Mr. Smalls

Designated vault button please 😁😎

We need a designated vault only button. On PC you can map a key to vault only. Console needs to see similar functionality. That is all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A simple hold jump would work.

If you're holding jump a vault or mantle will be performed when you are lined up properly with the terrain.

Jumping can be upon release of the button. 

So, you're running up to a window... you press and hold jump prior to getting there... Once your in position you'll vault through... release button during animation to cancel jump.

I'm surprised this hasn't been done already.

@PUBG_Andymh5- pass it along! :)

Edited by pajama dad
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Smalls said:

We need a designated vault only button. On PC you can map a key to vault only. Console needs to see similar functionality. That is all.

Which key would you bind it to? 

Controllers have limited buttons with which to bind actions to and they are pretty much all used currently.

4 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Controllers have limited buttons with which to bind actions to and they are pretty much all used currently.

Panama dad had a good idea on hold a for vault.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Takarii said:

@pajama dad idea ain't bad. Not to mention paddles on controllers I hear are becoming quite the rage among all the kids these days.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Stick buttons are only used when ads/ots unless auto running after double tapping left stick. So the right stick button would work great for vaulting. I mean, you’re already using the right stick to aim at what you want to vault, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by HelloDaddio
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

Stick buttons are only used when ads/ots unless auto running after double tapping left stick. So the right stick button would work great for vaulting. I mean, you’re already using the right stick to aim at what you want to vault, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Another good suggestion!!  @Takarri  what are your thoughts on these two options?  Any chance we could PLEASE have something like this?

I just remembered that the right stick button puts a mark on the compass. I don’t use that feature ever. I guess my question then would be, how many people actually use the compass marker? And if not many, could we have it changed to vaulting instead?

2 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

I use my right stick to move. controlling movement and clicking to vault would be very awkward.

8 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

I just remembered that the right stick button puts a mark on the compass. I don’t use that feature ever. I guess my question then would be, how many people actually use the compass marker? And if not many, could we have it changed to vaulting instead?

Boo this man! 👎 you dont use that feature because you play solos! 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I use my right stick to move. controlling movement and clicking to vault would be very awkward.

You must be left handed? Or that’s just what you’re used to? Either way, you’ve got your buttons mapped different than usual so maybe yours can be mapped to use left stick button to vault?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mr. Smalls said:

Boo this man! 👎 you dont use that feature because you play solos! 😂

I’m out of reactions today. So here’s my “😂.” I’d play more duos or squads if I wasn’t such a terrible teammate that needed carried all the time 😅

Edited by HelloDaddio

17 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

You must be left handed? Or that’s just what you’re used to? Either way, you’ve got your buttons mapped different than usual so maybe yours can be mapped to use left stick button to vault?

I've been playing as a Southpaw since Goldeneye. Back then we starting playing the game using the analog stick to aim after I bought Turok the Dinosaur hunter. Turok had the analog aim controls only, and I couldn't go back and forth between the games... Fortunately Goldeneye had other control schemes. the 1.2 control option meant you turned AND looked up and down with the stick. The yellow C-buttons controlled movement (like a WASD on keyboards). And ever since then I've been playing with the left stick to aim. 

Using the left stick click to vault would also be a little weird as that is my run button, which is pretty commonly placed for a lot of games.

16 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I've been playing as a Southpaw since Goldeneye. Back then we starting playing the game using the analog stick to aim after I bought Turok the Dinosaur hunter. Turok had the analog aim controls only, and I couldn't go back and forth between the games... Fortunately Goldeneye had other control schemes. the 1.2 control option meant you turned AND looked up and down with the stick. The yellow C-buttons controlled movement (like a WASD on keyboards). And ever since then I've been playing with the left stick to aim. 

Using the left stick click to vault would also be a little weird as that is my run button, which is pretty commonly placed for a lot of games.

Hmmm. I guess you’d be the exception then lol. But I get it. I think any change would take some getting used to for anybody tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

@Mr. Smalls you dabbling in Xbox at all? Or are you still PS4ing?

I actually hooked my one x back up yesterday. Harold Brock's forum games have motivated me. Ps4 forums are dead and ps4 version is heavily lacking in features and playerbase.

Edited by Mr. Smalls

13 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

Hmmm. I guess you’d be the exception then lol. But I get it. I think any change would take some getting used to for anybody tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

Really it just shows how much we need controller customization.

17 minutes ago, BadBatch5040 said:

Sorry for being dumb,  but is this what the thread is about?  This can be done with a controller? How please.

I dunno... but I end up doing it a lot when I don't want to.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I dunno... but I end up doing it a lot when I don't want to.

This is a mistake I would like to make a take at.

Edited by BadBatch5040

yes please

rb is still available for some room.

press rb to vault 

hold rb to switch perspective

7 minutes ago, Fritt0 said:

yes please

rb is still available for some room.

press rb to vault 

hold rb to switch perspective

Hold RB is for free look

• Haha 1