Sign in to follow this  
pajama dad

I made a mistake!

I accepted an invite to pubg!

Good friend @x MeAt SLiNgEr x was like, "PJ, lets hit some dubs on the pubs!"*

I was like, "Yeeeeraaahhhh booooiiiii! Fo sho!"**

Then, we were both like, "That was easy."***

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/75019753

Now I'm itching to play more. But I have so many other games to play!

Bonus clip- I thought I might as well try the new weapons on the pts: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/75019750

*Not a direct quote

**Also not a direct quote

***Almost a direct quote

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I accepted an invite to pubg!

Good friend @x MeAt SLiNgEr x was like, "PJ, lets hit some dubs on the pubs!"*

I was like, "Yeeeeraaahhhh booooiiiii! Fo sho!"**

Then, we were both like, "That was easy."***

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/75019753

Now I'm itching to play more. But I have so many other games to play!

Bonus clip- I thought I might as well try the new weapons on the pts: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/pajama-dad/video/75019750

*Not a direct quote

**Also not a direct quote

***Almost a direct quote

Good job. I have also noticed the overall skill level (broadly) has declined significantly. Long term play (I played 3 different days this week) is more annoying than fun because people consistently do...well...dumb stuff.

1 minute ago, Its Just Logic said:

Good job. I have also noticed the overall skill level (broadly) has declined significantly. Long term play (I played 3 different days this week) is more annoying than fun because people consistently do...well...dumb stuff.

Just before taking a break from the game I had a match where I was absolutely murdering a stream of new players in one match. One guy had exactly 6 deaths. Others were in the 40ish range.

You might just be getting lucky (unlucky?) with only 3 games as a sample size.

3 days of games? I didnt say I was doing bad...I wasnt...but it was annoying, "grinding" play rather than tactical like a chess match. I find PUBG boring when it doesnt feel like chess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Its Just Logic said:

3 days of games? I didnt say I was doing bad...I wasnt...but it was annoying, "grinding" play rather than tactical like a chess match. I find PUBG boring when it doesnt feel like chess.

crud... you wrote "days"... not games...

well... I could still just be your experience. Or maybe you came in along with a bunch of other new players.

I've found that the skill level has increased overall. A few yahoos still, going prone and getting killed.

Just now, pajama dad said:

well... I could still just be your experience. Or maybe you came in along with a bunch of other new players.

I've found that the skill level has increased overall. A few yahoos still, going prone and getting killed.

I guess I should be more specific. There are not hardly any newbs. There are also not any elite players (check the leaderboard - kids in top 10 have 1kdrs now some of them). So I agree there isnt a big skill gap but the skill level of players who are left is not great. I would say most players playing right now are a B+ based on the 3 days I played. They do lame stuff like camping buildings. At peak player count you couldnt do that stuff because teams would nade you out right away.

1 hour ago, Its Just Logic said:

I guess I should be more specific. There are not hardly any newbs. There are also not any elite players (check the leaderboard - kids in top 10 have 1kdrs now some of them). So I agree there isnt a big skill gap but the skill level of players who are left is not great. I would say most players playing right now are a B+ based on the 3 days I played. They do lame stuff like camping buildings. At peak player count you couldnt do that stuff because teams would nade you out right away.

The leaderboard logic changed to where it rewards time played over everything else. The elites are still playing, you just won’t see them chasing leaderboards now until the logic gets changed. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, pajama dad said:

This happens every time a new update is coming out. A bunch of players who haven’t played for a while are coming in to check things out or just an short influx of new players coming to check things out after hearing their friends talk about new updates. I feel the overall skill level normally though has increased significantly. But at the same time, some have gotten “better” at snakin around or corner camping. It’s frustrating sometimes. But I’ve noticed over time in videos that a lot of dudes here in forums are posting, the kill counts have increased tremendously. 

Edited by HelloDaddio
  • Like 2

You cant judge skill of the playerbase from the leaderboards, its not a skill based system.

• Like 1

FFP still has a small fraction of the top 20 crew I used to see around but its really unfortunate that they changed the formula then. It seemed equitable back when I played. Rewarded wins above all else along with giving a bump for individual achievements likw kdr and accuracy.

6 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

Saturday Solo’s

4 pm Chicago

10 pm London

I'm gonna try for that one.