Sign in to follow this  
iddqd

What if the Bluezone moves continuously but always slower than running speed

I have no idea how this would work out. It seems to be an interesting idea, though.

What i mean is that the bluezone will not stop and wait a few minutes to keep on moving but it moves continuously without a break, to compensate for this it will always be slow enough to outrun it.

Is this editable in a custom game? have you tried it already? can you tell me how it works out?

• Like 3

There must be some way for it to change speed, as the first circles do collapse to the center of the final zone.  If it went straight in then everyone would camp at the center house. 

At some point it would need to start shifting as it shrinks.

I like it. Although, you'd need some more time at the start. Maybe the first circle stays as is and then it starts continuously moving. I'd also agree that it'd need to have some sort of mechanic that forces it to shift around as the game progresses that way you can't tell where it's going to end.

Posted (edited)

I think predictability makes for boring campy matches, it’s the hard shifts that force players out of comfort and cover and ensure engagements will occur.

Vikendi, currently, is a good example of predictability equaling camped matches where moving or fighting between complexes highly increases your likelihood of being singled out and third partied by 2-3 camping parties in complexes.

I would prefer that the algorithm for circles ensured the end game would have no housing complexes inside of them, if any changes were made.

If everyone were forced into the open, less games would be “defaulted” by RNG to a group who lucked into or camped the heck out of a circle favored building/complex. I realize, however, this is my personal preference.

Edited by LTyrion
  • Like 1

of course you will not know where it ends, we can keep it the way it is, just adjust speed and remove the waiting times. the first circle would be altered so you can loot anywhere.

i am starting to think about it more, we would have to observe our gameplay as it is now and see whats going on during the waiting time for the next zone at its borders, cause those situations wouldnt be the same anymore. camping  waiting at the border for incoming people that are late to the circle wouldchange becaue you cannot wait there, the zone started moving at the beginning of the pause, you would be in the blue. but it still works for the white circle if the blue circle is still moving in, so those situations wouldnt dissapear completely.

anyway, the current circle system has a few slower moving circles and they feel smooth and still challenging, its not just a haste into the zone but a gentle flow. i'd love to experience that for all circles. 

I don't like the idea. Continuously moving circles without knowing where to go would remove a lot of route planning and decision making on where to setup and ambush players. Not a fan of this idea.

7 minutes ago, xTekx_1 said:

I don't like the idea. Continuously moving circles without knowing where to go would remove a lot of route planning and decision making on where to setup and ambush players. Not a fan of this idea.

I’d have to agree, it would diminish the tactics during a match. 

14 hours ago, iddqd said:

I have no idea how this would work out. It seems to be an interesting idea, though.

What i mean is that the bluezone will not stop and wait a few minutes to keep on moving but it moves continuously without a break, to compensate for this it will always be slow enough to outrun it.

Is this editable in a custom game? have you tried it already? can you tell me how it works out?

When I see requests like this I always wonder 

"What are you trying to 'fix' with this request ?"

Bluezone works well as a way to force engagements while avoiding people being able to plan where the game will end and just camp out that location.

1 hour ago, Boodgemeister said:

Would be nice to try it if it works.

Why ?

If you see the end circle immediately that the blue starts to come in ( a constantly moving circle that is slower than running would also create pretty fast games where you literally only run the whole time )

People would just converge on the centre so that they don't have to move, get the best spot and camp.

there is a reason that the circle work how they do, it weasnt just something plucked from thin air, it was considered debated and decided on how it is.

@iddqd So basicly just remove the pause between circles and faster initial circle, and slower later circle.

You can try it on custom server, you just need to figure out the speed numbers and have people to play with you.

Also esports mode is almost the same as you write, there is little pause between circles, only the movement speed is slower at start then faster at the end, but its pretty close.

Try to play Faceit, almsot the same.

They've made it once about spring 2018. First 2 zone is faster than current version but after the 3rd you can beat the zone with walking. But most of the people died and complained about that, then PUBG removed that feature.

About the constant bluezone, if you are very far edge of the zone you might not loot the place that you've jump properly and you will find yourself running with 1 kit and 1 weapon with 60 bullets. It will kill also early fights because if you are far edge you just wanna loot 2-3 buildings and run. 

Also it will destroy the entire zone strategy. You know every zone spawns inside of the old zone randomly not on the center. When first zone released people will rush to the center and it will be a mess. Randomness makes this game amazing. If you make it spawn random then you'll destroy the logic of placement advantage. In a short explanation you got the high ground with tons of cover and you don't have the next zone. Next zone is holding by another team or teams. You just wanna use your cover and terrain advantage for pushing until the zone starts moving. You'll get zone damage and it will change fight completely. With current version you have enough time to fight and move generally.

So that's a no for me.

But, if you make the adjustments and make that and called that as blue zone type 2 while you keep the current version of zone type 1 and make the zone types random per game it will be interesting. It adds more randomness which makes the game more fun. But as I've said it needs a lot of adjustments.

The center will still be random, the circle system stays the same, we only remove the timer and adjust the speed.

Seems its possbile to tune that for a custom game and epsorts seems to play a little like that aswell. i will observe

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, iddqd said:

Sanhok is like that. The problem is though, without drastically increasing game time, the first zone has to be really small for it to work, so I'd say it only works for 4x4 map (would really not be fun to start with such small zone in an 8x8 map). Well it's possible to do it starting from 2nd or 3rd zone though.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can outrun all the deadly circles in all maps now already (5th+). It's still impossible to have a fight while circle is moving though, since you can just barely outrun it, if it's on the opposite side.

Edited by Biochemikas

smaller starting circles

first circle to be visible before jump...

different speeds...

why not make it completely random? 

The size of the first zone? random!

zone movement speeds?  random!

circle visible before jumping?  random!

a little more variation wouldnt be that bad, would it?

42 minutes ago, iddqd said:

smaller starting circles

first circle to be visible before jump...

no, just no. Visible circle has been tried and it was as terrible as expected.

6 hours ago, Biochemikas said:

Agreed.

If you want that, just go play sanhok.

22 hours ago, Biochemikas said:

exactly, it has been tried and i never knew why it was so badly recieved.  I liked the idea with the visible circle after rethinking it and here is why:

-it adds alot of interesting tactics, do i go to the middle, to the border or far away?

-you can assume where the action will be and act accordingly

-if you jump somehwere far away from everything you know that it'll be far away from everything

it seems that you lose variety but i believe it adds variety. the attual area of interest in this round might become smaller but everybody can land with a plan in his had that he can execute.

thats why i'd say make it random, have every 10th game start with a visible circle. it would add so many different tactics.