lorenzo999

Help a noob: struggling to improve

I’m a nearly-noob player with 1500 games and 10 wins. Last season I had a slightly positive K/D ratio in Solo 1.25,

0.75/0.80 in Duo, 0.65 in squad.

A month ago I switched from Type A to Type B and I’m now using an elite controller with LB mapped on a paddle.

I mainly play Duo, before that change I was getting a good number of kills and I always got in top 3-4 a couple of times every night. Now I feel that I’ve got used to my new controls but in the last days my game sessions has been tragic and I cannot understand why.

I play in European servers.

In this clip I tried to reposition and get advantage but I ended up exposing myself to the sniper. Also my aim has been potatoish here.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AojHH1GV_zLviDJFEl93lZuT2dU3

What would have you done different here?

The only thing I would have done differently is crouch, spray full auto, turn and run if he didn't go down immediately. Maybe go in to training mode and practice crouching everytime you full auto. Try mapping B to one of your right paddles if you haven't already done so

• Like 1

You look like your not comfortable with your sensitivities as you missed an easy knock on that guy. Maybe spend some time fine tuning your aim in training mode. Everyone potatoes but if you're consistently shooting at people and not getting kills you need to reevaluate and figure out why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, NathHolloran said:

You look like your not comfortable with your sensitivities as you missed an easy knock on that guy. Maybe spend some time fine tuning your aim in training mode. Everyone potatoes but if you're consistently shooting at people and not getting kills you need to reevaluate and figure out why.

Can you post your sens? For research purpose 

31 minutes ago, jjarQue said:

Can you post your sens? For research purpose 

Type B

Vibration: Off

Both deadzones: 10

Fwd running sensitivity: 25

Movement sensitivity: 50

Aim accelaration: Off

General: 13

OTS: 13

1x: 9

2x: 9

3x: 11

4x: 9

6x: 9

8x:9 

15x: 20 (and it's still slow af)

And I use an elite controller with the extended thumbsticks 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NathHolloran said:

Type B

Fwd running sensitivity: 25

Aim accelaration: Off

General: 13

OTS: 13

1x: 9

2x: 9

3x: 11

4x: 9

6x: 9

8x:9 

15x: 20 (and it's still slow af)

And I use an elite controller with the extended thumbsticks 

You forgot vertical multiplier % and sensitivity curve in right stick 🤪🤣 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lorenzo999 said:

I would always have a longer scope, even if only a 2x, for my secondary (longer range) weapon. If I hadn't found one yet then I wouldn't have taken the shot unless I was sure I was going to land it. I would have lined myself up a bit better at the window so, when I went into ADS, I wouldn't have had to adjust as much as you did. Then I would have waited until I could maximise my chance to land that first shot on his head to panic the enemy.

I wouldn't have jumped out of the building when you did, I would have considered using the grenade. If I did jump out, I would have gone the other way, behind the machinery just outside the window, to see if I had a better shot across the road (and the ability to crouch while shooting). I would have considered the grenade again while behind the machinery.

Once that moped turned up (2 more enemies?), I would have jumped back into the building (@1:39). You/they would have attracted attention by that point so there could be enemy eyes from all angles. When you shot at the second enemy, I would have crouched and made sure not to fire until I was on target, I would have gone straight for his his head because he had no idea you were there.

I also wouldn't have used burst fire.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jjarQue said:

You forgot vertical multiplier % and sensitivity curve in right stick 🤪🤣 

Think vert multiplier is 90 and sens curve is smooth but on the furthest left notch, basically one notch up from 0

Using someone else's sensitivity settings will do u no good this game is more about muscle memory and what u like. I only scope when already on target and adjust slightly so my sens are very low 3-4. Others do opposite scope then snap to target. Use game dvr analyze all your deaths and kills with the various sights. Can't keep up w target too low bouncing past target right to left too high. Because muscle memory plays such a huge part after changing a setting at least play 10-15 games where u get in a gunfight w changed sight.

I mod for these channels stop by and we can gladly help. 

Mixer.com/tiltedbydefault

Mixer.com/tech_joist

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jacque A Loo said:

The only thing I would have done differently is crouch, spray full auto, turn and run if he didn't go down immediately. Maybe go in to training mode and practice crouching everytime you full auto. Try mapping B to one of your right paddles if you haven't already done so

I was thinking to add another paddle now that I've got used to the one on the left, tonight I'll try with one paddle mapped to B for crouching.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, NathHolloran said:

I've recently increased my sensitivity for 1X gradually from 3 to 6 but I will probably get back to 4.

My current settings are:

Type B

Fwd running sensitivity: 20

Aim acceleration: 5

Vertical Sens Multiplier: 100%

General: 8

OTS: 8

1x: 6

2x: 6

3x: 6

4x: 6

6x: 6

8x:6

15x: 8

Smooth preset on the right stick.

Edited by lorenzo999

few observations based on your clip:

-ump + beryl is not a great loadout.  You walked right over a mini which is far superior for mid to long range

-the hesitation when you peak the window is obvious.  I think you waited much to long to start taking shots.  the fact that you missed is not a big deal, we all miss shots

-I won't comment on the rotation out of the building besides that I can tell how/if you're coordinating with your teammate.  it is good in general that you rotated at all

-burst mode is ~useless for all weapons.  Single tap or control spray in full auto.  You potatoed that last fight in large part because of your weapon's fire mode

Invert X-Axis: Off

Invert Y-Axis: On

Dead zones: 5

Forward running sens: 20

Movement: 80

Vertical %: 70

General: 7

Vehicle drive: 6

Aim acceleration: On

Aim acceleration rate: 7

Over the shoulder: 5

1x: 3

2x: 3

4x: 2

6x: 2

8x: 3

15x : 20

IF it helps ,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lorenzo999 said:

I’m a nearly-noob player with 1500 games and 10 wins. Last season I had a slightly positive K/D ratio in Solo 1.25,

A month ago I switched from Type A to Type B and I’m now using an elite controller with LB mapped on a paddle.

I mainly play Duo, before that change I was getting a good number of kills and I always got in top 3-4 a couple of times every night. Now I feel that I’ve got used to my new controls but in the last days my game sessions has been tragic and I cannot understand why.

In this clip I tried to reposition and get advantage but I ended up exposing myself to the sniper. Also my aim has been potatoish here.

About my point of view, you would be able to kill that dude if you wouldn't forget the gun in burst.  About the positioning all was ok, that's the part of the game... you are never safe where you are. You should go to the training map , and practice with few snipers to have a better damage in range.

7.62 AR's terrible snipers , 5.56 AR's good snipers. SMG's are the worst. Like you want to shoot with a shotgun in range.

So go ahead at training map , spend there few hours to try as many combos as possible. And adjust your sensitivity to feel comfortable with it. I saw you pressed the stick and your crosshair went near the dude => change stick deadzone. 

U'll be fine man just go practice a bit on training map ;) Keep it going! You can make it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lorenzo999 said:

I've recently increased my sensitivity for 1X gradually from 3 to 6 but I will probably get back to 4.

My current settings are:

Type B

Fwd running sensitivity: 20

Aim acceleration: 5

Vertical Sens Multiplier: 100%

General: 8

OTS: 8

1x: 6

2x: 6

4x: 6

6x: 6

8x:6

15x: 8

Smooth preset on the right stick.

I'd turn aim accel OFF and up your sensitivities a bit. I find aim accel fucks with your muscle memory too much 

1 minute ago, NathHolloran said:

I'd turn aim accel OFF and up your sensitivities a bit. I find aim accel fucks with your muscle memory too much 

Nea..... 3.2 k/d ratio in solo. doing well with it

21 minutes ago, Unrated882 said:

few observations based on your clip:

-ump + beryl is not a great loadout.  You walked right over a mini which is far superior for mid to long range

-the hesitation when you peak the window is obvious.  I think you waited much to long to start taking shots.  the fact that you missed is not a big deal, we all miss shots

-I won't comment on the rotation out of the building besides that I can tell how/if you're coordinating with your teammate.  it is good in general that you rotated at all

-burst mode is ~useless for all weapons.  Single tap or control spray in full auto.  You potatoed that last fight in large part because of your weapon's fire mode

I realized being in Burst mode while watching the clip. I use auto-spray-pray 90% of the times but here I had a high recoil weapon with no vertical grip so I went for burst for a medium range moving enemy.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, lorenzo999 said:

Best advice I can give you right now is get in training mode and work on full auto with the 556/762 weapons. I don't ever want to see you single firing or burst firing a weapon again in that close of range :-). Come up with a training/warm up routine before you play every day. I would suggest early on starting with shooting 2000 rounds through an M4 and a 762 AR with red dot before every match. As you start to learn to control recoil, you can lower the amount of rounds and try it with different scopes. My routine every single day is to shoot 500 rounds through an M4 with a red dot, 2x, and 4x on full auto. I also shoot 100 rounds through various DMRs.  

Edit: Also use minimal grips/barrel attachments so you get worst case scenario when practicing recoil control. Slowly start adding the grips to the guns to get used to the different recoil patterns after you've mastered controlling recoil on a bare bones M4.

Edited by SandmaN20
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lorenzo999 said:

I realized being in Burst mode while watching the clip. I use auto-spray-pray 90% of the times but here I had a high recoil weapon with no vertical grip so I went for burst for a medium range moving enemy.

Try to change the sensitivity  of 1x optic. Go on training map dude for a round and try every combo you want to use , and u'll see that in few week you'll be a master

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Stend said:

7kd in solo, doing better without it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Stend said:

11 minutes ago, NathHolloran said:

7kd in solo, doing better without it 

I always find the AA debate interesting. If you look at any of the top players - AimBot, Gaga, JTX, etc, they all still use Type A with AA around 5. Logically, the muscle memory argument makes sense for having AA off. Personally, I leave AA on at 1. My sensitivities are very very close to yours Nath, but when I turned AA off with those same sensitivities, everything felt slower for me. I don't know what the correct answer is in the AA debate outside of using what feels best for you. I do find it interesting that the 10-12 KD players still use Type A with higher AA though...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lorenzo999 said:

Dude forget the controls - at 1:05 they're completely distracted by your teammate and have no idea where you are until you shoot. I would have told your teammate to just keep them distracted then gone out a back window in your house, snuck around to that big blue tractor in front of you, thrown that grenade in your inventory, and then shot at them.

I think going where you went gave them a straight on fight with you and towards that tractor would have had them pinned between you and your buddy.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SandmaN20 said:

Best advice I can give you right now is get in training mode and work on full auto with the 556/762 weapons.

Edit: Also use minimal grips/barrel attachments so you get worst case scenario when practicing recoil control.

Exactly what I do, no grips in training.

Most people kit everything out with their favourite loadout and then annoy other people in the lobby that are trying to use the sniper range. I just grab a level 3 bag, fill it with ammo and a few different scopes, then I go and shoot a mark/letter on a sign for 10 minutes.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SandmaN20 said:

I always find the AA debate interesting. If you look at any of the top players - AimBot, Gaga, JTX, etc, they all still use Type A with AA around 5. Logically, the muscle memory argument makes sense for having AA off. Personally, I leave AA on at 1. My sensitivities are very very close to yours Nath, but when I turned AA off with those same sensitivities, everything felt slower for me. I don't know what the correct answer is in the AA debate outside of using what feels best for you. I do find it interesting that the 10-12 KD players still use Type A with higher AA though...

I have AA with 7 , i feel comfortable with it. Good when spraying a vehicle.

For the second gun fight I would also have stayed closer to cover. I noticed you moving left out of cover as your shots didn’t hit. Peek out shoot. Then duck back.