1 hour ago, pajama dad said:

Its been a while since I've seen smoke grenades work as an effective distraction. https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/75087513

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/65014331

How are you guys using smokes?

I throw them at guys behind trees or rocks to make them think it’s a frag and flush them out of cover and shoot them. If it doesn’t work, I just blinded them and can then rotate to a different position where they won’t know where I am and can get a better angle on them.

Smokes are key for me in late circles, as I like to have 3-5 on me. Skip to the 1:30 mark (to avoid watching me switching guns) and you’ll see how I utilize smokes. At the 2:30 mark, I’m still not in cover and know I’m pinched between two players. So I smoke the rock the guy is behind to move up position.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/riotmaker2020/video/75093282

5 hours ago, pajama dad said:

In a bong most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I carry 3 if I can find them, plus 1 frag, 1 flash / molly.

If I use smoke to res a teammate I’ll replace ASAP. I find that if we get end circle and don’t have position (other team has hard cover and we have to run in), I’ll hit their position as hard as possible with smoke. We can’t see, but they can’t either. I  sometimes get grief off teammates for doing this but I won’t just charge in on a suicide push as it’s futile.

I don’t understand people who don’t carry at least one. When you’re knocked and everyone says “I got no smokes” it’s annoying, especially as I know I passed at least 3 during our looting phase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

I carry 3 if I can find them, plus 1 frag, 1 flash / molly.

If I use smoke to res a teammate I’ll replace ASAP. I find that if we get end circle and don’t have position (other team has hard cover and we have to run in), I’ll hit their position as hard as possible with smoke. We can’t see, but they can’t either. I  sometimes get grief off teammates for doing this but I won’t just charge in on a suicide push as it’s futile.

I don’t understand people who don’t carry at least one. When you’re knocked and everyone says “I got no smokes” it’s annoying, especially as I know I passed at least 3 during our looting phase.

Lately every time I've tried to smoke screen a rez I end up with someone tossing a grenade into the smoke.

6 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

Lately every time I've tried to smoke screen a rez I end up with someone tossing a grenade into the smoke.

I usually toss a few decoy smokes for this scenario 

9 hours ago, pajama dad said:

Either that or you get shot through it perfectly (no missed shots) like the smoke wasn't even rendered for the enemy....... this is why i try to use multiple smokes if possible, cover a bigger area.

22 hours ago, pajama dad said:

They gave me a chicky one time. Sanhock, rainy, me and last guy. I did not know where he was, but was certain he wasn't in one of the buildings....maybe grass snakeing or such. Decided to toss the smoke by the building and see what happens. Sure enough out of a bush, against the tree, keeping an eye on the building I smoked.

Deliciouse m249 via 4x scope win.....sorta....I got the first head shot, and a good arm or torso shot, then he ran off into the blue and died. XD

16 hours ago, pajama dad said:

I try to throw the smoke to block the line of site, rather than directly onto the knocked team mate. Then if they throw a grenade in the smoke, we're not actually in there.

6 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Either that or you get shot through it perfectly (no missed shots) like the smoke wasn't even rendered for the enemy....... this is why i try to use multiple smokes if possible, cover a bigger area.

I've been on the receiving end of a few of these. They don't seem to fire any hopeful shots, they just fire the kill shot, like they can see exactly where your head is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Line of 'site'

I hang my head in shame.

Its ok. You'll get threw.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

I try to throw the smoke to block the line of site, rather than directly onto the knocked team mate. Then if they throw a grenade in the smoke, we're not actually in there.

EXACTLY! the idea behind a smoke is not a area to hide "in" its an area to block the line of sight to hide behind. It also helps to use any sort of cover as well.

use the big tank battle from the movie Fury as an example, they simply blinded the tiger tank as to where they might be or go.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 9:02 AM, pajama dad said:

Its been a while since I've seen smoke grenades work as an effective distraction. https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/75087513

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/65014331

I use them to smoke:

1) recent kills, so I can loot their box safer 

2) downed teammates 

3) for the final circle in case I have to move out of cover into the open (most important).  You use the smoke like it’s a rock. You peek the left and right sides of the smoke. You don’t actually stand in it.

Edited by Cliq