Sign in to follow this  
embecmom

Streamer reported me for griefing because I shot him.

You can now watch playbacks from streamers killing and being killed by you.  (wont advertise the link!) but a streamer reported me for griefing because I killed him (didnt even look at the playback).   Now Im sure people report a lot of the time and streamers are no different but if people are actually reporting just because they are shot is there any comeback that can be done if they are caught doing it?  Or just suck it up and laugh at the guy (who I am in the process of contacting him on his stream to let him know that he is not a very good streamer if he cant take being killed).

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LittleLui said:

Did you suffer any problems because of the reporting? If not, why give a fuck?

true, thats not really my point, its the fact that people are trying to get you banned for a period for doing nothing wrong, .... so just wondered if there was a counter to this BS, and yea I guess its no different for reporting when you suspect hacking...but actually hes the one griefing because he died... just think its lets say bad sportsman ship lol

Edited by embecmom

just watched it and yes it`s bad sportsmanship. bad behaviour, bad gameplay decisions. just a bad player with issues. forget about it and move on.

Posted (edited)

A lot of ppl report their killers for nothing. Don't be too worried about it. Ppl who actually deserve it get reported MUCH more often and I'm sure ppl/systems that supervise it have the correct thresholds (to determine actual offenders) in place by now.

Edited by Biochemikas
  • Like 1

As others have said, players who are not guilty have cause for concern. PUBG errs on the side of caution with reports.

As an aside, I watch a lot of really excellent streamers when I can’t play. The best streamers usually simply say they were outplayed or their death was “unfortunate” and rarely report even when their “chat” is goading them to because of blatant cheating.

*meant to type players who are not guilty have *no* cause for concern.

Guys... he is afraid because there were times, when this company was banning people for killing stramers.

48 minutes ago, erwe said:

Guys... he is afraid because there were times, when this company was banning people for killing stramers.

Never heard of, or saw this before. I know they ban stream snipers but simply banning players for killing a streamer I've literally never heard of that.

55 minutes ago, erwe said:

no im not, but I think there was one big story going around a while ago because a streamer got his knickers in a twist about dying and reported players for stream sniping, they subsequently got banned ... I think its still disputed whether that player was stream sniping or not... Its just about having the confidence in the PUBG process, hacking is one thing and generally fairly obvious to figure out, but being  reported for griefing by bad losers and getting a temp ban would be highly unfair so just wondered how robust the process is and if this guy continually reports people for griefing because he got shot then I think thats as bad as griefing.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, LTyrion said:

Never heard of, or saw this before. I know they ban stream snipers but simply banning players for killing a streamer I've literally never heard of that.

Well, all they had to do is report player as stream sniper and they would get banned. Same goes in fortnite too.

Btw, just checked the clips, that officialAway streamer reports everyone who kills him. Im pretty sure his reports are ignored by the system, or at least they should be ignored.

Edited by Narco98219

I am concerned that with too many fake reports PUBG will just abandon the process like they have done with so many things.  This is one of the few remedies we have left and I would hate to see it gone.

2 hours ago, LTyrion said:

Even stream sniping - shouldnt be banned in my opinion.

You have to try hard actly to stream your gameplay right away with smallest delay - and streamers do that despite of dangers. They stream in 1st place despite of dangers. Its their choice.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

2 hours ago, erwe said:

Even stream sniping - shouldnt be banned in my opinion.

You have to try hard actly to stream your gameplay right away with smallest delay - and streamers do that despite of dangers. They stream in 1st place despite of dangers. Its their choice.

No, it’s a form of cheating and PUBG agrees. Streaming is for entertainment, it’s not supposed to be used as an advantage against the entertainer.

• RIP 1

4 hours ago, Narco98219 said:

Well, all they had to do is report player as stream sniper and they would get banned. Same goes in fortnite too.

Btw, just checked the clips, that officialAway streamer reports everyone who kills him. Im pretty sure his reports are ignored by the system, or at least they should be ignored.

That’s a very general statement and it’s not entirely true. If you continually wind up in a streamers games and seem to “know” where they are (essentially their stream becomes ESP) then if you are reported you will likely get banned, especially if it’s a well known/popular/connected streamer.

1 hour ago, LTyrion said:

No, it’s a form of cheating and PUBG agrees. Streaming is for entertainment, it’s not supposed to be used as an advantage against the entertainer.

Stream sniping shouldn't be bannable though. The streamer is literally telling everyone where they are and are doing nothing to mask that information. Stream sniping is really bad sportsmanship and the player should be bitch slapped until his mom comes over to stop the slapping, but not banned. 

It should be common sense for streamer to hide the match they're on or delay the feed to lessen the chance they are stream sniped. That's just common freaking sense! But.......

• Like 3
  • RIP 1

1 hour ago, LTyrion said:

BUT they can set up delay ffs... 3 minutes, not even should be enough. So despite of possibilities to prevent - they stream without delay atall.

I agree its unfair - but they got no place to cry about it since they dont even try to preven it, when they can very easily. Even fuckin TV uses delay in live shows.

2 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Shot WTFMoses in the face yesterday and was all excuses as to why he died.

Lol he wasn't able to get back on the game afterwards, shame on you! ;)

Posted (edited)

I don't get when people stream snipe. I can find it fun if it's someone who wants to feed the streamer and do silly things. However, to use that information to kill them is just bad. I get if you use their stream to try to join at the same time as them (pausing while you're playing) and if you happen to face them, then great. That's good competition. However, using their stream to figure out where they are so you can use that information to get kills on them isn't cool.

Edited by Whiplash27

1 hour ago, TheJoker502 said:

Lol he wasn't able to get back on the game afterwards, shame on you! ;)

you watch the clip? As he was running around you could see me cooking.

7 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Shot WTFMoses in the face yesterday and was all excuses as to why he died.

i seem to hear a lot of people complaining about that guy, i only notice the name really because when i killed him he accused me of stream sniping him

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

Stream sniping shouldn't be bannable though. The streamer is literally telling everyone where they are and are doing nothing to mask that information. Stream sniping is really bad sportsmanship and the player should be bitch slapped until his mom comes over to stop the slapping, but not banned. 

It should be common sense for streamer to hide the match they're on or delay the feed to lessen the chance they are stream sniped. That's just common freaking sense! But.......

No one wants to watch delayed matches, it throws off the live feel of responding and interacting with your audience during live gameplay.

Stream “sniping” should be, and is, a ban-able offense for good reason. It is intent to use an unintended advantage against another player. Streams are meant for watching and entertainment, they are not meant to be used as an ESP styled cheat against the streamer.

• RIP 1