Jump to content
Landescotch

Erangel map, just use military island and 50 people

Recommended Posts

Faster circles, a game takes 15 minutes tops.  Once 30 people are in the game start the 30 second timer and start the game.  Everyone drops from a platform in the middle of the island so you can jump anywhere.  I would leave Apex and play that all night long. 

 

I think a lot of you hard core PUBG fans don't realize how many people you lose due to length of time a game takes and how long it takes to get back into a game.  If you want to grab the under 25 crowd, instant gratification.  

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

They’d lose me full stop if this is what it became.

 

It would be a map people can select to play.  You wouldn't be forced to play it.   Feel free to dish out some of your own ideas on how to attract more people to the game.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I would just want to play on the Military base, but I would be ok with having a Mini-Royale style game on each map. Smaller starting circle with increased spawn rates for ARs and circle behavior changed. 

 

This has been suggested before, in some form.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Landescotch said:

 

It would be a map people can select to play.  You wouldn't be forced to play it.   Feel free to dish out some of your own ideas on how to attract more people to the game.  

The only way to attract the under 25 crowd  (not all of them granted), is to compete with fortnite. 

I find the plsyerbase on pubg for the most part to be mature, even in attitude if not age alone. 

What I think would help is to optimise it as soon as possible but that’s wishful thinking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Landescotch said:

 

It would be a map people can select to play.  You wouldn't be forced to play it.   Feel free to dish out some of your own ideas on how to attract more people to the game.  

Quit nerfing things (specifically erangel loot and the xbox 1X).

Quit fucking with balancing things nobody asked for (recoil of m16, m4, scar),

Wasting resources on changing colourblind colours nobody asked for.

Wasting more resources detailing water depth colours on the map that nobody ever cared about or asked for.

Give us back the ability to heal while in water.

Move the one and only server for all of North America to a more centralized location.

Improve the tick rate of said server.

Leave the first aid kits the way they are, again i dont think anybody ever complained about them.

 

Just thinking about all this makes me nostalgic for a pre miramar experience, seems that since then the game has become drastically less enjoyable, only real improvement i can honestly think of is slightly smoother frame rate.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dinnerforone said:

Quit nerfing things (specifically erangel loot and the xbox 1X).

Quit fucking with balancing things nobody asked for (recoil of m16, m4, scar),

Wasting resources on changing colourblind colours nobody asked for.

Wasting more resources detailing water depth colours on the map that nobody ever cared about or asked for.

Give us back the ability to heal while in water.

Move the one and only server for all of North America to a more centralized location.

Improve the tick rate of said server.

Leave the first aid kits the way they are, again i dont think anybody ever complained about them.

 

Just thinking about all this makes me nostalgic for a pre miramar experience, seems that since then the game has become drastically less enjoyable, only real improvement i can honestly think of is slightly smoother frame rate.🤔

If they didn't add the colourblond mode it'd have been asked for trust me, just look at any forum for a game that doesn't have it. They did themselves and those who need that mode a favor by adding it early. 

 

Some of your other points though have merit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Landescotch said:

Faster circles, a game takes 15 minutes tops.  Once 30 people are in the game start the 30 second timer and start the game.  Everyone drops from a platform in the middle of the island so you can jump anywhere.  I would leave Apex and play that all night long. 

 

I think a lot of you hard core PUBG fans don't realize how many people you lose due to length of time a game takes and how long it takes to get back into a game.  If you want to grab the under 25 crowd, instant gratification.  

To some extent the length of time a round takes makes the chicken dinner that much better, especially if you had a good performance in it.

 

I'm not sure catering to the instant gratification players would do this game any good. I don't know if you follow or play World of Warcraft but they went down that path and have not been able to recover since and even if they reverted (like they're trying to do with bringing WoW Classic) I'm not sure they will be able to. 

 

If people want shorter rounds then there are games out there for them,  Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. I'd prefer PUBG stick to its roots, fix the rendering problems and try to get more FPS and let whatever happens happen from there. I'll play it til it cannot be played anymore. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Landescotch said:

Faster circles, a game takes 15 minutes tops.  Once 30 people are in the game start the 30 second timer and start the game.  Everyone drops from a platform in the middle of the island so you can jump anywhere.  I would leave Apex and play that all night long. 

 

I think a lot of you hard core PUBG fans don't realize how many people you lose due to length of time a game takes and how long it takes to get back into a game.  If you want to grab the under 25 crowd, instant gratification.  

 

I like it as an additional game mode, You get a similar game if you play warmode in custom games. I think if they improved the custom game element of Pubg it would help satisfy the wide ranging player needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Landescotch said:

 

Feel free to dish out some of your own ideas on how to attract more people to the game.  

 

60fps, perfect rendering, bugfree.

 

I know a lot of people want instant gratification, hence why Sanhok is so popular. I personally enjoy the slower, tactical pace of Erangel and Miramar.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, L2avenshield said:

If they didn't add the colourblond mode it'd have been asked for trust me, just look at any forum for a game that doesn't have it. They did themselves and those who need that mode a favor by adding it early. 

 

Some of your other points though have merit. 

Definitely wouldnt argue it’s appreciated by many, i was merely pointing out that they for whatever reason changed them when vikendi dropped and i feel they simply wasted the resources in doing so that could have been used elsewhere. Like fully customizable colour options similar to crosshair colour customization. Would be a hell of a feat i would imagine though.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hugeAXE WOUND said:

They’d lose me full stop if this is what it became.

Haven't seen you on to begin with AxeWound xD still waiting to play...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

Haven't seen you on to begin with AxeWound xD still waiting to play...

I know, I’m really inconsistent with times I can play!

My must usual time is Saturday morning U.K. time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Landescotch said:

 

It would be a map people can select to play.  You wouldn't be forced to play it.   Feel free to dish out some of your own ideas on how to attract more people to the game.  

Make it not run like shit. Boom! Problem solved.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love this in a custom game against the other 3 guys I play with 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pubg will always be a niche shooter, yes lots of people left because of performance but just as many left cause its somewhat hardcore with a steep learning curve.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madrigal77 said:

Make it not run like shit. Boom! Problem solved.

 

If you guys think millions of players will flock back to PUBG if the game ran smooth you are kidding yourselves. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Landescotch said:

 

If you guys think millions of players will flock back to PUBG if the game ran smooth you are kidding yourselves. 

It's more logical of a reason than rounds taking 30 mins. 

 

The peak of popularity of this game was when Erengal was the only map and rounds were taking 40 mins. 

 

The inability to render and add fps when other BRs weren't having those issues are likely the reason there was an exodus. 

Edited by L2avenshield
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, L2avenshield said:

It's more logical of a reason than rounds taking 30 mins. 

 

The peak of popularity of this game was when Erengal was the only map and rounds were taking 40 mins. 

 

The inability to render and add fps when other BRs weren't having those issues are likely the reason there was an exodus. 

Yep. Everyone I know that has quit have stated their reason as it runs like shit. They all love the gameplay but just gave up due to poor performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, Landescotch said:

Faster circles, a game takes 15 minutes tops.  Once 30 people are in the game start the 30 second timer and start the game.  Everyone drops from a platform in the middle of the island so you can jump anywhere.  I would leave Apex and play that all night long. 

 

I think a lot of you hard core PUBG fans don't realize how many people you lose due to length of time a game takes and how long it takes to get back into a game.  If you want to grab the under 25 crowd, instant gratification.  

Despite "losing" so many people, I'm in full matches within seconds. 

There's always gonna be enough people playing, no matter what they do or don't do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried a few recent games, none gave me any feeling for replay.

 

Online co-ops against boring, repetitive “horde modes “ enemies, moving from one set piece to the next....yawn.

 

Online pvp such as apex, cringey characters and voice overs, stupid special abilities, every weapon feeling the same etct etc...

 

Dont get me started on Fortnite, the most childish,  crayola, candy cane, willy Wonka looking garbage I have ever seen. Why anyone over 14 plays that I do not know.

 

Whilst there are mature gamers, there will be Pubg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...