Migwar

Best update ever

This isn't hyperbole.. last night I dropped into the PTS with no hopes of any actual improvement whatsoever and was pleasantly surprised.. that doesn't do it justice.. I was gobsmacked!

I have a One S and no SSD.. and I've never landed in the castle on vikendi.. I mean, I've landed in it, and dropped under it, but I've never seen it and walked around it.. until last night

I dropped over the castle and it loaded up as I was falling. It seemed fully formed before I even pulled my chute. As I came into land I hit a wall.. actually hit it, as opposed to going thru it.. and landed on the courtyard.. a place I've only ever seen from below

So, in summary, I think the wait times on the PTS prevent me from returning to the game, after a 3 month absence.. but next week when this update goes live.. I'm back

And all you people who said "you need an SSD" and "you expect this game to work on old technology".. turned out all I needed was patience

And I know no one cares if I play or not.. but u should, cos I'm trash, and I'll improve ur "ever so important" k/d 😉

TL/DR: good update 👍

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

It always runs great on the PTS, then as soon as they put it live, it goes to shit. Especially after about a month. I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Like 5

I honestly thought it ran great last night on the PTS and that’s even being on the NA servers from UK but we will see! 

Shame I couldn’t play solo’s though, I had it all from players leaving from the plane to team killers!!! They just ruin the game for everyone.

• Like 3

In my experience the PTS runs worse than live servers, so confident it'll be fine next week.. and as for the performance deteriorating over time, whilst I have noticed that in the past, it been things like desync and glitching that occur more frequently, not a decrease in rendering speeds.

And my game last night was on EU PTS, not NA as it always has been before @trakkerx

• Like 2

There is only NA servers for the pts active now, its locked to NA. 

I love the update too, i even managed to get some friends that havent played for 6-8 months to come back and they all said ”wow it has really improved since last time i play” there isnt a big difference in the fps since last update but it felt much smoother and i installed the pts on my OG harddrive(not my ssd) and ecerything loaded in before i landed or there was a second the buildings were playdoh. I feel pretty positive for this update i think it will bring back alot of players to be honest! 

Sorry for no paragraphs and shit im on my phone with a cracked screen.. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hello, EU servers are available on the PTS.

From the PTS feedback section

I even checked the code at the bottom of the screen in my game.. it was definitely EU

Edited by Migwar

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Migwar said:

From the PTS feedback section

I even checked the code at the bottom of the screen in my game.. it was definitely EU

Weird as they stated in the pts news that it would be locked to NA.. communication problems over and over, like the copy pasta of the pc patch notes smh..

i guess thats why every game that i got into last night had 50 or less players when game started. Just make it NA only so we an get full lobbies and really try the pts out

Edited by AmaZedgorilla
Forgot something

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, trakkerx said:

I honestly thought it ran great last night on the PTS and that’s even being on the NA servers from UK but we will see! 

Shame I couldn’t play solo’s though, I had it all from players leaving from the plane to team killers!!! They just ruin the game for everyone.

I played two games and got a dinner on Mirimar... swear I looked at the ID at the bottom and I was on PTS EU servers?! Was only around  40 people on both games though.

Is there an EU PTS or only NA?

... also thought it ran great, everything loaded in before I landed 😱

Edited by DB0VIN

25 minutes ago, Migwar said:

In my experience the PTS runs worse than live servers, so confident it'll be fine next week.. and as for the performance deteriorating over time, whilst I have noticed that in the past, it been things like desync and glitching that occur more frequently, not a decrease in rendering speeds.

And my game last night was on EU PTS, not NA as it always has been before @trakkerx

Just read this part, I also thought there was EU PTS servers

21 minutes ago, DB0VIN said:

I played two games and got a dinner on Mirimar... swear I looked at the ID at the bottom and I was on PTS EU servers?! Was only around  40 people on both games though.

Is there an EU PTS or only NA?

... also thought it ran great, everything loaded in before I landed 😱

Was you in squads?

as a side note, RIP ump9 😪

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, trakkerx said:

Was you in squads?

as a side note, RIP ump9 😪

Nah lad, solo polo. 

Had a quick look at the new UMP and M16. Never used it in any interactions. Though, just picked up and fired a few shots off to check the fire rate/recoil.

Came back onto live servers after the 2nd game but looking forward for it moving onto the live servers.

Is there any update to custom games in the PTS? I didn’t check? Thought I read something about being able to start with 2 players?... if so 😍 you’re dead lad 😂

Edited by DB0VIN
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DB0VIN said:

Nah lad, solo polo. 

Had a quick look at the new UMP and M16. Never used it in any interactions. Though, just picked up and fired a few shots off to check the fire rate/recoil.

Came back onto live servers after the 2nd game but looking forward for it moving onto the live servers.

Is there any update to custom games in the PTS? I didn’t check? Thought I read something about being able to start with 2 players?... if so 😍 you’re dead lad 😂

I don’t think custom games is active on the PTS. I fired the UMP at someone 3m in front of me and he just laughed and mowed me down with his M4, never again will I pick that gun up lol.

Im a massive M16 fan anyways so any upgrades are very welcome. Had a few kills with it last night! I couldn’t find a game on solos, well I wasn’t prepared to wait longer than 2mins lol

Im happy with everything other than the poor UMP.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DB0VIN said:

Thought I read something about being able to start with 2 players?... if so 😍 you’re dead lad 😂

Haha, didn’t notice this till I re-read the post. Come on we all know how 1v1’s between me and you turn out ☺️🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trakkerx said:

Haha, didn’t notice this till I re-read the post. Come on we all know how 1v1’s between me and you turn out ☺️🤣

I think we’re probably about even now 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DB0VIN said:

I think we’re probably about even now 😉

Possibly ☺️

3 hours ago, trakkerx said:

I don’t think custom games is active on the PTS. I fired the UMP at someone 3m in front of me and he just laughed and mowed me down with his M4, never again will I pick that gun up lol.

Im a massive M16 fan anyways so any upgrades are very welcome. Had a few kills with it last night! I couldn’t find a game on solos, well I wasn’t prepared to wait longer than 2mins lol

Im happy with everything other than the poor UMP.

the vector9 spits though. Don't know why you wouldn't like it

4 hours ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

Weird as they stated in the pts news that it would be locked to NA.

Hi, do you have a link to the post that stated this?  EU servers are open on the test server.

5 hours ago, Migwar said:

This isn't hyperbole.. last night I dropped into the PTS with no hopes of any actual improvement whatsoever and was pleasantly surprised.. that doesn't do it justice.. I was gobsmacked!

I have a One S and no SSD.. and I've never landed in the castle on vikendi.. I mean, I've landed in it, and dropped under it, but I've never seen it and walked around it.. until last night

I dropped over the castle and it loaded up as I was falling. It seemed fully formed before I even pulled my chute. As I came into land I hit a wall.. actually hit it, as opposed to going thru it.. and landed on the courtyard.. a place I've only ever seen from below

So, in summary, I think the wait times on the PTS prevent me from returning to the game, after a 3 month absence.. but next week when this update goes live.. I'm back

And all you people who said "you need an SSD" and "you expect this game to work on old technology".. turned out all I needed was patience

And I know no one cares if I play or not.. but u should, cos I'm trash, and I'll improve ur "ever so important" k/d 😉

TL/DR: good update 👍

We are glad that you had a good experience and noticed the improvements that have been made.  This is something that we want to build upon moving forward and we thank you for your feedback which helps us do this.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi, do you have a link to the post that stated this?  EU servers are open on the test server.

I was trying to find it but i couldnt. It might just be my really shitty memory but i think i read when the PTS notes got released that it said "Region: NA", like i said my very shitty memory might have just played tricks on me..

Anyways, the update seems great and my friends who havent played for months were positively suprised on how smooth it was running and the rendering working good for them on the OG without ssd, GJ :).

We are gonna get some more full squad games going before PTS ends and will have more feedback after that.

I for one is really happy that my friends are coming back(hopefully to stay forever), i have really missed playing squads :(  

• Like 1

Just now, AmaZedgorilla said:

I was trying to find it but i couldnt. It might just be my really shitty memory but i think i read when the PTS notes got released that it said "Region: NA", like i said my very shitty memory might have just played tricks on me..

Anyways, the update seems great and my friends who havent played for months were positively suprised on how smooth it was running and the rendering working good for them on the OG without ssd, GJ :).

We are gonna get some more full squad games going before PTS ends and will have more feedback after that.

I for one is really happy that my friends are coming back(hopefully to stay forever), i have really missed playing squads :(  

You may have seen it on the old PTS patch notes because they were specifically limited to using NA servers with reduced game modes to select.  

It's great to see that you are liking them improvements and that your friends have found the PTS a positive experience.  Remember to tag me in your feedback once you get the full squad games going.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

You may have seen it on the old PTS patch notes because they were specifically limited to using NA servers with reduced game modes to select.  

It's great to see that you are liking them improvements and that your friends have found the PTS a positive experience.  Remember to tag me in your feedback once you get the full squad games going.  Cheers!

It's going great @PUBG_Andymh5  !! Kudos to you and the pubg dev team! keep up the good work! hopefully we're on the road to 60 FPS ;)

• Thanks 3

3 horas atrás, MongoDublin disse:

It's going great @PUBG_Andymh5  !! Kudos to you and the pubg dev team! keep up the good work! hopefully we're on the road to 60 FPS ;)

60 FPS in the PUBG would be a slap in the face of society!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trakkerx said:

I couldn’t find a game on solos, well I wasn’t prepared to wait longer than 2mins lol

It took us 15 minutes to find a squad game and then it started with about 50 people. At 8:30pm 😫

4 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

It took us 15 minutes to find a squad game and then it started with about 50 people. At 8:30pm 😫

Squad games for me said around 3 minutes but took seconds. I just had to deal with all the muppets that leave the game or team kill.

12 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Hey, to improve PTS matchmaking times we have restricted queues to SQUAD FPP/TPP only.