Sign in to follow this  
Chuggme

Why are these in the game?

Posted (edited)

Why, when there are severe performance crushing issues plaguing this game, are there things like:

-birds flying in the sky

-flys buzzing around trash bags

-buzzing noises from said flys

-exhaust smoke effects from vehicles

-spent magazines on the ground

-spent painkiller bottles on the ground

-spent energy drinks on the ground

-cosmetic hats on the ground

-pipes with dripping water

Etc...???

I don't know anything about making games and such but i'm pretty sure all of these little things put strain on the system.  If they're combining things like sniper and shotty bullet loops to improve performance, then it stands to reason that removing these other useless items for the time being would do the same.

Edited by Chuggme
  • Like 1

My favorite is they added an animation to visually check the fire mode of your gun by holding left on dpad. Its fairly recent. Why would this ever be necessary? At the very leasy, why is it more important than fixing the 2x blurriness? 

3 hours ago, Chuggme said:

I don't know anything about making games

Should have stopped there

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Braydenmaine22 said:

My favorite is they added an animation to visually check the fire mode of your gun by holding left on dpad. Its fairly recent. Why would this ever be necessary? At the very leasy, why is it more important than fixing the 2x blurriness? 

This is probably linked to the new dangly 'jewellery' you will be able to unlock when weapon mastery starts.

The discarded painkiller bottle got me a kill a few days ago. Saw it rolling down the hill and knew exactly where the other guy using it was. 

Keep them in the game I say!

• Like 3

yeah the buzzing sound flies does is way too loud. I understand the concept of it being in the game but tone down volume please..

• Like 1

Hats on the ground are a good indicator someone has picked up a helmet 

If I see one when looting I change my tactics to suit knowing someone has been or could still be around.

I still die though..........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AndyF said:

If I see one when looting I change my tactics to suit knowing someone has been or could still be around.

I wear a hooded coat so I don’t drop any hats now. Always trying to give the least information I can give in the early game

• Like 1

The flies, they really wanna make me slap around my head, they are louder than the motorboat.

The thing the seems to slow down the game the most is the ocean under the map. That really doesnt need to be there

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndyF said:

I get that, but 95% of the time that I see a hat laying on the ground I either immediately see a gun without ammo, or already saw a gun without ammo in the same area, which has the same effect in terms of knowing someone is around.

8 minutes ago, Chuggme said:

I get that, but 95% of the time that I see a hat laying on the ground I either immediately see a gun without ammo, or already saw a gun without ammo in the same area, which has the same effect in terms of knowing someone is around.

Agreed

The flies at Pai Nan sound like they're the size of elephants. If there's an enemy nearby and a fly turns up while you're listening for their footsteps - you're in trouble.

Add to this list those dumbass bars on the windows. Literally zero point other than to piss people off.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, maineventev said:

Add to this list those dumbass bars on the windows. Literally zero point other than to piss people off.

They’re there to stop you going in and out of those windows. They want you to have to go through doors in some buildings to make them harder to attack

15 hours ago, Chuggme said:

Why, when there are severe performance crushing issues plaguing this game, are there things like:

-birds flying in the sky

-flys buzzing around trash bags

-buzzing noises from said flys

-exhaust smoke effects from vehicles

-spent magazines on the ground

-spent painkiller bottles on the ground

-spent energy drinks on the ground

-cosmetic hats on the ground

-pipes with dripping water

Etc...???

I don't know anything about making games and such but i'm pretty sure all of these little things put strain on the system.  If they're combining things like sniper and shotty bullet loops to improve performance, then it stands to reason that removing these other useless items for the time being would do the same.

I've been notified of an enemies presence because I noticed a magazine on the ground that wasn't mine or a loot-able item. 

These aesthetic inclusions elevate the games immersion and storytelling with minimal impact to performance. 

The real causes for poor performance are draw distance, high polygon counts, smoke and particle effects, and communication with the servers. These can all be optimized of course. Cutting out unnecessary geometry, adjusting the fidelity of effects etc. 

14 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

I like all of the small cosmetic things that increase my immersion. This isn’t PUBG Lite.

Damn dude. Why you gotta go and make me actually agree with you on something? Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Omegagod333 said:

The thing the seems to slow down the game the most is the ocean under the map. That really doesnt need to be there

It’s part of layering. What would you suggest they replace the ocean with?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Prinzar said:

The discarded painkiller bottle got me a kill a few days ago. Saw it rolling down the hill and knew exactly where the other guy using it was. 

Keep them in the game I say!

I've gotten a kill this exact same way!  Saw the pill bottle roll into the hallway at Hacienda.

This game is more visceral and unforgiving than all those arcade BR’s. That’s what I love about it.. the sounds to distract you, the stuff that can give you away.. the bleakness of the landscape .. how unforgiving the looting can be sometimes.. it’s all to chance .. all this should be kept . Why would you want to take this out of the game??!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MongoDublin said:

This game is more visceral and unforgiving than all those arcade BR’s. That’s what I love about it.. the sounds to distract you, the stuff that can give you away.. the bleakness of the landscape .. how unforgiving the looting can be sometimes.. it’s all to chance .. all this should be kept . Why would you want to take this out of the game??!  

I don't want to take any of it out of the game forever.  Some thing(s) are slowing this game down, creating network lag, dsync issues, crashes, etc.  Until it's figured out I think remove everything that isn't absolutely essential and reintroduce them 1 by 1 that way they can pinpoint the problem.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

19 minutes ago, Chuggme said:

I don't want to take any of it out of the game forever.  Some thing(s) are slowing this game down, creating network lag, dsync issues, crashes, etc.  Until it's figured out I think remove everything that isn't absolutely essential and reintroduce them 1 by 1 that way they can pinpoint the problem.

None of these small cosmetic things you mentioned have any effect on any of the problems you mentioned. No need to tell people who do know how to make a game how to make their game.

24 minutes ago, SiXXX said:

None of these small cosmetic things you mentioned have any effect on any of the problems you mentioned. No need to tell people who do know how to make a game how to make their game.

Interesting theory since they said themselves that removing the cosmetic items improved performance...  Remember back in the day when the maps used to be littered with clothing?  I'd suggest you check the old patch notes there buddy.