Sign in to follow this  
Zangie

The still existing MMO Grind feel in PUBG

The Loot crates & the different season passes still remind me of the harsh grind on different MMOs. Tera as an example.

After 1500 hours played, I have been talking to alot of friends who have played around 1000-2000 hours and we all can agree that pubg is still too grindy when it comes to balance of loot percentage in crates and the different season passes. Reaching the areas of 4000 points and above, to achieve 5000+ rank is where most of us really loose interest of the game. It aint simply worth the time investment and this is where most of the game dies off and we get bored. It feels like we play so much but gain so little out of it in the end of the ranks and the loot crates and bp feels utterly useless.

We feel that if there is a huge overhaul of loot crates and bp balance, ramping up the feeling of worth of the crates can do alot of the community and fashionistas out there in the pubg world.

When it comes to the ranks, we feel that the latest season pass, the wild card was a good start in the right direction for balance of missions and challenges and would love to see more weapon challenges with more hefty and juicy unique skins, and not just the same across all. It really feels like a lazy move. The ranks can be tuned down a bit more to make it a bit easier and more rewarding to win games and also get into top 10 situations in the game, the rank points can be buffed a bit more to give us players that feeling of a reward after each match.

Best regards and thanks for reading this feedback folks.
Cheers!

• Like 2

They're all just cosmetics so they don't really matter, MMO grinding often has a weight to it.

I do wish we had a simple level and prestige system like so many shooters though, there really isn't anything ingame that shows if you've played much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destru said:

They're all just cosmetics so they don't really matter, MMO grinding often has a weight to it.

I do wish we had a simple level and prestige system like so many shooters though, there really isn't anything ingame that shows if you've played much.

what do you mean? you can get the survivor parachute to show everyone you played way too much 🙄

1 hour ago, Zangie said:

When it comes to the ranks, we feel that the latest season pass, the wild card was a good start in the right direction for balance of missions and challenges and would love to see more weapon challenges with more hefty and juicy unique skins, and not just the same across all. It really feels like a lazy move. The ranks can be tuned down a bit more to make it a bit easier and more rewarding to win games and also get into top 10 situations in the game, the rank points can be buffed a bit more to give us players that feeling of a reward after each match.

Nothing is rewarding about this point system. Everything is based on how much you play not how you play.

• Like 1

?? I don't understand your point ? 

I play pubg because its fun, there is no grind, there is no meaningful ranks, then skins you get from season finishing what ? a parachute that someone see for maybe 20 seconds who cares  .. lol.

The reward I get is from winning the game against the odds, or a particularly epic firefight 

I don't get how increasing the amount of the higher teir loot will make the crates feel more valuable. because the contents would be less valuable.  

I agree that if they dropped the prices of keys they might get more buyers ? but I don't think they are really considering selling keys for money as their main focus.  They probably want people to buy the passes now because they are great value if skins are your thing.

1 hour ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

?? I don't understand your point ? 

I play pubg because its fun, there is no grind, there is no meaningful ranks, then skins you get from season finishing what ? a parachute that someone see for maybe 20 seconds who cares  .. lol.

The reward I get is from winning the game against the odds, or a particularly epic firefight 

I don't get how increasing the amount of the higher teir loot will make the crates feel more valuable. because the contents would be less valuable.  

I agree that if they dropped the prices of keys they might get more buyers ? but I don't think they are really considering selling keys for money as their main focus.  They probably want people to buy the passes now because they are great value if skins are your thing.

I care ;D

It's like driving up to a party in a Lambo, :D

ok, but I guess that its not to be unexpected for the top skin to be a grind, I mean if it were easy everyone would have a lambo for your party .. then yours would look meh  😛

• Like 1