Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm already dreaming of an actual desert with pyramids, footprints in sand, ladder climbing and Desert Eagles. You guys are so close.

46449472332_4369991cc8_b.jpg

6170e323395eed11a595e6278c2e2996-700.jpg

Steel-fixed-ladder-03.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miramar 2.0 should be 6x6, have more towns spotted around the map, and should be easier to drive around. I'd be happy with that.

  • Like 2
  • RIP 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BeerusTheDestroy said:

Mexico and Egypt are completely different places on earth you know that right?

Your right. Mayans and Incas, however did have pyramid like structures, sort of like Tomb Raider type temples. So let me recant "temples."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corbachev said:

Your right. Mayans and Incas, however did have pyramid like structures, sort of like Tomb Raider type temples. So let me recant "temples."

Yeah, but they look something like this:
Image result for nazca temple

 

The ones you're remembering are more "Sanhok" like:

Image result for machu picchu

BUT...

I would like to see a green part of Miramar with temples, much like that northern part, that oasis we never go to because of circle movement.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corbachev said:

Your right. Mayans and Incas, however did have pyramid like structures, sort of like Tomb Raider type temples. So let me recant "temples."

Miramar is like pure North Mexican map which close to the US border.

 

The pyramids and things suits completely in Sanhok.

 

But if you wanna see silky smooth desert with pyramids and towns there is a problem. 

 

Most of the players complained about Miramar because they cannot used terrain properly and devs added more trees and separated buildings around of the map. Finding a cover is one of the main things of PUBG so people probably won't like a  naked map with sand and some villages + buildings like pyramids. And Miramar is great just as it is. It doesn't need any change for my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Boodgemeister said:

Yeah, but they look something like this:
Image result for nazca temple

 

The ones you're remembering are more "Sanhok" like:

Image result for machu picchu

BUT...

I would like to see a green part of Miramar with temples, much like that northern part, that oasis we never go to because of circle movement.

This is a beautiful suggestion. This could be a good thing just as an idea for starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BeerusTheDestroy said:

Miramar is great just as it is. It doesn't need any change for my opinion.

A bit off topic, but I dislike circle movement on Miramar. The map itself is fine. I don't mind lack of cover and open areas. It's a nice change compared to other maps.
Circle movement makes you have a running marathon across the map and usually playing around center of the map, never utilizing the potential and nice areas of the map.

The map has so much potential and it's just never used at all. The most interesting parts are corners of that map, which we never go to.
Btw, we already have some ruins to the northwest of the map. We could have Machu Picchu there or something.

However, circle just ruins it for me. 

  • Like 3
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miramar remake but it's actually Iraq instead of Mexico would be awesome 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

A bit off topic, but I dislike circle movement on Miramar. The map itself is fine. I don't mind lack of cover and open areas. It's a nice change compared to other maps.
Circle movement makes you have a running marathon across the map and usually playing around center of the map, never utilizing the potential and nice areas of the map.

The map has so much potential and it's just never used at all. The most interesting parts are corners of that map, which we never go to.
Btw, we already have some ruins to the northwest of the map. We could have Machu Picchu there or something.

However, circle just ruins it for me. 

There are western style towns in there as well. One of my latest game the circle ended in there. I felt like a cowboy for a second then when I looked my hand  I saw a SCAR and said nwm.

 

But in total you are completely right. The best parts of the map is on edges and PUBG should change the circle system on there. Bridges of Miramar is way better than Erangel but bridge fights not happening like Erangel. Also the lake area on north was amazing as well so does the south part. I even wanna see the oil rigs which is staying outside of the map in playable areas.

Edited by BeerusTheDestroy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Whiplash27 said:

Miramar 2.0 should be 6x6, have more towns spotted around the map, and should be easier to drive around. I'd be happy with that.

Agreed, 8x8 is too big. But 4x4 is too small as well.  Perhaps Sanhok gets another island making it 4x5.

[/offtopic]

Edited by Opaflodder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

A bit off topic, but I dislike circle movement on Miramar.

[...]
However, circle just ruins it for me. 

More vehicles around the edge of the map so that it becomes viable to land there. Otherwise it is looting for a minute, running a marathon and die of the blue zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miramar is the best map ever. 8x8 is perfectly fine, learn to play that. 

I hope they'll remaster the graphics of the map like with Erangel.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SoulbringerITA said:

Miramar is the best map ever. 8x8 is perfectly fine, learn to play that. 

I hope they'll remaster the graphics of the map like with Erangel.

I don't know the remastering thing man.

 

Devs saying we cannot increase weapon variety because it causes performance issues then instead of working optimization they make the things more complicated. I haven't played remastered version so don't know has it performance issues or not but , If the answer is yes then I don't wanna see a remastered thing. If the answer is no then it will be OK then but only for Erangel.

 

The reason of it Miramar is a year younger than Erangel so it looks OK for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BeerusTheDestroy said:

I don't know the remastering thing man.

  

 Devs saying we cannot increase weapon variety because it causes performance issues then instead of working optimization they make the things more complicated. I haven't played remastered version so don't know has it performance issues or not but , If the answer is yes then I don't wanna see a remastered thing. If the answer is no then it will be OK then but only for Erangel.

  

The reason of it Miramar is a year younger than Erangel so it looks OK for myself.

 

I tried erangel update this weekend and it was absolutely gorgeous. It runs fine for me with steady 100+ fps at 1440p with a 1080ti...I see not much difference with the "old" erangel.

All is much more detailed: buildings, grass, trees, there are even scratches on the fences! The color palette is more vivid and the map feels more alive and realistic, for me. 

Spotting enemies is more difficult and I bet the new grass will be a gamechanger for snakes and proners in last circles.

 

 

Yeah, Miramar is more recent than Erangel but a lot of buildings on miramar could use a rework as they're really dull and simple.

Edited by SoulbringerITA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 часа назад, Boodgemeister сказал:

Yeah, but they look something like this:
Image result for nazca temple

 

The ones you're remembering are more "Sanhok" like:

Image result for machu picchu

BUT...

I would like to see a green part of Miramar with temples, much like that northern part, that oasis we never go to because of circle movement.

National Geographic thread 😁😁😁

Edited by lesh4n
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

Circle movement makes you have a running marathon across the map and usually playing around center of the map, never utilizing the potential and nice areas of the map.

 

V.E.H.I.C.L.E.

Gotta have one on Miramar. Should get you to the 4th-5th circle. Then you're on your own.

 

I still am shocked when people say - "lets just run" to the 2nd circle or something. It's like DUDE, we'll be there in 30 seconds in a vehicle and can go to the middle and not worry about running the rest of the game!

You sound like one of them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Opaflodder said:

More vehicles around the edge of the map so that it becomes viable to land there. Otherwise it is looting for a minute, running a marathon and die of the blue zone. 

 

I frequently jump toward the edges - prison, military, that far off NW city.

If you know where vehicles usually spawn (hint - roads) you should find them pretty easily.

 

Usually I can loot in peace too, even in military.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mad_Hater said:

V.E.H.I.C.L.E.

When I said "running marathon" I wasn't trying to imply you're going to use your feet to get there (even though it looks like I did). It's just too boring, vehicle or not. You either drop in the center and actually use feet, or drop to the edge of the map and see no one for about 20 mins while you spend a good time of it looting and getting a vehicle. Just not my cup of tea. And while on the subject of it, vehicles are not always an option too. You usually have one fight to clear your surroundings and then nothing happens for quite a while. Some matches play out great, most of them are a snooze fest.
Sanhok is the polar opposite of that where you don't have time to even loot boxes. But it's something I prefer to dragged out gameplay of Miramar. For some reason it works better for Erangel. Erangel seems to have it balanced, leaning on the passive side.

Shame, I like the setting of the map. I always had a thing for deserts. Mad Max, Desperado and shit. I see none of that on Miramar. 
For me it's akin to The Flowers of Robert Mapplethorpe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Boodgemeister said:

When I said "running marathon" I wasn't trying to imply you're going to use your feet to get there (even though it looks like I did). It's just too boring, vehicle or not. You either drop in the center and actually use feet, or drop to the edge of the map and see no one for about 20 mins while you spend a good time of it looting and getting a vehicle. Just not my cup of tea. And while on the subject of it, vehicles are not always an option too. You usually have one fight to clear your surroundings and then nothing happens for quite a while. Some matches play out great, most of them are a snooze fest.
Sanhok is the polar opposite of that where you don't have time to even loot boxes. But it's something I prefer to dragged out gameplay of Miramar. For some reason it works better for Erangel. Erangel seems to have it balanced, leaning on the passive side.

Shame, I like the setting of the map. I always had a thing for deserts. Mad Max, Desperado and shit. I see none of that on Miramar. 
For me it's akin to The Flowers of Robert Mapplethorpe.

Erangel may be an 8x8, but a huge portion of it is water. Most of the map fits in a 6x5 area. If you put the whole thing together you may get a 6.5 x 5.5. Compare that to Miramar, which would probably be closer to a 7.5 x 7. It's a lot bigger. It's why I say that the map would work way better as a 6x6. They need to cut a chunk of it out to start with.

 

Even Sanhok is a 4x4, but it's really a lot smaller. If each grid box is worth 0.5 then it's probably more like a 3x3 when you put all of the land mass together.

Edited by Whiplash27
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mad_Hater said:

If you know where vehicles usually spawn (hint - roads) you should find them pretty easily.

I have watched enough streams and comps to know where to look. The problem is, they have a 100% spawn rate, we as a normal player, we don't.

 

Playerunknown-Battlegrounds-Gun-Location

(I know it's old, but I have found no info on updates)

Look at where the 100% vehicle are? DEAD CENTER! (besides the 2 in novorepnoye)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Whiplash27 said:

Erangel may be an 8x8, but a huge portion of it is water. Most of the map fits in a 6x5 area. If you put the whole thing together you may get a 6.5 x 5.5. Compare that to Miramar, which would probably be closer to a 7.5 x 7. It's a lot bigger. It's why I say that the map would work way better as a 6x6. They need to cut a chunk of it out to start with.

 

Even Sanhok is a 4x4, but it's really a lot smaller. If each grid box is worth 0.5 then it's probably more like a 3x3 when you put all of the land mass together.

Hence I think that Sanhok could use another island.

 

For miramir, just cut off the north 2km and relocate the military island to the south east as an island with 2 bridges... (Just an idea.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Opaflodder said:

For miramir, just cut off the north 2km

You don't need to cut anything. It can be a 20x20 map, and you can still have 15min games on it.
Circle movement is key here. Especially circle placement. It's not the map that makes games last long, it's the circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

You don't need to cut anything. It can be a 20x20 map, and you can still have 15min games on it.
Circle movement is key here. Especially circle placement. It's not the map that makes games last long, it's the circle.

Except if you have a huge map with normal circle speed people would have to be reliant on vehicles to get around. Now if the Devs want to add more vehicles and heck, throw in some helicopters while you're at it, then sure, make a huge map. However, as it stands Miramar is too big especially if you get some extreme circles that keep pushing away from you. It ends up becoming a marathon simulator. 

Edited by Whiplash27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...