Sign in to follow this  
Chuggme

Why are these in the game?

18 minutes ago, Chuggme said:

Interesting theory since they said themselves that removing the cosmetic items improved performance...  Remember back in the day when the maps used to be littered with clothing?  I'd suggest you check the old patch notes there buddy.

Thats communication with the server. The fewer things that need to be placed and loaded the better. And while fewer things to render is going to improve performance, the loss of a few polygons in clothing isn't going to be significant. Not once did I have a game falter because of too many pants on the ground. Rather its things like smoke and explosions and muzzle flashes and tree limbs and grass swaying etc. 

Would cutting out flies and water drops improve performance? Yes. Would it make a noticeable difference in how a smoke grenade affects the game? No. This isn't unlike cutting out a few french fries from a 4000 calorie Burger meal. It will make a difference, but not one you'll notice. 

38 minutes ago, Chuggme said:

Interesting theory since they said themselves that removing the cosmetic items improved performance...  Remember back in the day when the maps used to be littered with clothing?  I'd suggest you check the old patch notes there buddy.

It's not a theory. You're comparing a bunch of clothing that needed to be sent by the server vs small things added to the client. No server involved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TriviaJockey said:

I just want to get rid of vehicle noise once you exit the vehicle.

Can't stand always having to enter and exit a vehicle after just getting out so the vehicle will stop idling 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chuggme said:

Can't stand always having to enter and exit a vehicle after just getting out so the vehicle will stop idling 

I don't think I would mind if it was universal. Some hear it and others don't, which is nonsense.

• Like 1

On mobile they've removed all the window glass and a lot of detail inside the buildings as well as re-arranged some things to make everything run better. It runs smooth as hell at 60fps on my iPad Pro and looks almost as good as the Xbox. I have an SSD in my Xbox, so I don't have any rendering problems, but it still runs at a piss poor MAX 30fps and very often 25fps. There's no excuse for this. Stop trying to make a 1:1 port of the PC. It's not going to work. The Xbox is not powerful enough to do it. Instead, they should optimize the game for the hardware like the mobile team did.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 1:02 PM, HelloDaddio said:

It’s part of layering. What would you suggest they replace the ocean with?

Idk how exactly to make a game ive played many and ive never seen an ocean under the lvl. Just seems like why cant it just not be able to fall through idk 

Why do we have anything? Why not just stickmen with guns on a white background?

its called aesthetics, that’s why those things are in the game. 

They make the maps more immersive and interesting.