Sign in to follow this  
705   Bodybuilding fanatic

Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 problems

Hello guys.

I Just purchased a new headset to play this game but I can't seem to get it sounding right.

So Basically I have a sound card in my pc. Which is the sound blasterx ae 5.

This being said this new headset will not work with pc unless you plug it into a usb port. Now when I do this, It using the motherboard sound which is quite low. Very low compared to my other headset that can be plugged into my sound card.

I thought if i were to purchase a micro cable with a male aux end to plug into a splitter and put it into my sound blaster, but it does not even work :(.

So now I am stuck with a brand new headset that does not work properly. Anyone got any suggests or input they can give me???

Please help

Thanks for the reply. I do not think it will work but i will have to give it a try.

Just because it does not connect to my sound blaster so how would it use that sound from the card instead of my motherboard :(

But omw to try this

Posted (edited)

Previously I was responding to the low volume issue.

You won't be able to use that headset with your sound card. It doesn't even use your motherboard's built in sound. It uses the sound that is built into the headset. If you want to use your sound card you will have to get a headset that is compatible with it. 3.5mm(1/8") aux jack or S/PDIF. If you can I would return that headset, do some research, and then pick a headset that will work for you.

Edit: Did your headset come with a second cable that has a 3.5mm aux jack? Judging from the Logitech website it should have. From Logitech "System Requirements -USB port or 3.5 mm audio port". If it did just use the 3.5mm aux cable to plug it into your sound card.

Edited by ZMBU

If you plug in with the 3.5mm aux and sound still doesn't work try going into windows sound settings and make sure your sound card is your default device. To do so - right click the speaker icon in the task tray, click sounds, click the playback tab, select the device you want to use and make sure it is set as default. also make sure the same is true under the recording tab, other wise your mic might not work. If none of that works I would suggest contacting Logitech and Sound Blaster Support and tell them what is going on, They would be the most knowledgeable people on this issue.

• Like 1

Last ZMBU post is correct.

Logitech have their own usb dongle witch is external sound card. So you have to download Logitech Gaming Software and set it there. You can also not use dongle and plug it direct to soundcard in your PC then you have to set it up like the post above. Right click, sounds, playback/recording and set it as default device. Also, game doesnt support 7.1 so dont use it otherwise sounds will be low, use stereo for the game.

I've been trough all this with my g430.

Had that same headset. Never had any issues with it like that. Used the usb wireless, 7.1 and was fine. Check settings in ghub.