poohty_t

Featured Map Change Suggestion

@PUBG_Andymh5 @PUBG_RoboDanjal

Guys please hear me out :

I and many others understand why bluehole made the change a while back for the "map selection " area and did not give individual maps totally. We get that ( most of us ) . You added a featured map . Which i think was a good compromise really considering the situation. However, leaving the featured map there for over a month.... gets old pretty fast to be honest. 

My suggestion is to simply change the featured map 1 time per week. That way every map is featured every month for a week.The featured map does not become stale and people get tired of seeing it half the time when they pick quick join . This would at least make the featured map thing feel not as stale as just leaving there on one map for weeks on end. I know not everyone likes all the maps. There are other options though when you feature a map to play the others . So they still have a choice. Personally i like all the maps, but i know not everyone does. 

I feel like this would be as close as compromise to map selection that some want while not causing match making issues, and making the fact we have a featured map not boring after the first week of that map being featured. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, poohty_t said:

@PUBG_Andymh5 @PUBG_RoboDanjal

Guys please hear me out :

I and many others understand why bluehole made the change a while back for the "map selection " area and did not give individual maps totally. We get that ( most of us ) . You added a featured map . Which i think was a good compromise really considering the situation. However, leaving the featured map there for over a month.... gets old pretty fast to be honest. 

My suggestion is to simply change the featured map 1 time per week. That way every map is featured every month for a week.The featured map does not become stale and people get tired of seeing it half the time when they pick quick join . This would at least make the featured map thing feel not as stale as just leaving there on one map for weeks on end. I know not everyone likes all the maps. There are other options though when you feature a map to play the others . So they still have a choice. Personally i like all the maps, but i know not everyone does. 

I feel like this would be as close as compromise to map selection that some want while not causing match making issues, and making the fact we have a featured map not boring after the first week of that map being featured. 

We're currently looking at the best time period for each featured map, but I don't believe that we will be going for a week-to-week change, as we think this is too short.

We'll update the community when we've made a decision on this. 

Thanks for your feedback, as always! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We're currently looking at the best time period for each featured map, but I don't believe that we will be going for a week-to-week change, as we believe this is too short.

Thanks for your reply . I am glad to hear you all are at least looking at this, becasue 1 whole month per map is just too much.  As much as i love the size and landscape of Sanhok , the zones make it not so fun , especially when your getting that map all the time picking quick join. If you dont land in middle of first zone you feel like your just running the whole map . Hope you all find a good balance of rotation with the maps . 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PUBG_RoboDanjal said:

We're currently looking at the best time period for each featured map, but I don't believe that we will be going for a week-to-week change, as we believe this is too short.

I personally think @poohty_t has a great idea.... I'm bored as hell of featured map rn. I love sanhok but very rarely find myself selecting quick join or featured map nowadays. I pick standard because I like variety and I think 1 week of a featured map is a perfect period. 

It would be nice if we could get a community consensus on the social medias about when it should be changed

Edited by Stealthymyths
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 2:36 PM, Stealthymyths said:

I personally think @poohty_t has a great idea.... I'm bored as hell of featured map rn. I love sanhok but very rarely find myself selecting quick join or featured map nowadays. I pick standard because I like variety and I think 1 week of a featured map is a perfect period. 

It would be nice if we could get a community consensus on the social medias about when it should be changed

I also agree, a week isn't too short at all. I guess it would be more work from PubG though..

• Like 1