Jediandy28

PTS....Uhm

Okay, so, this update was supposed to include the Erangel loot rebalance...but literally everyone is saying that the loot has gotten worse. Server performance is now punishing those of us who bought SSDs so we could play the game without the awful rendering issues. 

Guys, something has gone very wrong with this PTS update. Can you at least address the loot rebalance issue urgently? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, Jediandy28 said:

Okay, so, this update was supposed to include the Erangel loot rebalance...but literally everyone is saying that the loot has gotten worse. Server performance is now punishing those of us who bought SSDs so we could play the game without the awful rendering issues. 

Guys, something has gone very wrong with this PTS update. Can you at least address the loot rebalance issue urgently? 

Thanks

Hi, the Erangel loot changes mentioned in the PTS patch notes is what is currently on the PTS.  This balance change is different from what is currently on PC and will be rebalanced on console at a later date.
Can you explain how server performance is now punishing those using SSDs?

Posted (edited)

Can't even get Erangel to take a look. Takes 3-6 minutes to get a game then it's bloody Vikendi... How and why they left Sanhok as featured is beyond me.

Edit: Uhm... So if this is a broken loot balance that will be further modified, why do we have to get it?

Edited by fSucee

@PUBG_Andymh5 okay thanks, the rebalance wasn't really clear, we all thought it was the PC rebalance. I suggest this be addressed publicly to clarify. 

In terms of the SSD, a friend descrived it as 'artifical lag'. People who are having better set-ups seem to be getting lag whereas people without are getting little or no lag. I don't understand this side of things personally but he has a history in programming so I'm just passing on what he said. I've witnessed it on another friend's stream as well.

Now that the main servers are up though I think most people are just going to stick with the main game if they're finding the PTS unplayable.

As always Andy, thanks for the quick reply and your support. Some of us do actually appreciate you guys.

I really doubt this game is punishing people who have it installed on an external SSD, I highly doubt it even matters. I could be wrong though, I do remember when the 360 gave you the option to install the game on the HDD so the disc drive didn't sound like a jet. Bungie told people not to do so with Halo 3 since it would make the game run less effective since it was optimized to run from the disc drive. I doubt this is the case but worth a mention nonetheless.   

54 minutes ago, fSucee said:

So if this is a broken loot balance that will be further modified, why do we have to get it?

This is not a broken loot balance, it's simply the same balance change that was on PC prior to the current one.  This was something that could not be changed on the build before going to the PTS.

30 minutes ago, Jediandy28 said:

Sorry @PUBG_Andymh5 I also just noticed 2 updates for the PTS on my Xbox in the last hour. Was a second rolled out at some time this morning?

The only update the PTS received was 11 hrs ago.

3 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

This is not a broken loot balance, it's simply the same balance change that was on PC prior to the current one.  This was something that could not be changed on the build before going to the PTS.

Well I could sugarcoat it, but I don't suppose it is a coincidence that it had to be "further balanced" on PC.  The fact that it'll be changed on console later doesn't make it look any better, either.

Still haven't had the chance to try it myself, I just don't see why is it good for you guys to add changes that are confirmed to be bad.

13 minutes ago, fSucee said:

Well I could sugarcoat it, but I don't suppose it is a coincidence that it had to be "further balanced" on PC.  The fact that it'll be changed on console later doesn't make it look any better, either.

Still haven't had the chance to try it myself, I just don't see why is it good for you guys to add changes that are confirmed to be bad.

Ill forward your concerns to the relevant teams.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Ill forward your concerns to the relevant teams.  Thanks

Hi Andy mate! Will be EU available on the PTS? from EU to NA....ehh big ping  + desync

8 minutes ago, Big Stend said:

Hi Andy mate! Will be EU available on the PTS? from EU to NA....ehh big ping  + desync

Hello, EU servers are available on the PTS.

2 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

thnx . The rendering seems to work for me. It's getting loaded up before i even reach the ground with and xbox S. And the mp5k will replace smth or not?

Let's just hope that it doesn't take 4 months to add the current loot rebalancing on console that the pc version currently has

2 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

For real? All PTS has been NA only previously, so I always have them a miss after having a quick look around, but this would hook me for sure!!

Every erangel I’ve landed in has been pistol heavy and shotgun heavy literally no ars the map needs a full remodel honestly more loot areas better terrain smaller map 👍 this loot changes and damage changes the only thing I can say I like out of this patch is the ump 45 is pretty cool the m16a4 is a mid range god again but finding that kind of loot on erangel be prepared to look for a century in all the buildings..

7 hours ago, Jediandy28 said:

In terms of the SSD, a friend descrived it as 'artifical lag'. People who are having better set-ups seem to be getting lag whereas people without are getting little or no lag. I don't understand this side of things personally but he has a history in programming so I'm just passing on what he said. I've witnessed it on another friend's stream as well.

Your friend is mistaken. That is not how it works.