Sign in to follow this  
Dwp

Sniper rifle of choice?

Watching chocoTaco at least 4 times a week,

and he always takes the K9 over the M24 etc, i asked in the comment section why a couple of times but no answers or reactions.

Anybody on this forum that can tell me, why people take the K9 over the M24? is it just preference.

1 minute ago, Dwp said:

and he always takes the K9 over the M24 etc, i asked in the comment section why a couple of times but no answers or reactions.

Anybody on this forum that can tell me, why people take the K9 over the M24? is it just preference.

A lot of it might be preference. The guns all handle differently, so if you have gotten particularly good with a specific weapon then you might be able to more easily handle its characteristics (and thus get more kills with it). This is one of the reasons why I still prefer to use an M416 over a QBZ or G36C - they handle differently, despite doing the same damage.

I think there’s a nice simplicity to the Kar98. No extended mag. Better chance of a cheek pad with the bullet loop option too. 

Just hearing a K9 going off draws my attention more than any other gun besides the AWM

3 minutes ago, Takarii said:

A lot of it might be preference. The guns all handle differently, so if you have gotten particularly good with a specific weapon then you might be able to more easily handle its characteristics (and thus get more kills with it). This is one of the reasons why I still prefer to use an M416 over a QBZ or G36C - they handle differently, despite doing the same damage.

True, i have that with the Vector, i always go for the Vector with holographic sights, for me it works better, the QBZ is imo very hard in combat to get the drop on people, but for ambush it gets the job done for me atm.

The mutant is funny because with a 4x on it i cant hit much and its just all over, but with only the iron sights its an awesome AR imo.

But imo i would choose the M24 over the K9, faster reload and it feels its more solid.

• Like 1

I was all about the Kar at first because it was a world spawn SR. I remember the first time I got the M24 from a care package, it was in the field east of Georgopol south of water. A squad was pushing the package, coming from Ruins area and didn't see me behind the package, so I knocked two of them in the face with the M24 and my teammates took out the rest. So for me, M24 over Kar. 

VSS is way overpowered. Automatically comes with a scope, with a supressor, with a range finder, it shoots full-auto and it’s the quietest gun in the game? I love it. I don’t drop a VSS for any gun in the game.

• Like 1

bullet drop between k9 & m24 are slightly different, so it'll be down to preference & muscle memory imo. Given the lack of L3 helmets (other than vikendi), lack of practice with bullet drop and absence of additional ammo, I sometimes don't take the awm for the same reason, depending where in the game we are. (obvs take the ammo and dump, just to be a dick). 1 headshot is gonna kill 95% of time.

14 minutes ago, rondo101 said:

bullet drop between k9 & m24 are slightly different, so it'll be down to preference & muscle memory imo. Given the lack of L3 helmets (other than vikendi), lack of practice with bullet drop and absence of additional ammo, I sometimes don't take the awm for the same reason, depending where in the game we are. (obvs take the ammo and dump, just to be a dick). 1 headshot is gonna kill 95% of time.

Good point of not taking the AWM, i had that struggle, but i took it, in a straight line i took out any opponent. But i was unpracticed with a running guy moving from right to left within 200 meters, yet with the K9 or M24 and a 4x i would have had more chance of hitting him. So yes i sometimes let "good" powerfull weapons go for a "lesser" weapon that suits me better.

5 minutes ago, Dwp said:

Good point of not taking the AWM, i had that struggle, but i took it, in a straight line i took out any opponent. But i was unpracticed with a running guy moving from right to left within 200 meters, yet with the K9 or M24 and a 4x i would have had more chance of hitting him. So yes i sometimes let "good" powerfull weapons go for a "lesser" weapon that suits me better.

Training mode is all well and good, but it's not "real world" (lol) practice. I tend to over-compensate in leading shots or above for a headshot with the AWM. It does sound awesome with a suppressor though.

4 minutes ago, rondo101 said:

Training mode is all well and good, but it's not "real world" (lol) practice. I tend to over-compensate in leading shots or above for a headshot with the AWM. It does sound awesome with a suppressor though.

Its an awesome weapon, i love it, only got it like two times since my Pubg experience LOL and only entered training one time.

Gonna look it up though.

IIRC the k9 has less bullet drop over distance than m24, might be a reason choco picks the k9 over m24. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prinzar said:

I think there’s a nice simplicity to the Kar98. No extended mag. Better chance of a cheek pad with the bullet loop option too. 

Just hearing a K9 going off draws my attention more than any other gun besides the AWM

Ignorant question, but what does the bullet loop do for the K9? im really a beginner in all this. :D

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dwp said:

Ignorant question, but what does the bullet loop do for the K9? im really a beginner in all this. :D

Faster reloading. Always pick this for a K9 as cheek pad only decreases recoil of the first shot. cheek pad on DMRs/m24+AWM for stability, ammo loop for k9 for fast reloads.

I think wackyjacky broke down the statistics of this and showed that its way more efficient to pick ammo loop for K9 because it cuts down the reload speed by 25% which can be vital in some situations. Cheek pad is essentially only good if your doing 400+m shots

Edited by AmaZedgorilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dwp said:

Increases reload speed by about a third

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwp said:

The M24 is statistically better then the K98 but I choose the K98 almost every time over the M24 unless I have extended mag and sometimes that sways me to M24. I like the way the K98 feels and less bullet drop. 

This shot for example would probably have landed at the guys legs or hip. K98 is money on the head

https://xboxclips.com/XxESCxXLUKE1333/5ae3cafb-d49a-4b8b-a357-d23217d0d96e

27 minutes ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

IIRC the k9 has less bullet drop over distance than m24, might be a reason choco picks the k9 over m24. 

correct much much less over 100s of meters

I think the only reason choco (and a few others) take the Kar98 over the M24 is simply that they've used it a lot more and the bullet lead on moving targets is ingrained into their muscle memory. 

12 hours ago, Dwp said:

They get used to the bullet speed and trajectory, so they tend to shy away from other weapons.

12 hours ago, Dwp said:

I also like the K9 better. I can't say why though.

But really my favorite Sniper is the DP.

18 hours ago, Dwp said:

It’s too late and I’m too tired to look if anyone here answered properly lol.  But I remember Choco saying that he had just gotten used to the K9 because it was the only bolt rifle in the beginning that wasn’t a crate weapon. The M24 used to be a crate weapon. So he just likes the K9 because it’s ol’ trusty to him. But he does well with ANY weapon in his hands lol. I personally like the M24. And to me, there is still no better sound in this game than a suppressed M24.