Killah instinxx

Cant hear footsteps as well as before

For me it a very intermittent problem some games are fine others I close all doors and then there are two guys in the same room as me, no sound at all, seems to mostly happen on Vikendi. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Killah instinxx said:

Was there a patch on footsteps? Cant hear hardly at times anymore

Seems like it. Even my own footsteps and those my squad seem to be quieter.

Edited by ColonicBoom

6 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Seems like it. Even my own footsteps and those my squad seem to be quieter.

My footfalls are annoying loud.  I'll take shoes off a kill and they will be a hell of alot  quieter. Weird?......yes.

This has been a huge issue for many months and I’m baffled as to why more people don’t complain about it. The footsteps problem is game breaking imo. I’ve died way too many times due to not hearing someone come into the same room as me or even when they’ve RUN up to the building I’m in. Some games the sound is fine but a lot of them, it just plain sucks. You know there’s an issue when you can hear your teammates feet slapping the floor 2 houses over but you can’t hear the enemy run up and come in your building. In the beginning,

this game used to have such great sound and was praised for how well it was done. I dunno what happened or why they screwed it up and haven’t fixed it. But something needs to be done cause this game has come a long way but I’m seriously sick of dying due to these sound issues. And it’s not due to lack of expensive headset, so let’s not get into that argument..

• Like 3

I’m having a huge issue with directional sound right now. Also getting upstairs sound while the enemy was downstairs. Game crashed hard too. Besides the point. 

11 minutes ago, OOokvltoOO said:

I’m having a huge issue with directional sound right now. Also getting upstairs sound while the enemy was downstairs. Game crashed hard too. Besides the point. 

I've just had a final circle where the enemies footsteps were to my right and on grass so I spun to the right...

But the enemy was to my left and walking on rocky cliffs. I couldn't clip it because I was streaming.

Not an excuse, I won the chicken dinner anyway but it almost cost me.

1 minute ago, ColonicBoom said:

I've just had a final circle where the enemies footsteps were to my right and on grass so I spun to the right...

But the enemy was to my left and walking on rocky cliffs. I couldn't clip it because I was streaming.

Also I’m super worn out from my workday and I keep blaming myself for all my fails. I ran right past a guy and never heard a thing. Usually you can hear them shift around a bit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

I had similar on Vikendi yesterday. Walking around the base of a mountain, I killed a guy on my left then heard footsteps approaching from what seemed like the right (around the corner i'd just come from). Sounded like they were walking on the rocky bit. I turn to go investigate, see nothing, turn back confused and he is about 10 metres away coming from the direction i shot the other guy, walking on the snow.

I took a shotgun to the face.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'll try to remember to upload the clip after work but I have several videos that there is a clear sound issue with hearing every other footstep as you run depending on the gun in your hand. Almost like you left foot is making noise but when the right foot lands, no sound. This specific issue has only been around since the last patch but in the video you can clearly hear it from both my perspective and my duo partner confirmed the same. He was able to replicate it for his character and I recorded it as well. 

I know this issue isn't the same as the OP's but could contribute to not hearing certain players. And I definitely agree that footstep sounds have changed and multiple times over the course of development. This can be confirmed by how many times we had the "ghost footsteps" issue that was fixed, then brought back, then fixed again. If I had to guess, they accidentally lowered the overall footstep noise around the same time the red zone bombs were toned down, but I can't be 100% sure.

Edited by Dre Man 1990
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Dre Man 1990 said:

I have several videos that there is a clear sound issue with hearing every other footstep as you run depending on the gun in your hand.

And I definitely agree that footstep sounds have changed and multiple times over the course of development. This can be confirmed by how many times we had the "ghost footsteps" issue that was fixed, then brought back, then fixed again. If I had to guess, they accidentally lowered the overall footstep noise around the same time the red zone bombs were toned down, but I can't be 100% sure.

I've noticed the 'every other footstep' thing too, I didn't realise it was related to the gun though.

That's the truth. I'd guess the same thing. WackyJacky posted an update about footsteps getting louder on PC, when Vikendi arrived, they seemed to get quieter for us when we got that update and they seem to have changed again with this update.

• Thanks 1

I think they need to add some kind of dynamic compression to the audio, the volume of some sounds is way over the top.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

I think they need to add some kind of dynamic compression to the audio, the volume of some sounds is way over the top.

Water is my affliction.  This sound level is way higher than anything else.  Grenads being the 2nd most annoying sound. 

The Red zone is pleasant in comparison.

• Like 1

Seriously, this is game breaking. I have noticed there is a general audio issue happening. I've lost count on the amount of times my team mate(s) have died because they didn't hear the enemy running up in their building or around them. Sometimes I hear footsteps and they don't, they hear gunshots CLOSE and i dont? Vice versa. This hasnt been an issue before but it is most definitely a serious thing now

• Like 1

I experienced all of the above. But even the gun shots don’t sound right, sorry for going off topic but it sounds weird when people are shooting a surpressed weapon from a distance. I’ll try to capture it and post it when I can.