Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Frizzle

Something needs to be done

Recommended Posts

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the lag is ruining the game for me and my friends. We get lagged killed so often that it's killing our love of playing this game, and we don't know what to do. We're dying behind cover, so far into cover, and there's nothing we can do. It sucks and is ruining this game for a lot of us. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, especially in Vikendi. I like the map, but my friends don't. So, I don't really get to play in that map unless I'm solo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Big_Frizzle said:

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the lag is ruining the game for me and my friends. We get lagged killed so often that it's killing our love of playing this game, and we don't know what to do. We're dying behind cover, so far into cover, and there's nothing we can do. It sucks and is ruining this game for a lot of us. 

Is this new with the hotfix or has this been a long time issue for you?  What region are you in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shocked Prism said:

Is this new with the hotfix or has this been a long time issue for you?  What region are you in?

 

I'm in NA, it's not really new but it has been really bad for the past few weeks. The only reason I'm complaining is because I've noticed a lot of lag, and I'm not the only one. It has caused me to get killed so many times, one of them was a loss at #2 because the last guy killed me after I ran behind a rock. It's frustrating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Big_Frizzle said:

 

I'm in NA, it's not really new but it has been really bad for the past few weeks. The only reason I'm complaining is because I've noticed a lot of lag, and I'm not the only one. It has caused me to get killed so many times, one of them was a loss at #2 because the last guy killed me after I ran behind a rock. It's frustrating.

Was just wondering because since Update #7 I've had far less lag than in the past.  I'm also in NA, but I only play solos, so maybe that is the difference.  But tonight, since the hotfix, I've had lag issues in almost every single match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This issue has been present since update 28 i have said this in many posts similar to this and none of the devs have responded,there are huge frame drops and stutter now too,i believe it has something to do with the forced post processing since update 28 and also the increase loot on erangal and vikendi it does not happen so much on miramar or sanhok as those maps have not had a loot increase.I think the devs seriously need to take a look at the games current performance because if anything its getting worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

im really struggling after the most recent update .. near enough crash every session, lag on dropping in is horrendous no weapons appearing, and jitter when running... I have rolled back drivers, cleared memory cache, closed taskmanager  apps, wiped registry ...reduced every graphic setting to low, switch resolution to lower,  everything... dont get this on any other FPS game and they demand more than pubg im sure

Edited by embecmom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, embecmom said:

im really struggling after the most recent update .. near enough crash every session, lag on dropping in is horrendous no weapons appearing, and jitter when running... I have rolled back drivers, cleared memory cache, closed taskmanager  apps, wiped registry ...reduced every graphic setting to low, switch resolution to lower,  everything... dont get this on any other FPS game and they demand more than pubg im sure

 

How much RAM do you have? I've noticed (between myself and a couple of friends) that the more RAM you have, the better the game seems to run. I had 8 before, it ran okay but I had a lot of the same things happening to me like you. I upgraded to faster ram and doubled it, so now I run 16 GB at 3000 mhz. It's a lot better, but now I contend with the desync and lagginess. It wasn't so much a big deal before, but I lost a couple of matches because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Big_Frizzle said:

 

How much RAM do you have? I've noticed (between myself and a couple of friends) that the more RAM you have, the better the game seems to run. I had 8 before, it ran okay but I had a lot of the same things happening to me like you. I upgraded to faster ram and doubled it, so now I run 16 GB at 3000 mhz. It's a lot better, but now I contend with the desync and lagginess. It wasn't so much a big deal before, but I lost a couple of matches because of it. 

I have 16 gb ram.. the issues only really started with the new update I didnt have any of this prior to it.. I deleted and reinstalled it and it seems to have sorted out some of the jitter during the matches but I still  have massive lag on initial drop as the assets load in.. getting the red timer etc on screen, so it makes dropping into busy zones almost impossible.  Its not my system even though its a little on the old side (cpu and GPU wise) as these issues were not apparent prior to the latest patch.  I also run games like Squad and Hell Let Loose on medium to high setting without any issues whatsover.  FPS wise I get between 90 and 125 on High settings in pubg but have turned most settings down to very low now. FPS generally dont drop that much at all during gameplay.  Assets loading in are server side so nothing to do with my hard drive as that really only impacts the initial map load as I dont run an SD so still believe its whatever server Im connecting to in Europe.,  I do get a lot of Desync, and I mean alot, dying when behind cover, shooting first yet when you play the deathcam back ive not even raised my gun, things like that.

 

Ive tweaked Nvidia settings.

Have programme clearing my memory cache every 5 mins

reduced graphic settings

checked my internet is not slow (70 gb constant)

closed background programmes 

cleaned pc with CC Cleaner

reinstalled

reduced screen resolution

monitor GPU heat (its fine)

 

 

 

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, embecmom said:

I have 16 gb ram.. the issues only really started with the new update I didnt have any of this prior to it.. I deleted and reinstalled it and it seems to have sorted out some of the jitter during the matches but I still  have massive lag on initial drop as the assets load in.. getting the red timer etc on screen, so it makes dropping into busy zones almost impossible.  Its not my system even though its a little on the old side (cpu and GPU wise) as these issues were not apparent prior to the latest patch.  I also run games like Squad and Hell Let Loose on medium to high setting without any issues whatsover.  FPS wise I get between 90 and 125 on High settings in pubg but have turned most settings down to very low now. FPS generally dont drop that much at all during gameplay.  Assets loading in are server side so nothing to do with my hard drive as that really only impacts the initial map load as I dont run an SD so still believe its whatever server Im connecting to in Europe.,  I do get a lot of Desync, and I mean alot, dying when behind cover, shooting first yet when you play the deathcam back ive not even raised my gun, things like that.

 

Ive tweaked Nvidia settings.

Have programme clearing my memory cache every 5 mins

reduced graphic settings

checked my internet is not slow (70 gb constant)

closed background programmes 

cleaned pc with CC Cleaner

reinstalled

reduced screen resolution

monitor GPU heat (its fine)

 

 

 

 

Well, looks like you tried a lot of different things. Guess the game just runs like crap for a lot of us. Also, just got lag killed again. Fucking pitiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, captainkukamunga said:

This issue has been present since update 28 i have said this in many posts similar to this and none of the devs have responded,there are huge frame drops and stutter now too,i believe it has something to do with the forced post processing since update 28 and also the increase loot on erangal and vikendi it does not happen so much on miramar or sanhok as those maps have not had a loot increase.I think the devs seriously need to take a look at the games current performance because if anything its getting worse.

 

I haven't noticed anything, have a decent pc though so maby onbly affecting some people?

They are saying it's worst on the drop especially busy places, but that's a known issue wich is hard to avoid i guess, a big reason why i almost never drop in places with more than 1-3 enemies..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sgt_gh0st said:

 

I haven't noticed anything, have a decent pc though so maby onbly affecting some people?

They are saying it's worst on the drop especially busy places, but that's a known issue wich is hard to avoid i guess, a big reason why i almost never drop in places with more than 1-3 enemies..

 

I don't know man, I keep dying to lag. And cheaters too, more than usually lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Big_Frizzle said:

 

I don't know man, I keep dying to lag. And cheaters too, more than usually lately.

 

Ok but lag depends on so many factors i guess.

If you play a mode in a region in primetime  where there is good enough players you will have less lag i guess.

But if you play a mode that does not have a lot of players in that region, and maby even the region overall has not many players, AND maby play outside primetime i guess it might be filled with people from other regions.

I notice i play with a LOT more chineese people when i play a round in the erly morning before work.

Still i don't notice much lag at all nowdays.

As i said though, i never drop the hottest places with 10-20 others, that could easily get messy when everyone is fighting...

 

So what mode do you play? FPP/TPP?

Region? (ah, just saw NA, so i think you don't have VERY many players over there to start with)

Primetime or not?

Drop hot?

Or do you have lag when you fight 1 on 1 far from others too?

Edited by sgt_gh0st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sgt_gh0st said:

 

Ok but lag depends on so many factors i guess.

If you play a mode in a region in primetime  where there is good enough players you will have less lag i guess.

But if you play a mode that does not have a lot of players in that region, and maby even the region overall has not many players, AND maby play outside primetime i guess it might be filled with people from other regions.

I notice i play with a LOT more chineese people when i play a round in the erly morning before work.

Still i don't notice much lag at all nowdays.

As i said though, i never drop the hottest places with 10-20 others, that could easily get messy when everyone is fighting...

 

So what mode do you play? FPP/TPP?

Region? (ah, just saw NA, so i think you don't have VERY many players over there to start with)

Primetime or not?

Drop hot?

Or do you have lag when you fight 1 on 1 far from others too?

 

I don't drop hot, and I suppose I play around peak usage times. I play FPP, and I experience lag whether I'm 1v1 or more. Even when I play solo, I experience the lag. Its so weird, because it wasn't this bad for me before. 

  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if it is the last 2 patches or something else going on but up until then my team and I almost never received packet loss and rarely received even a yellow indication of something going "wrong". 

 

Now, me and the other 3 people I play with regularly are getting both of those pretty often and we are not using the same ISP so I am going to venture to guess it is service side.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with the sentiment here, I have recently been trying to come back and the stuttering/desync made it unplayable so I am shelving it again until another patch.  Amazing how these guys can go backwards so many times, maybe they have given up on the game at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desync is in every online multiplayer game. Check out the latest battle nonsense video to see the chart comparing many BR and large online MP games, and you'll see PUBG is not bad

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly desync is painful but its not the main issue for me, just pure lag on drop in, it grinds to a halt.. when running at times the character just stops all of a sudden, then moves. My final attempt to fix some of these issues is to install a new SSD and reformat and start with a fresh install and work from there.    I had desync and lag before but never as bad as it is since the latest patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

so i upgraded my HDD to an SDD and wiped my whole pc, re installed windows ... updated everythign... lag on landing has all but gone it seems...so it was my old HDD that was causing most of it.. the frequent stuttering I was having has also been cured too.. so I was moaning that it could not be my pc..and lo it appears it was.

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Desync does happen in a lot of games, but in a game like APEX or fotrnite you don't get killed in 3 shots so the games are affected far less.  Plus in other games the amount of time start to finish is far shorter, so in pubg you can waste 30-40 mins due to a desync scenario, if i die in another BR it takes far less time to get into a game so my time doesn't feel wasted.

 

Plus I've been playing PUBG since April 2016 and the game was in a far better spot at previous times when I've played so something has changed and my computer never used to stutter like it does now.  I have a 1080 TI with 16gb of RAM, every other game runs flawless so I know it's not my setup as I can't really have a much better build.  People have been complaining about the same things for years and I used to defend them saying they will be addressed.  Being it's been over 3 years, the problems just cant be fixed.  I hope they can be limited or another studio takes what PUBG has and just polishes it, I'd spend 100 on that game.

Edited by Eggochiggo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eggochiggo said:

Desync does happen in a lot of games, but in a game like APEX or fotrnite you don't get killed in 3 shots so the games are affected far less.  Plus in other games the amount of time start to finish is far shorter, so in pubg you can waste 30-40 mins due to a desync scenario, if i die in another BR it takes far less time to get into a game so my time doesn't feel wasted.

 

Plus I've been playing PUBG since April 2016 and the game was in a far better spot at previous times when I've played so something has changed and my computer never used to stutter like it does now.  I have a 1080 TI with 16gb of RAM, every other game runs flawless so I know it's not my setup as I can't really have a much better build.  People have been complaining about the same things for years and I used to defend them saying they will be addressed.  Being it's been over 3 years, the problems just cant be fixed.  I hope they can be limited or another studio takes what PUBG has and just polishes it, I'd spend 100 on that game.

 

Do you stutter on solo drops far away from other players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 1:23 PM, Eggochiggo said:

Desync does happen in a lot of games, but in a game like APEX or fotrnite you don't get killed in 3 shots so the games are affected far less.  Plus in other games the amount of time start to finish is far shorter, so in pubg you can waste 30-40 mins due to a desync scenario, if i die in another BR it takes far less time to get into a game so my time doesn't feel wasted.

 

Plus I've been playing PUBG since April 2016 and the game was in a far better spot at previous times when I've played so something has changed and my computer never used to stutter like it does now.  I have a 1080 TI with 16gb of RAM, every other game runs flawless so I know it's not my setup as I can't really have a much better build.  People have been complaining about the same things for years and I used to defend them saying they will be addressed.  Being it's been over 3 years, the problems just cant be fixed.  I hope they can be limited or another studio takes what PUBG has and just polishes it, I'd spend 100 on that game.

 

Same here, 1080 Ti with 16gb RAM. I do think my CPU could use an upgrade (Ryzen 7 1700, normal clock speed) but I do know that has nothing to do with the lag I'm experiencing. The setup I have now is leaps and bounds better than before, and other than the lag deaths the game runs pretty smoothly for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 6:01 PM, embecmom said:

so i upgraded my HDD to an SDD and wiped my whole pc, re installed windows ... updated everythign... lag on landing has all but gone it seems...so it was my old HDD that was causing most of it.. the frequent stuttering I was having has also been cured too.. so I was moaning that it could not be my pc..and lo it appears it was.

btw Vikendi is still a laggy horrible mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...