Sign in to follow this  
Its Just Logic

After a ladder grind to rank #15 and 6 month hiatus...

The games mechanics are as bad if not worse. Desync seems unimproved from 6 months ago but the biggest problems I see not getting fixed? The gaming culture around PUBG. Players are still looking at clear evidence of desync (posted on the forum) and denying it.

Currently gamers across the board are getting an error message "servers are too busy." Which means PUBG has dramatically scaled back its already skimpy server resources (further evidence that desync is a huge issue).

PUBG devs see that and think, well it must be subjective then and do nothing. They launched PTS today and completely flopped it at multiple levels.

Most of the high level players have left the game (as evidenced by the stats of current top 10 players) so corner camping w/ aound whoring, bush laying, and pretty much every other poorly conceived tactic is abound particularly in tpp (which has always been questionable competitively speaking but now is downright arbitrary). 

PUBG corp post 20 million in PROFIT. Where is our completed game?

• Confused 3

31 minutes ago, Its Just Logic said:

Players are still looking at clear evidence of desync (posted on the forum) and denying it.

Where?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

When the most infamous denier of any post critical of PUBG especially desync comments "where?" 

The irony is confounding bro. 

Didnt you tell me 6 months ago region lock was a bad idea?

Edited by Its Just Logic

13 minutes ago, Its Just Logic said:

When the most infamous denier of any post critical of PUBG especially desync comments "where?" 

The irony is confounding bro. 

I don't deny desync, nor do I shut down legitimate criticism... I just don't see any being posted. Sometimes, regarding desync, its just a minor issue with ping. Others its people missing their shots plain and simple. As far as criticism goes, I find most people don't know how to present criticism and end up slinging insults based on the bad feelings they have. 

So when I ask "Where?" these denials are taking place it is because I don't see them. I've seen plenty of explanations. I've seen plenty of measured responses. But outright denials? Nope.

And I don't recall having a conversation with you about region lock. You can search for it if you like. But welcome back to the forums. I hope you're more able to contribute than the last time you were here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Its Just Logic said:

The games mechanics are as bad if not worse. Desync seems unimproved from 6 months ago but the biggest problems I see not getting fixed? The gaming culture around PUBG. Players are still looking at clear evidence of desync (posted on the forum) and denying it.

Currently gamers across the board are getting an error message "servers are too busy." Which means PUBG has dramatically scaled back its already skimpy server resources (further evidence that desync is a huge issue).

PUBG devs see that and think, well it must be subjective then and do nothing. They launched PTS today and completely flopped it at multiple levels.

Most of the high level players have left the game (as evidenced by the stats of current top 10 players) so corner camping w/ aound whoring, bush laying, and pretty much every other poorly conceived tactic is abound particularly in tpp (which has always been questionable competitively speaking but now is downright arbitrary). 

PUBG corp post 20 million in PROFIT. Where is our completed game?

Lots of talk with no facts or evidence.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nightscope74 said:

Lots of talk with no facts or evidence.

I have posted several videos as have others. All people say is "no evidence" or try and disupute the clarity of video extracted directly from XBL. Lol. I bet if you did a search of the term "no facts" there would be so many results the flooding control would activate. You are saying there arent any facts to suppprt my claims - yet PUBG had 2 million xbox players and now has less than 200k. Lol. Time to wise up 

47 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

I don't deny desync, nor do I shut down legitimate criticism... I just don't see any being posted. Sometimes, regarding desync, its just a minor issue with ping. Others its people missing their shots plain and simple. As far as criticism goes, I find most people don't know how to present criticism and end up slinging insults based on the bad feelings they have. 

So when I ask "Where?" these denials are taking place it is because I don't see them. I've seen plenty of explanations. I've seen plenty of measured responses. But outright denials? Nope.

And I don't recall having a conversation with you about region lock. You can search for it if you like. But welcome back to the forums. I hope you're more able to contribute than the last time you were here.

"I dont see any legitimate criticism"

Precisely the problem. 

Ping and desync are interrelated - this game is hosted on dedicated servers therefore ping is mostly an attribute of region locking algorithms (matchmaking more broadly) and server quality neither of which PUBG has adequately address. BO4 has a latency meter - why doesnt PUBG? Based on extensive FPS experience I can tell you PUBG ping is 60-70 for the best of games. Thats sad and nearly unplayable.

33 minutes ago, Its Just Logic said:

"I dont see any legitimate criticism"

Precisely the problem. 

Ping and desync are interrelated - this game is hosted on dedicated servers therefore ping is mostly an attribute of region locking algorithms (matchmaking more broadly) and server quality neither of which PUBG has adequately address. BO4 has a latency meter - why doesnt PUBG? Based on extensive FPS experience I can tell you PUBG ping is 60-70 for the best of games. Thats sad and nearly unplayable.

Perhaps your confirmation bias is in the way.

When I see internet issues causing a problem I call it. When someone misses their shots I call it. When someone moans and complains about hit registration but offers no video I call it.

• Like 2

pubgserverping.com

My average ping to my closest server (London) is 16

Definitely not unplayable

If ur gonna state facts, they should be actual facts, not just fabrications.. ur entire argument loses weight

57 minutes ago, Its Just Logic said:

I have posted several videos as have others. All people say is "no evidence" or try and disupute the clarity of video extracted directly from XBL. Lol. I bet if you did a search of the term "no facts" there would be so many results the flooding control would activate. You are saying there arent any facts to suppprt my claims - yet PUBG had 2 million xbox players and now has less than 200k. Lol. Time to wise up 

Not disputing your claim of desync, just all the other points you made in your post.

4 minutes ago, Migwar said:

pubgserverping.com

My average ping to my closest server (London) is 16

Definitely not unplayable

If ur gonna state facts, they should be actual facts, not just fabrications.. ur entire argument loses weight

If you live next to the server (like someone who lives on an island obviously would) its pretty obvious your ping is going to be an outlier. What I am trying to say is the pings on average for most players across the board are higher than other games. This is the result of lacking server resources and quality. Players like Shroud wont even play on a 60ms connection. I consistently get 35-40 ping on BO4. 

29 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

Perhaps your confirmation bias is in the way.

When I see internet issues causing a problem I call it. When someone misses their shots I call it. When someone moans and complains about hit registration but offers no video I call it.

I have a 400mb connection, hardwired directly to the modem, with no jitter whatsoever. My xbox gets 350ms when I do a speed test. My upload speed is 20mbs. You say that player side internet issues could be an issue but they cant because the game requires 4mb and the overwhelming majority of people have 3 times that. Missed shot? Based on your analysis of the Kar98 shot I posted, where people broke it down via screen caps showing the bullet going through an AFK players jaw, I cannot take any of your "missed shot," narratives seriously. Tbh most of what you post just makes me think you are a smerf account for a dev team member.

I have a 400mb connection, hardwired directly to the modem, with no jitter whatsoever. My xbox gets 350ms when I do a speed test. My upload speed is 20mbs. You say that player side internet issues could be an issue but they cant because the game requires 4mb and the overwhelming majority of people have 3 times that. Missed shot? Based on your analysis of the Kar98 shot I posted, where people broke it down via screen caps showing the bullet going through an AFK players jaw, I cannot take any of your "missed shot," narratives seriously. Tbh most of what you post just makes me think you are a smerf account for a dev team member.

Latency is more important than bandwidth. 

• Like 1

Do you still have the clip of the k9?

Also, your confirmation bias I referred to was not about the game.

Wait, your latency is 350ms??

1 minute ago, SandmaN20 said:

Wait, your latency is 350ms??

No. My down speed is 350mbs to the xbox from the modem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Its Just Logic said:

No. My down speed is 350mbs to the xbox from the modem. 

Ok. May want to edit your post, as 350ms would be bad. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

Do you still have the clip of the k9?

Also, your confirmation bias I referred to was not about the game.

Its on the forum somewhere. The other problem is the forum has pretty restrictive upload requirements that overly burdens forum users. It took me about 2 hours to upload the 30 second clip the first time because I had to send it two different places before uploading it to the forum and then the time editing it down to meet size requirements.

Dont talk to me about confirmation bias. Such discussions are not in the spirit of any kind of rhetorical debate whatsoever because social sciences are unprovable. You cannot prove I have a conformation bias you can merely suggest it based on anecdotal evidence. As someone who has insisted on facts I would redirect you to producing them in your own arguments.

Edited by Its Just Logic

Just now, Its Just Logic said:

Its on the forum somewhere. The other problem is the forum has pretty restrictive upload requirements that overly burdens forum users. It took me about 2 hours to upload the 30 second clip the first time because I had to send it two different places before uploading it to the forum and then the time editing it down to meet size requirements.

Dont talk to me about confirmation bias. Such discussions are not in the spirit of any kind of rhetorical debate whatsoever because social sciences are unprovable. You cannot prove I have a conformation bias you can merely suggest it based on anecdotal evidence.

Yeah I tried to search but found nothing.

The reason I suggested confirmation bias was because I am open to criticising the game. You're likely just not seeing it. 

But if you want to talk about rhetorical debate... maybe refrain from suggesting I'm a dev plant on the forums. That's ridiculous and only serves to dismiss what I have to say.

Practice what you preach.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Its Just Logic said:

That was me. It was a bad idea then and it still is now.

2 hours ago, Its Just Logic said:

I have a 400mb connection, hardwired directly to the modem, with no jitter whatsoever. My xbox gets 350ms when I do a speed test. My upload speed is 20mbs. You say that player side internet issues could be an issue but they cant because the game requires 4mb and the overwhelming majority of people have 3 times that.

Player-side issues go a lot further than bandwidth, bandwidth is almost irrelevant unless you have ridiculously low numbers. I'm pretty sure PUBG needs nowhere near 4mb though.

Edited by ColonicBoom

6 months wasn’t long enough 🤦🏻‍♂️.

The game is running significantly better than it was 6 months ago. I left the Xbox version when the PS4 version came out because it ran so much smoother for me on PS4. But the player base was never what I wished it could be. So I meandered on back to Xbox to see how it was coming along. I found it’s gotten a lot better. So much so that I’ve quit playing it on my PS for the most part. Beside the occasional frame drop when I’m rolling up in a vehicle, I really have few complaints. I really don’t experience the same amount of desync others seem to. I do notice quite the ping difference regularly because NA servers get quite a few SA players. But it’s so few and far between it doesn’t ruin my experience. So if you can honestly sit here and say that this game hasn’t improved for you in 6 months, perhaps this just isn’t the game for you and you should retire it from your collection permanently and avoid the forums full of nay sayers. We certainly haven’t missed your negativity while you were gone.

1 hour ago, ColonicBoom said:

That was me. It was a bad idea then and it still is now.

Player-side issues go a lot further than bandwidth, bandwidth is almost irrelevant unless you have ridiculously low numbers. I'm pretty sure PUBG needs nowhere near 4mb though.

Yes you can run pubg fine with 700kbs download.

9 hours ago, Its Just Logic said:

If you live next to the server (like someone who lives on an island obviously would) its pretty obvious your ping is going to be an outlier. What I am trying to say is the pings on average for most players across the board are higher than other games. This is the result of lacking server resources and quality. Players like Shroud wont even play on a 60ms connection. I consistently get 35-40 ping on BO4. 

Shroud is a prick.. he complains about everything..

Wait, are u shroud?

10 hours ago, Its Just Logic said:

yet PUBG had 2 million xbox players and now has less than 200k. Lol. Time to wise up 

Where are you getting these figures from?

How has the test server flopped?

They rightly or wrongly opened up all servers from launch (something what has previously been done when demand is high after a few days)

The test server runs well, rendering on the OG xbox is the best it has ever been, X users don't need SSD's.

The next patch will get more players enjoying the game, and bring some back.

And let's be honest, thats all what matters.