Jump to content
Hollywood5150vh

Pts Lott increase is crap.

Recommended Posts

16 percent ar 14 percent drop and 12 percent SMG is crap. Still cant find loot on erangle. I mean screw it just dont even do it  as far as I care. We dont play anything anymore except mirmiar.  It is the only map my squad can find loot. We always back out unless we get mirmiar. This update is not going to change anything for us with such small amount increase. Still have major loot issue on Errangel. Need at min 25 percent increase across board. 

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played one match on erangal map on the pts and I found the loot considerably better to what I was used to. Landed gorge and with in a few houses I found a couple of scars, an M4, I am very hopeful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

16 percent ar 14 percent drop and 12 percent SMG is crap. Still cant find loot on erangle. I mean screw it just dont even do it  as far as I care. We dont play anything anymore except mirmiar.  It is the only map my squad can find loot. We always back out unless we get mirmiar. This update is not going to change anything for us with such small amount increase. Still have major loot issue on Errangel. Need at min 25 percent increase across board. 

 

This is the initial loot buff PC received a couple of months back - it's subsequently been buffed a lot more since then - hopefully we'll receive that latter buff when this patch goes live, along with the reworked sniper damage.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

We dont play anything anymore except mirmiar.  It is the only map my squad can find loot

That simply can’t be true. Sanhok has something like 6 times as much loot per square Km compared to Erangel on the old system, and even more compared to Miramar. 

How can you not kit out a squad on Sanhok? How can you not find loot in Vikendi? It’s a weird mix, but there is a lot of it. 

The worst loot distribution map is the one you claim is the best for you

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just clarify? A 16% increase they might as well not bother with, but 25% would be ok?

 

So where there was 100 of one weapon type, and it increased to 116, that's shit.. but the extra 9 will just make it all ok?

 

Here's what I don't get about loot complaints.. its randomly distributed across the map (ish) and so everyone suffers if the loot is shit, which means its still a level playing field, right?

 

So all increasing the loot does it make people feel better, cos they got a nice gun, but they are as likely to do well as before, cos everyone has a nice gun

 

Why don't we just pick a load out in advance, and drop fully loaded?

 

"Cos we like the looting, it adds so much to the game"

 

But u don't like the looting, cos u complain why u can't find anything!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be completely honest I never really have issues finding weapons on any map. Yea fair enough the loot on the bigger maps isnt as good as say Sanhok but it’s not exactly hard to gear up within 5-10min.

 

My advice to you is drop at a named town and try and make sure you wipe out anyone else who is in your town and if you don’t find a half decent gun then your the issue not the game lol. I’ve never gone longer than 5mins without finding something that’s usable.

 

Plus almost every solo match I play on any map I usually find a sniper more often than not so I never get these posts. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

To be completely honest I never really have issues finding weapons on any map. Yea fair enough the loot on the bigger maps isnt as good as say Sanhok but it’s not exactly hard to gear up within 5-10min.

 

My advice to you is drop at a named town and try and make sure you wipe out anyone else who is in your town and if you don’t find a half decent gun then your the issue not the game lol. I’ve never gone longer than 5mins without finding something that’s usable.

 

Plus almost every solo match I play on any map I usually find a sniper more often than not so I never get these posts. 

 

I'm with you on this one. I don't get all the loot complaints. I seem to find things fairly quickly. It may not be completely decked out, but that isn't always necessary either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

To be completely honest I never really have issues finding weapons on any map. Yea fair enough the loot on the bigger maps isnt as good as say Sanhok but it’s not exactly hard to gear up within 5-10min.

 

My advice to you is drop at a named town and try and make sure you wipe out anyone else who is in your town and if you don’t find a half decent gun then your the issue not the game lol. I’ve never gone longer than 5mins without finding something that’s usable.

 

Plus almost every solo match I play on any map I usually find a sniper more often than not so I never get these posts. 

I drop quieter places to loot early game because I die before finding a gun most games on hot drops. 

I don’t have trouble finding loot when I’ve got a minute to get it instead of being shot in the back. 

 

I think a lot of these posts are are based on being a gun snob. I’m happy to run a Tommy all game if I have to. Doesn’t bother me. A decent AR or a DMR with it is perfectly acceptable. A lot of players consider anything besides M4 or AK to be an inferior gun and won’t touch them

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FX Clutch said:

the loot should be what the players want to play with. and thats AR's not tommy guns. its not fun going head to head with a dude who is fully looted out with an ar and a sight and all u have is a tommy gun. its a shooting game so finding a good gun should not be such a hassle. u should have the choice to run an AR and less skilled players like u who dont take the game serious can run a tommy gun and get sent back to the lobby quick. 

You really miss the point of what a looting system is for, and the objective of the game. It’s a survival game, that doesn’t mean a shooting game. This isn’t COD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

16 percent ar 14 percent drop and 12 percent SMG is crap. Still cant find loot on erangle. I mean screw it just dont even do it  as far as I care. We dont play anything anymore except mirmiar.  It is the only map my squad can find loot. We always back out unless we get mirmiar. This update is not going to change anything for us with such small amount increase. Still have major loot issue on Errangel. Need at min 25 percent increase across board. 

 

Do you drop “shit shack”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also did not find the increase in loot to be very noticeable.  To be honest, I actually forgot the loot increase was applied to Erangel until a friend mentioned it.  We ran several matches on Erangel & I did not notice the apparently increased loot.

I still love play Erangel, don’t get me wrong, but this loot increase has me scratching my head a little.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me,

The point of the game is to find loot and survive by any means.

If you don't find great weapons straight away then tough.

Try to find some somewhere else or kill someone and take theirs.

Part of the fun is struggling with what you've got.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndyF said:

To me,

The point of the game is to find loot and survive by any means.

If you don't find great weapons straight away then tough.

Try to find some somewhere else or kill someone and take theirs.

Part of the fun is struggling with what you've got.

Exactly. 

 

Creeping somebody. Grenades. Camping. They all level the field no matter what gun you have. I’ve had 2 dinners with a Tommy Gun. It’s harder but this is what makes the game so interesting. 

 

When the pc patch 28 hits I will be happy with the increased loot, but it’s not a big deal to me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Prinzar said:

Exactly. 

 

Creeping somebody. Grenades. Camping. They all level the field no matter what gun you have. I’ve had 2 dinners with a Tommy Gun. It’s harder but this is what makes the game so interesting. 

 

When the pc patch 28 hits I will be happy with the increased loot, but it’s not a big deal to me

Me neither I'm still crap

I'd still be scrap with fully kitted out guns and armour and shit loads of 556 

Better loot doesn't always make better players imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played about 5 PTS matches on Erangel, so I can't offer an informed opinion. 


I think I need at least 35 matches or so to get a TRUE feel for the loot across the map.


I need to visit multiple locations multiple times to get a accurate sense of the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only want the rendering to be sorted out! The loot has always been ok! You have to drop in high risk areas to acquire it but that’s what makes the game so unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spanker63 said:

 

I'm with you on this one. I don't get all the loot complaints. I seem to find things fairly quickly. It may not be completely decked out, but that isn't always necessary either.

If anything, higher loot drops makes things worse for me.

 

Sanhok is terrible sometimes. I drop, and it happens sometimes that I won't be alone. The building I pick is a shotgun. The building the enemy picks is m4, beryl, lvl 2 armor.

 

the increased loot makes disparity in drop loot more noticeable sometimes. I prefer less loot, and the scramble for weapons leading into inital lightly equipped fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hollywood5150vh said:

16 percent ar 14 percent drop and 12 percent SMG is crap. Still cant find loot on erangle. I mean screw it just dont even do it  as far as I care. We dont play anything anymore except mirmiar.  It is the only map my squad can find loot. We always back out unless we get mirmiar. This update is not going to change anything for us with such small amount increase. Still have major loot issue on Errangel. Need at min 25 percent increase across board. 

 

Please let’s not forget that loot was set to 0.000001% chance of finding a AR before.

 

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FX Clutch said:

the loot should be what the players want to play with. and thats AR's not tommy guns. its not fun going head to head with a dude who is fully looted out with an ar and a sight and all u have is a tommy gun. its a shooting game so finding a good gun should not be such a hassle. u should have the choice to run an AR and less skilled players like u who dont take the game serious can run a tommy gun and get sent back to the lobby quick. 

So if the enemy can find a fully decked out m4 why can’t you? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erangel loot has always been fine to me but I pretty much drop exclusively at Mil Base. To test the loot increase I have been dropping in random places. Where before I use to drop and find nothing but level 1 gear and shottys I'm now walking away with 2 gear, meds, and ARs. 

5 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

 

This is the initial loot buff PC received a couple of months back - it's subsequently been buffed a lot more since then - hopefully we'll receive that latter buff when this patch goes live, along with the reworked sniper damage.

 As for this, we will receive everything PC has received in the order they received it. All the extra buffing and the SR nerf you're talking about will go live over the next couple patches as it happened on PC. They are just taking the PC updates and porting them to console in the order they came on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FX Clutch said:

the loot should be what the players want to play with. and thats AR's not tommy guns. its not fun going head to head with a dude who is fully looted out with an ar and a sight and all u have is a tommy gun. its a shooting game so finding a good gun should not be such a hassle. u should have the choice to run an AR and less skilled players like u who dont take the game serious can run a tommy gun and get sent back to the lobby quick. 

 

Some of the best games my squad and I have played is where we were loot deficient. When you don't have the good guns and loot you want, you have to play a little harder. Saying this I know of a couple games where we went in to final circle with tommy guns and the like and ended up with the chicken dinner. This game has a lot to do with adapting to what you have and not just expecting to be perfectly kitted each game

Edited by King Galahad
Iphone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr. Smalls said:

Erangel loot has always been fine to me but I pretty much drop exclusively at Mil Base. To test the loot increase I have been dropping in random places. Where before I use to drop and find nothing but level 1 gear and shottys I'm now walking away with 2 gear, meds, and ARs. 

 As for this, we will receive everything PC has received in the order they received it. All the extra buffing and the SR nerf you're talking about will go live over the next couple patches as it happened on PC. They are just taking the PC updates and porting them to console in the order they came on PC.

 

I know this mate, but, it has already been confirmed that they're planning to have the reworked sniper damage (130% as opposed to the 150% currently on the PTS) in this patch when it goes live next week. If they can do that then its possible we may also get the bigger Erangel loot buff too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndyF said:

To me,

The point of the game is to find loot and survive by any means.

If you don't find great weapons straight away then tough.

Try to find some somewhere else or kill someone and take theirs.

Part of the fun is struggling with what you've got.

100% agree.  Still find it odd though that loot was increased but I don’t find the change noticeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I didn't manage to get a game on Erangel yet.

 

Nearly all of our matches were on Miramar which is the map that's least affected by the update.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...