and why no one will be busted for stream sniping if they’re not.

 

Stream snipers that get busted are serial stream snipers, ending up in a streamers game mutiple games in a row and heading directly to the streamer in a bee line. It’s easy to spot in reviewing matches, actually. Often they’ll sit in front of the streamer in the lobby trying to make it known they are there, interacting with the streamer even before the match begins.

 

Your commentary reaffirms my notion that you’re either mis, or uninformed

Edited by LTyrion
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 4:59 AM, Biochemikas said:

A lot of ppl report their killers for nothing. Don't be too worried about it. Ppl who actually deserve it get reported MUCH more often and I'm sure ppl/systems that supervise it have the correct thresholds (to determine actual offenders) in place by now.

Your original statement was the most correct. I agree with this before you began deviating from this perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LTyrion said:

Your original statement was the most correct. I agree with this before you began deviating from this perspective. 

Well that was on topic. Everything about stream sniping is really very off-topic regarding OP's original post.

 

And as for the early unjustified ban-waves for stream sniping (yeah there were quite a few unjustified bans for that in the beginning). I guess we could chalk it off to them still adjusting their "tolerance" bounds. They shouldn't have taken up that practice in the first place, and they shouldn't have started from the ban-happy end, but as I said they apparently learned from their mistakes as bans for stream-sniping appear to be extremely rare nowadays (at least noone is complaining). If anyone does still get banned for it, they feel so completely guilty themselves that they don't even have the guts to say anything about it.

Edited by Biochemikas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Biochemikas said:

Well that was on topic. Everything about stream sniping is really very off-topic regarding OP's original post.

 

And as for the early unjustified ban-waves for stream sniping (yeah there were quite a few unjustified bans for that in the beginning). I guess we could chalk it off to them still adjusting their "tolerance" bounds. They shouldn't have taken up that practice in the first place, and they shouldn't have started from the ban-happy end, but as I said they apparently learned from their mistakes as bans for stream-sniping appear to be extremely rare nowadays (at least noone is complaining). If anyone does still get banned for it, they feel so completely guilty themselves that they don't even have the guts to say anything about it.

I wasn't around for the earliest days, so I have to plead ignorance on that bit, we'll still just have to agree to disagree about how common it is, but it isn't a big deal for streamers because when it does happen they have avenues to get it taken care of. With all that said, I'll continue to support your first post.

Edited by LTyrion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll just note one thing.

The precedent of unjustified (and even justified) bans for stream sniping built up a lasting fear of being banned for nothing.  This fear is very evident from the fact that stream sniping was even brought up in this thread that was in no way related to it.

And that's a very dangerous fear, since there's no way to actually feel safe in this case, since you WILL have interactions with streamers whether you want it or not (unlike in cheating case, where you won't be using anything prohibited, so you can tell yourself that you have absolutely nothing to do with it). Sure it may be unjustified fear by now, but fear is not a thing you can easily control. It's one of those things that can realistically deter new (and old) players, hence my position against such rules and bans.

 

 

Edited by Biochemikas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LTyrion said:

Delays are unpopular with the audience. It’s less exciting/engaging for the audience to be delayed and it makes the interactions between streamer and chat more difficult. Often their audience will react immediately to something happening in game.

 

whether the streamer wins a fight, loses a fight, wrecks their vehicle, nades their opponent or accidentally nades themself, their audience reacts immediately and streamers react to their reactions.... It’s what makes streaming/twitch what it is. Otherwise you could just watch a youtube video. 

 

I get the feeling some posters don’t watch, or understand the nature of streaming. Which is fine, but when commenting on things like this as a fix, it becomes evident.

 

I fully understand the nature of twitch streaming. But there are tools in place/available to help mitigate stream sniping. It shouldn't be blueholes job to deal with it. They aren't the ones broadcasting the stream.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LTyrion said:

No one wants to watch delayed matches, it throws off the live feel of responding and interacting with your audience during live gameplay.

 

That is no ones problem but the streamers. And frankly I could give a rats ass about it. Delay or don't delay. But don't whine about an issue that you have the absolute power to fix from your end.

 

14 hours ago, LTyrion said:

Stream “sniping” should be, and is, a ban-able offense for good reason. It is intent to use an unintended advantage against another player. Streams are meant for watching and entertainment, they are not meant to be used as an ESP styled cheat against the streamer.

 

Is stream sniping a stupid thing to do? Yes. And that person should be bitch slapped by their mom for being an utter moron and not having integrity. Maybe it's the mom's fault that kid grew up that way.

 

You want to go down a path where just being in the game with a streamer will put you at risk for being banned for stream sniping. If I kill a streamer and they claim stream sniping, but I wasn't and get banned, how is that good for the game, the streamer and the player? Streaming is not a requirement or a necessity to play PUBG. It is completely outside the realm of anything PUBG should be allowed to control and dictate. PUBG has already catered way too much to the streamers as it is.

  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, embecmom said:

btw i was not stream sniping... I never even heard of the guy.. just saw it on my report when playing the feedback.

 

wtf moses saves all of his deaths because he wants to compile evidence against people who frequently are in his games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

 

I fully understand the nature of twitch streaming. But there are tools in place/available to help mitigate stream sniping. It shouldn't be blueholes job to deal with it. They aren't the ones broadcasting the stream.

It is in blueholes best business sense to try and ensure a friendly environment for streamers. This only makes sense man, granted the larger the stream, the larger the influence and vice versa, but streamers bring attention to the game and increase profits of the game. If you aren't willing to stop blatant cheaters (yes, using the information gathered from the streamers stream to kill them is cheating) who can potentially ruin the game for streamers and make it non streamer friendly, you'll lose out on that publicity, merchandise, and interest generated by said streamers. 

I'm really surprised this needs to be discussed tbh. If you're familiar with the nature of twitch streaming you know a delay is detrimental to you stream's entertainment value. The only time streamers usually use a delay is during professional matches or scrims for pro games because money is on the line. Some streamers use the "streamer setting" so that names of other players are not shown so as to decrease the likelihood of being stream sniped for "fame". Most generally discourage any stream sniping, all discourage malicious stream sniping to kill the streamer, yet it still happens. It is 100% in the best interest of PUBG to take care of it at that point. They agree, and ban players who are abusing/cheating against streamers.

  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

 

That is no ones problem but the streamers. And frankly I could give a rats ass about it. Delay or don't delay. But don't whine about an issue that you have the absolute power to fix from your end.

 

 

Is stream sniping a stupid thing to do? Yes. And that person should be bitch slapped by their mom for being an utter moron and not having integrity. Maybe it's the mom's fault that kid grew up that way.

 

You want to go down a path where just being in the game with a streamer will put you at risk for being banned for stream sniping. If I kill a streamer and they claim stream sniping, but I wasn't and get banned, how is that good for the game, the streamer and the player? Streaming is not a requirement or a necessity to play PUBG. It is completely outside the realm of anything PUBG should be allowed to control and dictate. PUBG has already catered way too much to the streamers as it is.

I'm glad PUBG doesn't see it your way either. What you give a ... care... about and what other players, PUBG devs, and management care about seem not to coincide on this one. You're not reading any of the other info, acting as though being banned accidentally for stream sniping is a possible or common occurrence. 

You like to put words in peoples mouths and not read their actual arguments. You like to setup straw men and knock them down. Feel free my dude, it's not my argument you're arguing against. I'm simply stating how things are. There is no "road" for me to go down or for anyone for that matter. These things are already in place. Argue if you'd like, it's a non argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Biochemikas said:

I'll just note one thing.

The precedent of unjustified (and even justified) bans for stream sniping built up a lasting fear of being banned for nothing.  This fear is very evident from the fact that stream sniping was even brought up in this thread that was in no way related to it.

And that's a very dangerous fear, since there's no way to actually feel safe in this case, since you WILL have interactions with streamers whether you want it or not (unlike in cheating case, where you won't be using anything prohibited, so you can tell yourself that you have absolutely nothing to do with it). Sure it may be unjustified fear by now, but fear is not a thing you can easily control. It's one of those things that can realistically deter new (and old) players, hence my position against such rules and bans.

 

 

I feel completely safe killing or attempting to kill streamers. I can't imagine feeling otherwise. It's true the OP wasn't actually about streamsniping, tbh a lot of it was in response to:
@erwe
"Guys... he is afraid because there were times, when this company was banning people for killing stramers." So your statement that it was a bit off topic is correct. It's more like a very closely related topic that ties into the reporting system. I've been interested in seeing how people view this and I'm surprised so many people think of it negatively. It just goes to show that people value things differently.

Edited by LTyrion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LTyrion said:

I feel completely safe killing or attempting to kill streamers. I can't imagine feeling otherwise. It's true the OP wasn't actually about streamsniping, tbh a lot of it was in response to:
@erwe
"Guys... he is afraid because there were times, when this company was banning people for killing stramers." So your statement that it was a bit off topic is correct. It's more like a very closely related topic that ties into the reporting system. I've been interested in seeing how people view this and I'm surprised so many people think of it negatively. It just goes to show that people value things differently.

Well that was quite obvious for me. Most of streamers are not so friendly, being asshole is also more popular than being fair - so i am not even surprised ppl see it that way.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, Rev0verDrive said:

 

you watch the clip? As he was running around you could see me cooking.

Yea man, I feel his frustration but sometimes you gotta look into the mirror to find the problem. I'd say that was just complacency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheJoker502 said:

Yea man, I feel his frustration but sometimes you gotta look into the mirror to find the problem. I'd say that was just complacency. 

 

Only time I get frustrated over being killed is when it's by a cheat. I don't make excuses for my death in all other cases. My bad, I screwed up / choked / etc or just got out played. If I streamed you'd almost always hear me say "well played" or something along those lines when I died.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

 

Only time I get frustrated over being killed is when it's by a cheat. I don't make excuses for my death in all other cases. My bad, I screwed up / choked / etc or just got out played. If I streamed you'd almost always hear me say "well played" or something along those lines when I died.

Did you suffer any problems because of the reporting? If not, why give a fuck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mopakarim said:

Did you suffer any problems because of the reporting? If not, why give a fuck?

 

In general I don't give two shits when I die. If it's do to a cheat, I drop an expletive or 2,3,4, make a report, then requeue. I don't make a big deal of it in any sense.

 

Not sure what your issue is with the quoted comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...