Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
VinnieB

Change vehicle mechanics

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Vehicle mechanics need to be changed. If you're going forward and need to stop, you release RT then hold LT to use the brakes but when the vehicle get's close to stopping, reverse kicks in. It should be the vehicle comes to a complete stop, then if you want to reverse you let go of LT and press it again. Same as if you're reversing and want to stop. Hold RT to stop, when stopped release RT then hold RT again to go forward.  

Edited by VinnieB
  • Like 3
  • RIP 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the handbrake and whichever trigger I need to stop. It won’t let you reverse without letting go of the handbrake when you’ve reached that total stop

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Vehicle mechanics need to be changed. If you're going forward and need to stop, you release RT then hold LT to use the brakes but when the vehicle get's close to stopping, reverse kicks in. It should be the vehicle comes to a complete stop, then if you want to reverse you let go of LT and press it again. Same as if you're reversing and want to stop. Hold RT to stop, when stopped release RT then hold RT again to go forward.  

 

RT is Accelerate, LT is Reverse (so it shouldn't stop), and Y is Brake, if you want to stop.

  • Like 2
  • RIP 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nodogg said:

 

RT is Accelerate, LT is Reverse (so it shouldn't stop), and Y is Brake, if you want to stop.

Y is hand brake, which just locks up your rear wheels. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Y is hand brake, which just locks up your rear wheels. 

use LT until you get to under 10MPH. then Y. this stops the vehicle immediately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dabomb123 said:

use LT until you get to under 10MPH. then Y. this stops the vehicle immediately.

Would just be easier if they implemented the opposite trigger as being the brake until pressed again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Would just be easier if they implemented the opposite trigger as being the brake until pressed again.  

easier for you maybe. It feels perfectly easy to me the way it is and all my friends know me as the master driver lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wondering why it's not the same as pc, on console a slight turn left or right will cancel a bandage/boost item, over on pc the only thing I've found that cancels it is a crash or landing from a jump. Also the damage you take from a crash or vehicle flip is extreme on console. I've been in vehicles that have flipped 3 times on pc and barely lost 1hp, console it would kill you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Y is hand brake, which just locks up your rear wheels. 

So you’re saying using your hand brake to brake just isn’t good enough for you? You want them to add from brakes to the car too? Bad ideas like this are what ruin this game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

I've been wondering why it's not the same as pc, on console a slight turn left or right will cancel a bandage/boost item, over on pc the only thing I've found that cancels it is a crash or landing from a jump. Also the damage you take from a crash or vehicle flip is extreme on console. I've been in vehicles that have flipped 3 times on pc and barely lost 1hp, console it would kill you. 

 

It was pointed out on a previous thread that the console has different mechanics to reduce the numbers of players driving round in final circles. If you played back at launch, you will remember those demolition derbies, and none of us want to go back to that.. so as a trade off it should stay as it is

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Migwar said:

 

It was pointed out on a previous thread that the console has different mechanics to reduce the numbers of players driving round in final circles. If you played back at launch, you will remember those demolition derbies, and none of us want to go back to that.. so as a trade off it should stay as it is

You should be able to use a bandage whilst driving tho. The way it is now, even hitting an any on the road causes it to cancel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jase said:

You should be able to use a bandage whilst driving tho. The way it is now, even hitting an any on the road causes it to cancel. 

 

It'd be fine if it paused the healing when hitting bumps but not cancel it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, so u can pop a heal if ur not the driver, but if you go over 5mph it cancels it.. it seems overly sensitive, and I agree should be improved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Migwar said:

 

It was pointed out on a previous thread that the console has different mechanics to reduce the numbers of players driving round in final circles. If you played back at launch, you will remember those demolition derbies, and none of us want to go back to that.. so as a trade off it should stay as it is

Isn't that the reason why vehicles take more damage?. And I wasn't talking about the driver healing whilst driving, I meant passengers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nickzilla2369 said:

So you’re saying using your hand brake to brake just isn’t good enough for you? You want them to add from brakes to the car too? Bad ideas like this are what ruin this game 

Using your hand brake isn't meant to stop the vehicle, it's meant to swing the ass end out in a turn. Do you have any idea on the basic mechanics of a real vehicle? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

Isn't that the reason why vehicles take more damage?. And I wasn't talking about the driver healing whilst driving, I meant passengers. 

So, as far as I understand it, which admittedly is very little, the car damage is linked to passenger damage, which I assume is linked to why we can't heal when the vehicle is in motion..

 

But that's just me making a bunch of assumptions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nickzilla2369 said:

Bad ideas like this are what ruin this game

🤔 not bad coding or bugs huh? Not glitches or lag or cheaters? Just random peoples bad ideas ruin this game huh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, x1337LEE1337x said:

 on console a slight turn left or right will cancel a bandage/boost item, over on pc the only thing I've found that cancels it is a crash or landing from a jump.

 

7 hours ago, Jase said:

You should be able to use a bandage whilst driving tho. The way it is now, even hitting an any on the road causes it to cancel. 

 

And in a boat, it's almost impossible to heal in a moving boat.

Strangely, you seem to be able to heal more easily on Erangel than you can heal on Miramar. Even if you're in a field on Erangel and a flat road on Miramar.

Edited by ColonicBoom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Using your hand brake isn't meant to stop the vehicle, it's meant to swing the ass end out in a turn. Do you have any idea on the basic mechanics of a real vehicle? 

 

... And yet, in this game, it can be perfectly used to stop the vehicle, I don't see why it'd bother anyone. Pubg, and "basic mechanics of a real vehicle", yea right. You can still use it to drift as well anyway.

 

 

If anything about this Accelerate-Reverse thing sucks it's the inability to make a J-turn, for example. Makes getaways a menace, no matter how fast you go, the car will simply stop.

 

Also, it's pretty stupid that after you spin out and... well, accidentally continue your journey in reverse - e.g. slightly hitting a tree with the side of your car after a jump with high speed -, you can't keep that momentum. Doesn't matter if you're going downhill, you try to keep it up in reverse by pressing Lt - then it works as a goddamn brake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fSucee said:

 

... And yet, in this game, it can be perfectly used to stop the vehicle, I don't see why it'd bother anyone. Pubg, and "basic mechanics of a real vehicle", yea right. You can still use it to drift as well anyway.

 

 

If anything about this Accelerate-Reverse thing sucks it's the inability to make a J-turn, for example. Makes getaways a menace, no matter how fast you go, the car will simply stop.

 

Also, it's pretty stupid that after you spin out and... well, accidentally continue your journey in reverse - e.g. slightly hitting a tree with the side of your car after a jump with high speed -, you can't keep that momentum. Doesn't matter if you're going downhill, you try to keep it up in reverse by pressing Lt - then it works as a goddamn brake.

You use the hand brake for that, which I have no problem doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 5:18 AM, VinnieB said:

Vehicle mechanics need to be changed. If you're going forward and need to stop, you release RT then hold LT to use the brakes but when the vehicle get's close to stopping, reverse kicks in. It should be the vehicle comes to a complete stop, then if you want to reverse you let go of LT and press it again. Same as if you're reversing and want to stop. Hold RT to stop, when stopped release RT then hold RT again to go forward.  

Agreed, it's like this in almost every other game with vehicles. Seems like just lazy programming yet again that someone overlooked. We all have just got used to letting off the brake/reverse at the last second. Handbrakes are for drifting and as a back up break in real life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fSucee said:

 

... And yet, in this game, it can be perfectly used to stop the vehicle, I don't see why it'd bother anyone. Pubg, and "basic mechanics of a real vehicle", yea right. You can still use it to drift as well anyway.

 

 

If anything about this Accelerate-Reverse thing sucks it's the inability to make a J-turn, for example. Makes getaways a menace, no matter how fast you go, the car will simply stop.

 

Also, it's pretty stupid that after you spin out and... well, accidentally continue your journey in reverse - e.g. slightly hitting a tree with the side of your car after a jump with high speed -, you can't keep that momentum. Doesn't matter if you're going downhill, you try to keep it up in reverse by pressing Lt - then it works as a goddamn brake.

J Turing feels so much natural in other games and easy to accomplish right off the bat. The momentum carrying in this game is horrendous across the entire board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Using your hand brake isn't meant to stop the vehicle, it's meant to swing the ass end out in a turn. Do you have any idea on the basic mechanics of a real vehicle? 

You understand this is a game? Why don’t you go get one of those controller steering wheels if you want “realistic driving”. The hand brake in the game can be used to come to a complete stop, if you want to whip it around, you can. You probably blame your horrible skills based on the driving “I didn’t win this game because I couldn’t brake properly during the first circle, blah blah blah” get good kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 5:48 PM, Nickzilla2369 said:

You understand this is a game? Why don’t you go get one of those controller steering wheels if you want “realistic driving”. The hand brake in the game can be used to come to a complete stop, if you want to whip it around, you can. You probably blame your horrible skills based on the driving “I didn’t win this game because I couldn’t brake properly during the first circle, blah blah blah” get good kid

Lmao, kid? Ok sure. I'm simply making a suggestion that could better the handling of the vehicles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Lmao, kid? Ok sure. I'm simply making a suggestion that could better the handling of the vehicles. 

Just explain to me why the hand brake doesn’t cut it for you? Come on, blow my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...